Help with Polyamory

Amopuellae

Hello there!
Here is Amopuellae (or short Amo)
I recently read about polyamory and I keep thinking about it.
I would like a relationship with two other woman (I am a lesbian)
A Triad would be very nice
I already know that Polyamory is about trust, truth, and love. All attributes are exactly that, what I look for in a relationship. Not the normal, heteronormative two people relationship.
But my problem is, I am super single, I have no idea how to find two loving partners, as I dont even have one
I am highly frustrated, because in my area OR on dating sites/apps there are zero options for me.
How did you find your partners? Do you have any tips? I am thinking of visiting London next year, maybe I can find someone there.
My dream would be, to find a couple, that looks for her third partner.
I do not talk about physical contact, not a threesome, nothing.
I am really just looking for a loving Triad.

So maybe that was a bit much. I just had to write that down.
Thank you for reading, and thank you in advance for your answer

Amo~:)

Even though your ultimate goal is to have a triad, I would recommend trying to find *one* partner first. Finding two partners at the same time who are both attracted to you and both of whom you're attracted to can be difficult. Couples who try to find "a third," or a single person who tries to find a couple to "join," often run into difficulties because the "third" isn't as attracted to one member of the couple as to the other.

You say you'll be visiting London and hope to find someone there. What's preventing you from finding someone where you actually live? Why would London be different from the place you currently live in? And if you live a distance away from London, what would be the point of finding someone there who you might only be able to see once or twice a year, if that?

Hello Amo,

Can I ask, have you tried OKCupid? It is poly friendly. Another thing to do is to look around for (a) local poly group/s in your area. Here are some links that could help:

I encourage you to continue reading about poly, this forum is always a great place to start. Keep reading and keep posting too! :) Hopefully what's been posted so far is of help to you.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Even though your ultimate goal is to have a triad, I would recommend trying to find *one* partner first. Finding two partners at the same time who are both attracted to you and both of whom you're attracted to can be difficult. Couples who try to find "a third," or a single person who tries to find a couple to "join," often run into difficulties because the "third" isn't as attracted to one member of the couple as to the other.

Hi, thank you for your reply. I do not quite get the "Find one partner" and "Couples want a third doesnt really work out" part. I can imagine that this is difficult. I'd guess its best to be friends for a little while and then engage in any relationship. :confused:

You say you'll be visiting London and hope to find someone there. What's preventing you from finding someone where you actually live? Why would London be different from the place you currently live in? And if you live a distance away from London, what would be the point of finding someone there who you might only be able to see once or twice a year, if that?

Well, you cannot know that, because you dont live here. But the number of lesbians in my area fits in a nutshell. And I dont want to stay in this country, I would like to move to england or sweden. And I'd guess, there are more single people in London, than in this area (here are like 100.00 people in 100 km reach) Thats why I thought about that :D

Hello Amo,

Can I ask, have you tried OKCupid? It is poly friendly. Another thing to do is to look around for (a) local poly group/s in your area. Here are some links that could help:

I encourage you to continue reading about poly, this forum is always a great place to start. Keep reading and keep posting too! :) Hopefully what's been posted so far is of help to you.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Hi, I am currently registered at PinkCupid, but I'll give OKCupid a try, thank you!
And also thank you a lot for those links! I will take a look at them tomorrow :p
Thanks for your help!~

Glad to be of help.

Back