Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 10-15-2010, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathesgirl View Post
I'm glad he didn't require stitches. One of mine did. Their dad, instead of calling me, took them to daycare and asked what he should do. They told him to take him to the ER. He did. I think he was proud of himself that day. I, on the other hand, was livid! He didn't call me! Mom! I'm supposed to be there for that kind of thing!

Any way, give the boy a big hug & kiss, maybe a picture or two for future reference (so he can feel all cool again down the road, lol) and send him off to school so he can wow his friends with how totally cool he is, lol.
ha! the second paragraph is so true... he was all cool until he banged his funny bone on the table today and was yelling about there being blood. He was okay when he found that there was none, but kept the cry on for a bit, just for good measure.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
ha! the second paragraph is so true... he was all cool until he banged his funny bone on the table today and was yelling about there being blood. He was okay when he found that there was none, but kept the cry on for a bit, just for good measure.
OUCH! Hitting the funny bone can take the wind out of anyone's sails!

I'm glad he's ok though.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:

I'm struggling with my NRE again. I am so excited I find it difficult to be interested in PN. I love him and know this will pass, but thought I would mention it.
I find this is happening with me right now as well. I'm having to consiously remind Breathes that I love him & force myself away from the computer where I've usually got Possibility in chat & mostly ignore the chyme from my cell when a text arrives. Really all I have to do is tell Possibility that I'm going to spend some time with Breathes & he's awesome with it.

Quote:
I think it's because he doesn't participate in stuff and this is no different. He is, by nature, very self involved and doesn't notice anything that doesn't directly influence what will happen for him. He never has. I have had to tell him every step of the way what I think and feel so he can be empathetic. It's not that he is unfeeling, just not very good at reading people, and especially me.

With this situation I feel a disconnect because of who he is. I get fed up with always having to be on top of stuff to let him in on and when I have too much going on it slips from me. I am having a huge need to cocoon now that I have my room and I don't feel like keeping him on top of where I am at. I want him to do it... but he doesn't/can't/won't. I know I have to or we just won't stay connected.
Do the two of you have a set date night each week? Ours is Sunday. That's the evening we use to reconnect, talk, play, cuddle, whatever we feel like doing. One night a month we make an effort to actually go out of the house for our dates, too.

Do you have a book or list posted some where where everyone can see it so they will remember what they have to do that day? With how busy you are I'm betting you do. I'm not talking google calendar here (I LOVE google calendar), I'm talking a physical book or paper in a physical place. Maybe on the weekend you could make up a list of things going on for the next week & put it in a place where PN will see it every single day, preferrably at the same time, so he will be reminded that school council is meeting, or he needs to pick up the child from a friend's or that it's your night with Mono, etc. If you need some unexpected alone time you could tell him then leave a reminder on the front door (or where ever he'll see it when he needs you) so he knows that all he has to do is go downstairs or call or what have you.

NRE bites a lot of the time, lol, & not the good kind of bite!

You've had so much going on lately I'm not surprised you have the need to cocoon feeling happening.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:35 PM

Great posts Love. I'll do my best to keep an eye on your NRE. I'm having my own NRE with being closer and knowing you are right there. You can rest assured I will check inwith you and PN lots. Your connection with him is vital to the purity of my connection with you.
Less than two weeks and no more driving across the city at night or itching to get to my own space

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-15-2010, 04:39 PM

Thanks breathesgirl we do a lot of that already. I wrote about it earlier I my blog. I think I am just fed up with the routine. He is a part of that. Even dates can become routine. I just want alone time in my room.

Mono, intend to wrap you in NRE tonight. I can let it alllllll out!
Old 10-15-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Thanks breathesgirl we do a lot of that already. I wrote about it earlier I my blog. I think I am just fed up with the routine. He is a part of that. Even dates can become routine. I just want alone time in my room.

Mono, intend to wrap you in NRE tonight. I can let it alllllll out!
*rubbing hands together*

Ohhh goody goody I've been a good boy but also a bad boy, just so you know

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-15-2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
*rubbing hands together*

Ohhh goody goody I've been a good boy but also a bad boy, just so you know
you guys are adorable!
Old 10-16-2010, 10:39 PM

must remember to write about how I feel about Mono's affair and where we are at now... feeling hurt again today in light of the fact that he has gone to his other families house and they don't acknowledge me.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:54 PM

Quote:
not get out of control with my anger like that. I figured out with his help that I didn't like being cornered, didn't like being approached about stuff that I am uninterested in in the morning and that I really needed him to just empathize. :
Hi Redpepper,

I know this is quoted from an old post but I came across it browsing and realised just how much this is my wife.
However our dynamic is completely different because I don't react the same way PN does. Usually it will be me that triggers off her anger because it is me that is trying to pin her down and corner her about something.
I have learned to tell her that I am going to want to talk about something, but then back completely off the subject and leave it for her to bring back to me in her own time.
It took me years to work that out.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:47 AM

Quote:
must remember to write about how I feel about Mono's affair and where we are at now... feeling hurt again today in light of the fact that he has gone to his other families house and they don't acknowledge me.
It's unfortunate that you can't make people aknowlege and respect your relationship. I know that Mono doesn't pretend that you don't exist while he's with them though. Maybe they'll come around and maybe they won't but you still have an awful lot of people who love you just as you are.

Tags
breaking up, casual sex, coming out to family, communication, family, kids, mono/poly, moving in, poly-fi, vee