poly - interested (I think)

Rayne

Good morning,

I have been pondering polyamory for awhile but to chicken to bring it up to the man I have been with for over 10 years. :eek: I am hoping this site will give me more information about this lifestyle as I can't say I know a whole lot about it. So before I bring it up I may want to learn some things and maybe somewhere there are threads on how others have broached this subject with their significant other. And I really have no idea what else yo say. ..so I will move along and go read. If anyone has any thoughts, suggestins or advice I'd be willing to hear it! :)

Hello and welcome!

This forum is a good place to be in if you want to learn more about polyamory. It is a good idea to gather more information since you do have some sort of interest. My advice would be to first educate yourself about the variety of ways to "be poly". Even on this forum there is no consensus about what polyamory is and what it is not... We all live our lives our own way, and "my poly is not your poly".

There are dozens of threads about how to broach the subject with your significant other... The search function is your friend!

Feel free to post your thoughts and questions that arise from all the reading!

Greetings Rayne,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

There is a good post about telling someone close to you about poly:

http://polyamoryonline.org/smf/index.php?topic=1599.msg9230#msg9230

You are certainly wise by starting with learning as much about poly as you can, ahead of time. This way when you broach the subject with the man you're partnered with, you'll be able to answer many of his questions.

You'll even want to make certain in your own mind that poly is indeed something you want to pursue. The Life stories and blogs board would probably help you with that. It will give you a snapshot of what poly looks like in other people's lives, and it will give you opportunity to journal your own thoughts along the way.

Do as Nadya suggested to and do lots of searches, advanced searches, and tag searches. Find out what threads call to you, and what thoughts/questions they'll inspire you to post.

Good luck with pondering this new and innovative model of loving people!
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back