Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 10-25-2018, 02:31 PM

Harry and I chat every day, and it's nice. We even sent each other pix of ourselves and friends and relatives yesterday.

I found out a couple days ago he has another woman he's been dating since the summer. I've been telling him how I'm dating, but it was the first I'd heard of her. The only problem with that is, he said he's been seeing her 2 or 3 times a month. But he can't do a 2nd date with me until Nov 7, which will have been 3 weeks since our first date. So we talked about scheduling. He said he could "cut other things" rather than cut her time, to see me. But now, his November is filling up with job stuff, and becoming busier than he expected. Argh.

Now that I know she's in the picture, and he's so busy with his job (he has been in another state now since Sunday) and the volunteer work he's done for ages, plus I'm sure he's got divorce type things to do, and eventually househunting and moving... this is going to take some patience to work out.

I'm kind of a hedonist, and with my high sex drive, I prefer a guy I can see once a week at minimum. My last 3 long term bfs lived so close I saw them 2 or 3 times a WEEK.

Well, it's early days yet. He has said he finds me "fascinating," and that I have a "great story," and he's really enjoying getting to know me. And he's sexually attracted to me, obviously.

Now I've got this 3rd poly guy from OKC messaging me. I'll call him Bermuda just because he just got back from a vacation there. He's got a gf of 4 years that he met on OKC. When he got back from vacation he wrote me a long PM. He seems quite nice. He doesn't live wicked close either, 20 miles, more in the Boston area.

I haven't heard from Ravi since our last date, 6 days ago. Maybe he's not really feeling it either, like me. Maybe he's pursuing others. Which would be good.

So, if these 3 prospects can only see me once, maybe twice a month? That adds up to one boyfriend lol. Now if I can just keep everyone's stories straight...
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 63), dating... again!
Pixi (poly, F, 41) my darling nesting partner since January 2009
Master, (mono, M, 37), Pixi's Dom/bf since April 2013
Old 10-25-2018, 02:55 PM

I went to OKC to write back to Bermuda and when I finished, I was checking Double Take, where new messages come in now.

A guy, 38, 63% match, goes:

"hey there how are you do you want to talk"

Really, Sir? You're 38 and don't know how to punctuate sentences? Good grief.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Old 10-25-2018, 03:00 PM

And another winner! Age 46.

"Hi sexy I think you're hot, and you have really nice tits"

Old 11-06-2018, 10:23 AM

I haven't had a date with a man lately. My own fault, because I came down with an intense cold a week ago. So I got sick on the Monday. I was supposed to meet Bermuda for our first date on that Thursday, but I had to cancel.

I finally heard from Ravi too, I think on last Tuesday. He'd had the "flu" for a week but was feeling better. He recommended fresh ginger tea with lemon and molasses. He's a kind man. So it does seem he wants to keep seeing me. He probably would've asked me out if I'd been well. I don't feel attracted to him but Pixi says I should keep the friendship at least. He is nice...

And I didn't make ginger tea, but Pixi and I made a home made chicken soup last Wednesday, with fresh grated ginger in it, barley, alphabet noodles, carrots, turmeric, garlic, herbs. It was delicious, and, amazingly, I felt so much better the following day! It was quite a turnaround. I'd been taking Nyquil and Dayquil on last Tuesday and Wednesday, but after the soup, on Thursday, I didn't need to take cold meds anymore! I'd been drinking a lot of miso soup the previous week (before getting sick) also. Plus I do take multivitamins, which contain probiotics and green powder, plus also Vit D, fish oil, and a B complex. Maybe all that really did arm my immune system.

I had to hand out candy on the Tuesday to our trick or treaters. It was an effort, but the kids were so cute. We had about 50 kids. A good number, not too little, not too many.

BigGuy had some kind of training/education/class for work from last Thursday through... today I think. He'd been preparing for it beforehand. Busy busy. I guess this coming weekend is his weekend with his kids (shared custody). So there's no 4th date set with him.

And Harry of course, has been on a very long 3 state business trip. Our daily chats ended while he was away; he only kept in touch sporadically. It sounded like he barely had a day off, and often had business dinners and drinks in the evenings as well! I guess he thrives on the constant whirl. He did text me yesterday to say he was still looking forward to our coming date this week (Wednesday), so, tomorrow. Then I tried to chat with him a little, since he is now home, but he didn't continue the conversation. Hmph. Maybe he's catching up with that woman he mentioned. And I come next.

All these relationships are getting off to such a slow start! Slow and steady wins the race, I guess? I prefer though, when a man actually has time and a sincere desire to see me often enough to get something off the ground! This isn't my style. Also, I get stirred up sexually by a date, and then the guys disappear, and my libido is frustrated! Now that I haven't seen any of the men in a couple weeks, my libido has quieted down, feels managable, not that NRE super high push. And my good sexual energy is directed towards Pixi in a deeply loving and fun way.

Yet I'll have a date with Harry tomorrow, and probably do dinner and have him back here for more talking and some kissing. And I'll get stirred up again, and he'll likely disappear again for who knows how long. Ugh. Oh well, fingers crossed and trying to be patient.

So that's my main dilemma with dating now. I need to text Bermuda and Ravi and tell them I am mostly over my cold, and see if they want to schedule me in again.

Otherwise, besides having the cold, my life is fun. I've slacked off on the gym however. I was all set to go to a 5:00 water exercise class yesterday, but I was tired by 2pm, so I took a nap thinking I'd be up and ready to go in time, but slept til just 5, too late to get to the gym! I guess my body needed the rest more than the exercise. I can't expect to be all better after just one week.

Pixi has been around a lot. We have great quality time, cuddling, watching our shows and movies, talking a lot, reading our books and discussing them, having regular yummy sex, saying "I love you" a lot, doing home projects and hobbies. I think I will ask her to go out to dinner tonight. She was envious when I had those dinner dates with Ravi and BigGuy and Harry. Maybe burgers, maybe Asian?

We voted early, last week, at City Hall. So good to get it out of the way. Today is official voting day for the mid terms. I can't even think about results. Of course I hope thousands of female Democrats fill government seats, especially Congress. Our world of politics with that asshole in chief spouting off his toxic nonsense every day is too incredibly painful. Inspiring that guy sending bombs and the other guy actually shooting up a synagogue. Disgusting. I never thought I'd see the day when a guy who wants to be a dictator was our President. Fucking sucks.

Sometimes I wish I was a scientist on a distant island studying marine life. Or on an archeological dig. Somewhere far from the US and its stupid insulting political shitshow.