A cute co worker good or bad idea?

soleilselene

Well a little info first. I'm in an open marriage because my husband won't ha e sex with me. I have permission to find someone that can help me satisfy my needs. Well there is a new coworker at my job. He was incredibly nice to me (it might just be his personality) buy every time I see him he kinda goes out of his way to talk to me. I think he is really cute. Don't know much about him.

Yes I know the best thing would be to start slow and the see what happens. But my question would be, is this a good or bad idea? Mainly becuse we work together. Just wondering if anyone had some experience in something similar. Thanks

Well... does where you work have a policy on coworker dating?

Clearly it would be not cool if either of you is the other one's boss type person.

If you have a larger company it could be in your employee handbook and if you work in totally far apart departments that could be ok.

If a smaller, more casual working environment, it may not have any resources mapped out, and you guys may be too tight in the same office space.

For myself, I wouldn't bother to date a coworker -- just gets messy. But that's a personal policy, not a company policy.

GG

Well a little info first. I'm in an open marriage because my husband won't ha e sex with me. I have permission to find someone that can help me satisfy my needs. Well there is a new coworker at my job. He was incredibly nice to me (it might just be his personality) buy every time I see him he kinda goes out of his way to talk to me. I think he is really cute. Don't know much about him.

Yes I know the best thing would be to start slow and the see what happens. But my question would be, is this a good or bad idea? Mainly becuse we work together. Just wondering if anyone had some experience in something similar. Thanks
Fishing off the company pier is a baaad idea.

I ignored that advice and got into it with a coworker that I still see on a near daily basis. It ended poorly but we still have to tolerate being around each other and its turned into some bad medicine.

I'm usually the first to tell people trying to finger-wag me out of a bad idea to go fuck themselves, I mean the sex with the aforementioned coworker was absolutely world-rocking, but just be ready with a back-up plan if it goes south.

Oh and your co-workers WILL find out. I dont care how good you are at hiding it, they WILL find out. Mine didnt only because the relationship was very short-lived.

I agree with GalaGirl. If he is just a friendly guy not interested in romantic relationship or if the relationship breaks up in future it can get messy.

But again it all depends on you and him. If he is a nice gentleman and if things don't work he might just rollback and do nothing.

Again, he may be the right person for you.

Bottom line, you have to think judge and measure everything. You have to consider all of the "what if"s...

I know few people who have found their partners in their places of work. :)

Yes, I figured it would not be a good idea. I would hate it for others to know about it.

Back