Hello from Oregon!

funeral0p0lis

Hi y'all,
I'm a 24 year old female living in Portland. I am a graduate student studying behavioral neuroendocrinology with a focus on reproduction. My husband and I have been married for nearly 5 years and we are just starting to explore polyamory: He's dating someone, and I have one prospective person (fingers crossed). So far so good, though not without bumps in the road of course. I'm looking forward to being a member of this community!

Welcome to the Forum.

My understanding is that there's also a live person community in Portland...I should probably dig up a link or two.

There's also plenty of activity in Seattle too. If you're not already aware of it there's a poly camp NW coming up in August, not too far from Portland.
http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24225

We look forward to hearing more about you.

There are at least 2 meetups in the Portland area (one actually in Portland, the other in Salem, I THINK. No promises there. lol), and a few of the gaming groups have quite a few poly folks, too.

One of the swingers clubs also hosts a poly/open relationships potluck every month (I've never been, but plan to go someday! :) ).

You are in a good city for poly! lol Keith and I have loved the open-mindedness since we moved here.

What made you two decide to explore polyamory?

Hello funeral0p0lis,

I just wanted to add my welcome too. Wow, you are in a highly technical field and way over my head, I'm impressed! It's great that you could join us here, it will give you increased opportunity to avoid and/or smooth out some of those bumps along the way.

Pleased to meet you!
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back