Looking for poly friends in Ventura Co./So Cal

gamerprincess

My boyfriend and I would love to meet like minded poly individuals in our area for friendship, networking and meetups. The nearest poly meetup groups are almost an hour away when you figure in Los Angeles traffic.

We can't find any local groups in our area, and when posting on Craigslist for like minded poly friends, we only get replies from swinger couples that assume we want a weekly or monthly swinger party.

We know there has to be poly people in our area, but they seem almost as elusive as a Unicorn. If there isn't a group out here, we'd also be interested in starting one for those interested in the Santa Barbara and Ventura Areas.

My eyes bulged open when I saw this post. I saw the name of the city and went just laughed! I didnt think that anyone would ever post from Ventura/Oxnard. Oh lord. I'm originally from El Rio, which is basically a suburb of Oxnard, Ventura County. Needless to say, I'm not there any longer. I am stationed in Las Vegas, at Nellis Air Force Base and I'm currently Deployed in Iraq right now :)

Anyways, how long have you lived out there? Do ya like it? I miss home tremendously! Such a beautiful place that close to the ocean. I hope you find some groups out there! Tons of good people in that area.

hi new to this and would love to talk

hi i am in ventura , and just started in a polyamerous relationship, accually last night, we are still trying to work out the details and figure everything out , but i would love to chat online or meet for a cup of coffie or a drink
-Eric

you can email me at [email protected] or on yim at ehooper88

My eyes bulged open when I saw this post. I saw the name of the city and went just laughed! I didnt think that anyone would ever post from Ventura/Oxnard. Oh lord. I'm originally from El Rio, which is basically a suburb of Oxnard, Ventura County. Needless to say, I'm not there any longer. I am stationed in Las Vegas, at Nellis Air Force Base and I'm currently Deployed in Iraq right now :)

Anyways, how long have you lived out there? Do ya like it? I miss home tremendously! Such a beautiful place that close to the ocean. I hope you find some groups out there! Tons of good people in that area.

Hah!!! I know exactly where you are from! So close to us. I certainly hope we find good peeps.. Gonna keep looking and spreading the word :)

I am stationed in Las Vegas, at Nellis Air Force Base and I'm currently Deployed in Iraq right now :)

In realized I didn't respond to this part, sorry!!

I've lived out here for 6 years but have been in Cali for 12 years now. I love it here and would have a hard time moving somewhere else, but we've considered it.

In Iraq right now, huh? I cannot begin to imagine how hard it is to be there doing what you are doing, and so far from home. Were you born and raised here?

Yep, sure was. Born and Raised in El Rio. Lived in the same house my whole life. That is until I went into the military :) I loved it, but I didnt know it at the time. Being in all kinds of different weathers and just missing the coastline out there, I didnt know what I'd be missing. Nowadays, I miss the rain, I miss the all-weather riding that I could do out there and I really miss the ocean. Hoping that someday the wife and I can move back to Cali!

What parts of Socal have you been to? Have you made it down to San Diego yet? I'm certain you've been up and through Thousand Oaks and Malibu by now. Have you gone down to the Strawberry Festival out there? When I was living there, it was free and all of the treats and goodies were free. Nowadays you have to pay a fee because the farming parcels were bought up out of the Farmers hands and sold off to build houses. Real shame, such rich land out there, too bad that it has to be wasted on MORE houses. OH! The Ventura County Fair is coming up, have you gone to that yet?

Yep, sure was. Born and Raised in El Rio. Lived in the same house my whole life. That is until I went into the military :) I loved it, but I didnt know it at the time. Being in all kinds of different weathers and just missing the coastline out there, I didnt know what I'd be missing. Nowadays, I miss the rain, I miss the all-weather riding that I could do out there and I really miss the ocean. Hoping that someday the wife and I can move back to Cali!

What parts of Socal have you been to? Have you made it down to San Diego yet? I'm certain you've been up and through Thousand Oaks and Malibu by now. Have you gone down to the Strawberry Festival out there? When I was living there, it was free and all of the treats and goodies were free. Nowadays you have to pay a fee because the farming parcels were bought up out of the Farmers hands and sold off to build houses. Real shame, such rich land out there, too bad that it has to be wasted on MORE houses. OH! The Ventura County Fair is coming up, have you gone to that yet?

Yeah, it definitely is beautiful here. Having grown up and lived in different parts of the country (Northeast, FL and now CA), I totally appreciate what I have here and where I live, even if it's ridiculously expensive compared to everywhere else in the country.

Speaking of the Strawberry Festival, it's this weekend, starting today :) I've never been in the 6 years I've lived here; and he hasn't in the 26 years he has lived here. I can't believe it used to be free both for entry and treats..They charge $10-15 bucks now for entry and astronomical prices for food and treats inside the festival. As for the fair, yep it is right around the corner and I love the fair. We went 2 years ago for the first time and went last year too. We're trying to make it an annual thing. SO much fun there!

Hopefully you and the wife can move back here too, one of these days. The life here is perfect and something hard to find elsewhere.

My boyfriend and I would love to meet like minded poly individuals in our area for friendship, networking and meetups. The nearest poly meetup groups are almost an hour away when you figure in Los Angeles traffic.

We can't find any local groups in our area, and when posting on Craigslist for like minded poly friends, we only get replies from swinger couples that assume we want a weekly or monthly swinger party.

We know there has to be poly people in our area, but they seem almost as elusive as a Unicorn. If there isn't a group out here, we'd also be interested in starting one for those interested in the Santa Barbara and Ventura Areas.

I used to live in Santa Barbara 5 year ago. Glad to see there are more poly people there now than before!!

Santa Barbara Resident for the past four years

Hi. For four years, I've been a Santa Barbara resident. I'm no stranger to non-monogamy. I'm looking to meet like-minded folk in the area.

Hi, my girlfriend and I are starting to work out the details of a poly relationship, we've been together for about 6 months now and are looking to make friends in the poly community. I have found as well that the poly comm in the Ventura area seems to be a bit scarce, so it is really good to see we are in good company with others. We are in Ventura and have a group of friends who support our lifestyle but are not necessarily into it themselves.

It would be great to meet for a cup o' Joe or cocktail if you are still following up on this post, let me know!

Hi from Santa Barbara

Hi Guys,

We are from Santa Barbara and we are looking for local Poly friends.
It is little frustrating to look for friends like us.
We are glad we find you. Would you want to gat together for a drink?

Danuta @ Jonathan.

Back