OKC in the house?

I signed up a few weeks ago. Same name as here - Andy4700- but really haven't added much info..... Looks great if you're single and wanna date/meet folks... but have any of you other guys had luck meeting women that are interested in secondary relationships?

I'm having doubts.... I need a tale of encouragement. ;)

I am... but I think you're too far away from me :p

only 1500 miles according to OKC... haha

It is so nice knowing that there are women out there that can find enjoyment/happiness in a secondary relationship though. :) It just makes me feel better somehow. :)

I just joined OKC recently. Robeau over there. It's very interesting! My friend suggested it, actually. I knew little about it before then.

hi! i was on OKC prior to getting into my current primary relationship and still have a profile. feel free to stop by!

username- lolbunny

I don't remember now if I mentioned -- I was on OKC but deleted my profile a couple of months ago. I've gotten into a wonderful primary relationship and for someone like me it's too easy to spend a lot of time playing around online. Plus once I started with LJ I decided to send my subconscious a message: "stop looking for possibilities and explore this wonderful woman instead."

But based on my experience OKC is most successful for guys if they use it well -- that is, write an honest and fun-to-read profile, do some journaling (unlike in your profile, in the journal you can post pics of your vacation or pets or whatever) and also comment on other peoples' journal entries, use the chat feature.

In other words, it seems to work best to be visible, to put yourself out there as an active and interesting member of the OKC community. I had a lot of fun and chatted with some wonderful women, a few of whom I still talk to now and then.

Things women in particular should know: you can block both messages and chat from specific users. There are some men who are offensive idiots and you can and should block such people the very instant they bother you. There are also scammers, both male and female, who will appear very attractive but who will end up asking you for money under various pretexts.

Overall it was a really positive experience for me, though. Have fun!

I don't remember now if I mentioned -- I was on OKC but deleted my profile a couple of months ago. I've gotten into a wonderful primary relationship and for someone like me it's too easy to spend a lot of time playing around online. Plus once I started with LJ I decided to send my subconscious a message: "stop looking for possibilities and explore this wonderful woman instead."

But based on my experience OKC is most successful for guys if they use it well -- that is, write an honest and fun-to-read profile, do some journaling (unlike in your profile, in the journal you can post pics of your vacation or pets or whatever) and also comment on other peoples' journal entries, use the chat feature.

In other words, it seems to work best to be visible, to put yourself out there as an active and interesting member of the OKC community. I had a lot of fun and chatted with some wonderful women, a few of whom I still talk to now and then.

Things women in particular should know: you can block both messages and chat from specific users. There are some men who are offensive idiots and you can and should block such people the very instant they bother you. There are also scammers, both male and female, who will appear very attractive but who will end up asking you for money under various pretexts.

Overall it was a really positive experience for me, though. Have fun!

this is really good advice... in a relationship that has potential, get off the dating sites. trouble is that for some people it becomes a way of life, because they have been at it so long.

i like your hints for men... so true. How to get our attention as women? stand out! be positive, present on the site, cheery and have fun!

Having a go at this OKCupid lark... on as MrDreadful (natch).

Thinking of writing them a letter:
Dear OKCupid,

Hot bi babes who are apparently only interested in casual sex with hot bi babes are not suitable matches.

No love,
Mr. Dreadful.

Back