Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old Yesterday, 03:59 AM

As promised, here is my trencher unit I just finished painting. This is the first unit I have ever painted, and there are a zillion things wrong with them, but I love them lots anyway, because I did it. They are meant to look dark, and dirty, because, well, they fight in the trenches.

My husband, PunkRockAwesomeSauce, does painting on commission. In comparison (there is none), this is a piece he just completed for a mutual friend - a trollblood.

Me, Central Hub in a Y shape (38F)
Wife to DarkKnight (40M) & PunkRockAwesomesauce (42M)
Girlfriend to WarMan (40M) - Monkey is his long time friend

Last edited by nycindie; Yesterday at 06:56 PM. Reason: corrected which husband at OP's request!
Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM

Uh, yeah, that should have read that my husband PunkRock does commissions, but I can't go back and change it at this point. If a mod sees this and would like to help me out, yay! but I am not going to stress it. DarkKnight can't paint. lol

Today has been interesting. I woke up and played some Skyrim, and then I have been administering a practice ASVAB test to my youngest. She's pretty frustrated at how much information she has forgotten. She did ok on science, but she was pissed that she SHOULD know things and didn't. The arithmetic word problems she did about half and gave up, though the ones she actually completed were fine. She couldn't remember how to set up the problem, so she couldn't answer it. The next session was word knowledge, which we just straight up skipped. She has been trying to learn vocabulary since she came home to me and we spent years, and it just doesn't happen. Her brain disorder is a bitch. Unfortunately, it's a required section for the MOS she wants in the National Guard, so we are going to try and work on roots again. I am not optimistic.

The paragraph comprehension section she burned out on. Frankly, reading some of them made me tired, so I am sure her brain isn't happy. She gets main idea, so mostly it will be helping her to power through this in the time allotted. Honestly, she surprised me when it came to the timing on things - she was extremely stressed when I told her I would be timing her, but she finished the science section well before she had to be done, and I am sure it would have been faster if she had a review ahead of time.

So far I have a good grip on what I need to give her refresher information on, and I am not worried about the science or math, or the automotive and electrical knowledge sections. It's just a matter of re-introducing the subjects to her. The language arts portions though - that's her disability. It's going to be difficult for the both of us.

However, as a whole, I am positive she will pass.

Old Yesterday, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
Uh, yeah, that should have read that my husband PunkRock does commissions, but I can't go back and change it at this point. If a mod sees this and would like to help me out, yay!
Done! Only I put PunkRock's full alias instead of abbreviating it to PunkRock, 'cause it's just so cool! Hope that's okay!

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

Click here for a Solo Poly view on hierarchical relationships
Click here to find out why the Polyamorous Misanthrope is feeling disgusted.
Old Yesterday, 09:41 PM

Haha! Yes, thank you muchly!

Tags
cohabitation, finances, living situations, living together, married and polyamorous, married and polyandrous, multiple husbands, multiple partners, multiple primaries, need vs. want, negotiating boundaries, out as poly, polyandry, polygamy, shared space, sharing resources, vee dynamics