Eastern PAers Looking for Poly Advice (and not if "poly wants a cracker" or not!)

Justsayneigh

Eastern PAers Looking for Poly Advice (and not if "poly wants a cracker" or not!)

Hi, everyone! We are looking for some advice and input. My husband and I both have jobs where it is difficult to meet people. We have been looking to meet some people (preferably female so she and I can do some "girl things" while my husband is out doing "boy" things). Specifically, we are looking for people who enjoy intriguing conversations on random topics (from why the hell are there so many rabbits in my yard to how do we colonize mars), like to travel, are hot tub friendly, and won't be offended if my clothes fall off (just not a fan of clothes, what can i say ;-). Any insight you can offer as to how we can go about finding this magical person or people would be appreciated! The area we live in is very "Amish" - if that gives you a clue to how hard it is to meet other females who enjoy the feel of another female.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I think your post might be a good personals ad in your attempt to find that person.

if that gives you a clue to how hard it is to meet other females who enjoy the feel of another female.

That sounds very coy and vague. Maybe that is confusing people. Be blunt and open. You are looking for a bisexual or lesbian woman to have a relationship with whilst your husband is away doing 'guy things'?

Now you might have to travel a wee bit but gay/bi poly women are not impossible to find in PA as long as you are not putting unreasonable expectations on them such as 'you must love/sex up my husband too' 'you cannot date other people' 'you must move in with us and share everything'.

Go forth and seek.....

:D

Specifically, we are looking for people who enjoy intriguing conversations on random topics (from why the hell are there so many rabbits in my yard to how do we colonize mars)...and won't be offended if my clothes fall off (just not a fan of clothes, what can i say ;-).

That sounds just about right...too bad I'm in Western PA and only travel East once a year or so.

Natja - I appreciate the feedback and can see your point. I believe what I meant to say is that I'm not uber skilled in how to meet people. When I'm in NYC or some other metro type place I generally have a good idea where to go but that isn't the case around here.

In regards to the "what" I'm looking for: it isn't a sex buddy. It would be great if that was part of the relationship but certainly not the primary focus. For instance I love to do stuff outdoors and would be thrilled to have someone join me. If the evening ended romantically - awesome - if not at least I got to share my day with a special someone.

Hopefully that clarifies it a bit.

Join the free dating site ok cupid. My advice, don't join as a couple. If you, yourself, want a gf, write your profile reflecting that. Answer their Q&As to reflect you are polyamorous.

If your h also wants a gf, he can write a profile and search for a gf for himself.

If you've got the idea, as so many new poly people do, that you and your h can share a gf, think again. Read up here. Do a tag search for "triad," "unicorn," "secondary," and learn about the pitfalls of trying to "share" a woman.

Just a warning from someone who was also a unicorn hunter once upon a time.

Have you looked to see if there are any poly groups in the area? it might mean a little travel, but you may at least meet a few like-minded people that way.

Back