Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Dating & Friendships > North America

Notices

Old 06-26-2018, 05:50 PM

Default 25 y/o straight male, newly poly relationship w/ partner, east coast

Hello! Im currently in a newly poly relationship with my partner of 6 years. Ive been mono for my entire life and never thought i could even entertain an idea like this. I really did not want to share, its becoming a lot easier (i love seeing my partner happy), and i really like the idea of having more than one emotional partner.

She has found a female love interest that may or may not work out with me as well unfortunately, which sucks .. I'm looking for support from anyone. Ive found these forums to be helpful so I figured there would be no harm in posting here.

Im very nterested in meeting poly friends and developing relationships, i have very little amount of support to tall to. Anyone please feel free to message

Last edited by tryingtobecontent; 06-26-2018 at 05:53 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:09 PM

Are you looking for men, women, or both? Hang in there friend!
Old 07-11-2018, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingtobecontent View Post
Hello! Im currently in a newly poly relationship with my partner of 6 years. Ive been mono for my entire life and never thought i could even entertain an idea like this. I really did not want to share, its becoming a lot easier (i love seeing my partner happy), and i really like the idea of having more than one emotional partner.

She has found a female love interest that may or may not work out with me as well unfortunately, which sucks .. I'm looking for support from anyone. Ive found these forums to be helpful so I figured there would be no harm in posting here.

Im very nterested in meeting poly friends and developing relationships, i have very little amount of support to tall to. Anyone please feel free to message
To be honest, this section is pretty dead. The admin designed it as a place to put "personals" type ads, usually from couples seeking a hot bi babe unicorn. These women really don't exist in polyamory. You thought you might get a "girl to share" with your gf, but you see that didn't work.

The huge majority of poly couples date separately. If you want a gf of your own, I recommend OK Cupid.

If you want to make friends, read and post around this board, start a thread on the Relationships section, start a blog. You could even just repost this thread there, to get more responses.

You can also seek polyamory real life friend/support groups over on the site Fetlife.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 63), dating... again!
Pixi (poly, F, 41) my darling nesting partner since January 2009
Master, (mono, M, 37), Pixi's Dom/bf since April 2013
Old 07-12-2018, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
.... usually from couples seeking a hot bi babe unicorn. These women really don't exist in polyamory.
Well, that's a bit of an overstatement or exaggeration. Actual unicorns of the mythical one-horned horse variety don't really exist in this world. Just ask Shel Silverstein, the world's foremost expert on unicorns of this type. But the supposedly mythical unicorn of the polyamorous variety is, rather, merely rare -- not non-existant. Folks are properly warned not to put one's hopes on finding one. That's all.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:23 AM

Default Q

By one account, a unicorn ...

" ...is a young, single, non-crazy, sexually adventurous, drug and disease-free bisexual female who wants desperately to live with and love a male/female couple. She should be well educated, gainfully employed yet willing to move all the way across the country for her “dream family”, want to make kids and/or help raise someone else’s, and in a perfect world, has red hair/big breasts/whatever the fantasy ideal of the couple is. In a large number of cases, she should be skinny, or at least “healthy”, and if she could be submissive, that’s a big plus. And of course she must love both members of the primary couple equally, and she will always be secondary." (from - https://goodmenproject.com/sex-relat...usive-unicorn/ )

That's a lot to ask of a purebread white fantasy flying horse (which poops Skittles, by legend) with wings! I mean, c'mon! A secondary! Sheesh. If she's all that!?!
Old 07-12-2018, 01:46 AM
Stealth Mod

Default Moderator note

This is your regularly scheduled reminder that you should not post in threads in this section unless you wish to date or befriend the OP.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm View Post
This is your regularly scheduled reminder that you should not post in threads in this section unless you wish to date or befriend the OP.
Yes.

He asked for support and friends. I'm just being friendly and trying to be informative and educational. I was once a unicorn hunter myself when I was a newbie. Wish I'd had friends to warn me back then!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 63), dating... again!
Pixi (poly, F, 41) my darling nesting partner since January 2009
Master, (mono, M, 37), Pixi's Dom/bf since April 2013