Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 09-02-2015, 07:19 PM
Spaminator

Did anyone mention Two Girls and a Guy? It stars Robert Downey Jr, Heather Graham and Natasha Gregson Wagner.

Not exactly poly but I believe it has some aspects that poly people would appreciate. Two women meet in front of Downey's loft and soon realize he is seeing both of them. The entire movie is the three of them trying to hash things out. It is interesting in that most of the film is in one location and done in real time.
Old 10-30-2015, 05:26 AM

A Dangerous Method (2011) - I wasn't expecting much from it, but it pleasantly surprised me with how much it resonated with me.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:20 PM
Official Greeter

Sounds interesting (I took a quick look at the Wikipedia article on it), I'll have to check it out.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:45 AM

My current favorites are "Three" (which someone mentioned) and "Angels of Sex" (which is available on Netflix streaming).

I also enjoyed the YouTube series "Family".
Old 04-12-2016, 06:59 AM
Banned

Still have Design for Living (1933!!) high on the list.
Quote:
In Paris, two Americans, playwright Tom Chambers and artist George Curtis, both fall in love with Gilda, an American commercial artist. She cannot make up her mind which man she loves, so the three decide to live together platonically. At first, the three are friends, but as time goes by, the two men become more competitive. Gilda decides to end the dispute by marrying her employer, Max Plunkett, but finds the marriage dull and stifling. After Tom and George crash a party at the Plunkett mansion, Gilda returns to the two men, and Max agrees to a divorce.
But the original play is a little edgier (the mens' names were Otto, Leo, & Ernest):
Quote:
Otto and Leo explain to an incredulous and incandescent Ernest that Gilda's formal status as his wife is irrelevant. She slowly realises that the attraction the two exert for her is irresistible. As Ernest rushes out denouncing their "disgusting three-sided erotic hotch-potch," Gilda, Otto and Leo fall together on a sofa in gales of laughter.
Noel Coward said, "I'm told that there are three of my original lines left in the film."

I've looked at a few lists of supposedly "poly" films, & it's dismaying how many are focused on affairs, or Mormonism, or competition for "the prize," or titillating bisexuality.

The movie that I wish could be made? A biopic of Dr William Marston, the guy who created Wonder Woman, with much input from his wife & their partner. Cancer took Marston in 1947.
Quote:
After his death, Elizabeth and Olive continued to live together until Olive's death in the late 1980s; Elizabeth died in 1993, aged 100.

Tags
movies