The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

1 more sleep till I go home. Totally wiped from this trip and absolutely missing the family.

Google hangouts just aren't the same as touching.. hard to be away from the kids too, they get so excited to see their uncle ..

1 more sleep till I go home. Totally wiped from this trip and absolutely missing the family.

Google hangouts just aren't the same as touching.. hard to be away from the kids too, they get so excited to see their uncle ..

Tired. Caught a bug this week from the grandsons and it's really wearing me down!
Relationships are all good.
School is going well. First paper is due this coming Tuesday. Lots of tutoring to be done for statistics class-which I find I am greatly enjoying!

Sweet Pea is coming into town today to work on Alaska Studies (one of his required classes this semester) in the campus library with me (because there are TONS of photos and art pieces and other representative things for the history of Alaska kept in the library). I am looking forward to that as well. I enjoy working with him on school. :)

Home and settled. Finally. Been buried up to my eyeballs in legalese for a series of policy changes I need to implement. Damn public companies so much easier when you don't have public owners.

Now the weekend and it is raining haha.. go figure its BC. Time to pick through the garden and relax with the family. I really am looking forward to December when I stop travelling for a while and my baby comes. Next set of trips are all out to Pittsburgh which will be longer and further away. But its my favorite part of my job, acquisitions. :)

Looking forward to spending a couple of nights at the home of an old friend I haven't seen in a few years. Two-hour bus trip, two nights staying at her place, another two-hour bus trip back to the city, and then back to work!

Much needed break in the middle of the week. Yay!

I was very grumpy and snappish the last week, I'm thinking it was because I wasn't calming my mind and I also was holding back from doing any physical activity because I hurt myself and I never rested and healed properly until now, so sorry to everyone who experienced my snappish mood :( , I really don't like it when I'm mean to people because it always tears me up inside afterwards.~

I'm all healed now and back to working out physically, so I'm happy as rain!~ ^_^

I love you all *tears up* so much, I never want any one to think I am the grouch that no one can talk or open up around, I'm so sorry to every one!~ ;(

^_^

Peace, happyness, and loving vibes to all of you!~ ^_^

^_^

ColorsWolf

Had a nice camping weekend (despite the rain and a leaky tent), and got to watch some GREAT Heavy Athletics and hear some great bands at the local Highland Games (Bonus: men in kilts, and hearing some sexy Scottish Brogue as well). P picked up a new kilt. I picked up a cold. Hm.

Oh, and I tried haggis. And liked it. A lot.
Looking up recipes only made me go, "Hm... where can I find that around here?" instead of making me want to throw up a little. I think I'm hooked.

Anyway, the cold is starting to improve. Cat just horked up on the rug. Twice. Yep, back to the grind.

Looks like it's just N for me for the time being. what looked like a great situation on paper didn't work out unfortunately.

I'm sorry to read that Inyourendo, I hope every thing works for the best how you want it.~ :) ^_^

Happiness and great tidings your way,

ColorsWolf

Things are looking up! Got a promotion and big raise this week, and my divorce is moving forward to being finalized (thought that won't happen til after the end of the year). Yes, the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer.

That must be a relief. Congrats on the promotion!

Things are looking up! Got a promotion and big raise this week, and my divorce is moving forward to being finalized (thought that won't happen til after the end of the year). Yes, the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer.

Congrats! I am really happy for you. :D

Basement is gutted in the affected areas - just needs some time with the Shop-Vac, and then it's time to fog the mold out. I'll be glad to be able to use the basement again without cringing.

About damn time. :D

And, as an aside, who the hell frames in an enclosure (in wood and drywall) around the sump pump? Gee, ya think that area might, ya know, GET WET ONCE IN A WHILE?

At least the framing was easy to remove. Yuck.

Having a nice quiet evening in with my boys... Who I call Moose and Squirrel.... at Murf's house. Murf is working tonight a half shift. Damn adult responsibilities. But he has a truck payment that we didn't have before so he is picking up some overtime here and there.

He is only working a half shift so he will be coming home to me at Midnight. :D

Tomorrow car show time with the 1972 Camaro.

I'm doing...alright. I blew my knee out several weeks back and I'm finally walking, albeit with pain, without a brace/support. As long as I remember to take my Motrin I'm okay. I had to miss 2 weeks of work, which hurt financially.

On a poly note, I met someone at a local gathering. She and I are getting along smashingly. She's smart, kinda geeky/nerdy, already poly. Downside is that I met her when she's having trouble with her boyfriend. I don't want to press because, honestly, I don't want to look like I'm trying to take advantage of her troubles. It's both wonderful and frustrating.

And, as an aside, who the hell frames in an enclosure (in wood and drywall) around the sump pump? Gee, ya think that area might, ya know, GET WET ONCE IN A WHILE?

They make moisture resistant drywall. It's what should be in your bathroom if your house was built in the past few years.

Had a shitty 2 weeks, with my ex calling social sevices because 1 - missed doing 1 homework assignment with my boy, 2 - i thought a video on utbe showing a dog trying to hump a clothed woman was funny, but when he showed it to her, she was shocked and horrified. Theyve interviewed all 3 of us and are hopfully closing the case, but its put a strain on me, and on my new, beautiful relationship.

Runic Wolf took me out for a wonderful pre-birthday dinner on Friday and we had an awesome time experimenting with wax play after we got home. Such amazing stress relief. Today I'm a little stressed out due to lack of caffeine and the ever growing dissatisfaction with my job which has lead to this round of resume re-writes and applications. My neck is tense and my back hurts, but soon Runic Wolf will be back with some corn/ gluten free caffeine for me. :)

They make moisture resistant drywall. It's what should be in your bathroom if your house was built in the past few years.

They do. Too bad the previous owners didn't use any of it in the cellar (although with the amount of moisture that was trapped there, it may not have done any good after a while).

Wooden studs that were on the concrete floor around the sump pump were rotted (blackened and softened to the point where I could just kick them out to remove them), and the remaining drywall had gotten mold blooms on it. Insulation was a blackened nightmare. Yuck.

Electrical got cleared up as well, after P griped about what a hack job it was (maybe a DIY job from someone who knew just enough, but didn't know code). Wiring is much neater down there and we've gone from five separately switched lighting areas to two. Whee!

Cellar is now completely gutted after finding more mold in a corner we thought was unaffected. I guess there is no "unaffected" when it comes to a moldy cellar. Silly me. The Shop-Vac got a workout vacuuming up all the crud, and now the dehumidifier is running, getting the basement down to 20% humidity or less so we can spray concrobium and kill the mold dead once and for all.

I even bought the goggles, gloves, shoe covers, and plastic suits that go over your clothes. All out mold killing frenzy. I'm inclined to post pics. :D

Back