dazed and confused life of maca

I just got a chance to catch up on the posts on this thread. I believe GG and I will have to have a talk tonite. Im not going to get into defending myself on the board or pointing out incorrect statments.

Ill leave it up to GG to think on what he has posted as to what/why/ how I do things in my life or with my feelings and heart.

You know-I think it's a GOOD idea for you two talk.

But I think it's a shitty idea to not respond and correspond in regards to the rest of the topic.

As Mono said-and I repeated-you two NEED lay it out on the line and move forward.

You don't need to DEFEND yourself-but you've seen yourself how much it can help if both people lay out the facts AS THEY SEE THEM on one thread-and let everyone else put in some other perspectives. It helps BOTH people to see the bigger picture.

IF you choose NOT to talk-then the responses are going to all end up onesided-because they only HAVE one side to help. And that isn't yours.
Just like we talked about on our walk-if you want help finding answers-you have to SHARE the problem.

I have attempted numerous times to really try and be friends with Maca. There are a few reasons it fails. One is that I don't "chase him down". I'm not an aggressive person, LR can attest to that. I show myself or my intentions or desires, even needs, and if no one ( or said person) responds to it, I drop it.

I've done what I can to show Maca that I want a closer relationship with him. I'm sure could do more, and will keep trying. But it's obvious to me that he doesn't WANT it. And I don't want to "force" myself on him to be friends. I wouldn't want that either if it were the other way around.

Im sure we both would admitt that the only time that an attempt is made to be " friends" is when LR has a shit fit about the fact that we are not friends.I havent allowed myself to trust your intentions. Ive known from the time of the affair that you want to be " with LR " enough so that you were willing to risk breaking up our marriage. So when you extend an invitation to be friends and it happens when LR is throughing a fit about us not being friends, is it really you wanting to be frineds or our you jus trying to keep her happy?

We have just spent the last few months dealing with the fact that you dont do anything for you. You do it because someone else wants you to do it. SO why would I believe that you want to be friends? You dont make it easy to believe that it is "YOU" thats wants a friendship. At least I have the balls to say that Im not sure that I want a deep friendship with you. I dont even know who you are , YOU dont even know who you are.

I'm the only one in their entire marriage that supported them staying together and working through all the problems and issues.

This is very true. He knows and knew then that LR wouldnt leave me for him.

But I don't trust him. I don't trust him to have the family as a whole's best interest in mind. I don't trust him when he says he wants to do things that involve me either with the kids or the family, or the three of us. His attitude says differently..

Im a protector I dont trust those that dont protect LR or my kids from there friends or family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully both you and GG will be here in the summer Maca. Bonfires and beer have a way of bonding people...if all else fails I'm seriously gonna get Redpepper to go Mistress on both your asses :mad:

Just to clarify...that's "non-sexual Mistress"...all the pain but none of the drain if you get my meaning ;)

And when I open up to him, he might listen, but it stops there. He's a very caring person and will give you the shirt off his back. But 99% of the time, he's doing it for himself. He's doing it because doing it will get him something he wants later.

Seriously??? I was caring enough for LR and my family and for your feelings when I said I would stay and work on understanding Poly and understanding why/ how LR can love more then one. SO I could get what? Laid? Money?Security? What did I get? I can get laid. I make enough money. Im less secure being in a new dynamic ( that I swore I would never be in). I knew the night I said I would try that you were not going to leave. So what the hell was I trying to get out of the biggest and hardest decision I have ever made?

I suppose I have only myself to blame because I did hurt him and I did bold face lie to him, and I did break any amount of trust there may have been.

But I also believe that somewhere deep down, he really does want this to work. We've had some monments that were... pretty deep moments, heartfelt. I'm talking about the REAL stuff. So I know it's there in him. That's the real him. But he doesn't want me to hurt him again, so he refuses to let it out continuously with me.

Its very hard for me to believe in you GG.

I WANT so bad to give him the benefit of the doubt, but honestly, I don't think he even knows what he really wants, or else he just won't admit it to himself. And I can't break through that.

I know what I want GG. My issue is not in knowing what I want but in knowing how to get it. I still have to build a trust in you, I still have insecurities and jealousy that I have to deal with.
I have asked you several times in the last month what it is you want in this dynamic. What it is that you see as the goal. What your needs are. Have you given me anything to work with?

Will we ever be best friends? Maybe but not likely.

Agreed

Will we ever be able to trust eachother? I think so, as long as we both decide to stop letting fear control us.

Again I agree

Can we function as a whole unit? Yes, I believe so, but not unless it's what we each want. I want it, LR wants it, Maca does not. (or refuses to admit to himself that he does)

GG- If I didnt WANT us to function as a unit why would I promote movie cuddle time? Why would I buy a ring and a card for LR and then offer you a chance to put your name on it and give it to her WITH me for V-Day?Why would I stand up to the nurse at the hosp when she wasnt going to let you go back to see LR with me after her surgery?Why would I offer going to YOUR siblings house( who hate LR) with you to back you up? Those things may mean nothing to you but they are major to me.

I've never known Maca to be a quitter, but I really hope he can see what is best for himself. Whatever it is. I'm tired of watching him hurt. I'm tired of watching LR hurt. I'm tired of hurting myself too.

Quitting is not an option for me. Never will be.If we can all take care of each other and protect each other then we have a chance of promoting each other to be the best person that we can be.

Hopefully both you and GG will be here in the summer Maca. Bonfires and beer have a way of bonding people...if all else fails I'm seriously gonna get Redpepper to go Mistress on both your asses

Just to clarify...that's "non-sexual Mistress"...all the pain but none of the drain if you get my meaning

We will be there ( both of us) ( even if I have to beat his ass and pack him in my suit case):cool:

Im good at my typ of Domming but I dont think I want to cross paddles with RP!:eek:
Well maybe once:rolleyes: Ill even let her go first ;)

We will be there ( both of us) ( even if I have to beat his ass and pack him in my suit case):cool:

Im good at my typ of Domming but I dont think I want to cross paddles with RP!:eek:
Well maybe once:rolleyes: Ill even let her go first

Woohoo! Can't wait my friend :) Thanks for opening up on here, it's not a requirement but other people will learn from all of your input so it is much appreciated.

Time to watch a movie..take care

Our friend E is now helping me hold her up, but I now realize my reserves are empty. I have no one filling those reserves except me. Us guy guys tend to put ourselves in that position (call it a weakness if you want)...but we could use a little propping up too :)

I completly put myself into "healing LR" I didnt take any breaks I didnt miss an appointment, I didnt put myself ahead of her. I didnt do it alone, I had people that helped but the one guy that mattered the most ( besides myself) was there part time.

I know its been years, but you broke two trusts. (I don't know if you guys knew each other before hand so it could be more trusts)...You forced him to mistrust his relationship with his wife...and you broke any trust he had with you. I say those, worded specifically like that. That may never ACTUALLY heal. Some people, and some situations, respect and trust can never completely be earned again.

I have only ever been able to do it with LR and my Father.I havent managed to do it with my Mother.

I know that goes against all the mantra of the poly people and love...but its just plain true. There may always be something he is holding back, protecting for himself...just in case...just in case he needs to be there to hold himself up and hold LR up when you aren't there or you break that trust. I am not justifying it by the way...just giving my perspective on everything I have seen written.

As I was responding to this quote I realised I was keep account of all the times that GG let LR or I down. What I wasnt doing was taking into account all the times he was there for her when I wasnt. So I deleted my first response and wrote this instead. I do hold back a " reserve " it has been nessecary as of late. But that is not an excuse. Your post has given me food or thought. Ill give this thought some time to sink in .

I wonder if he is protecting this peace from more than just with you, protecting that piece from everyone except LR...Giving 100% of oneself is tough, I have done it with 2 people in my life. My entire existence. My wife, and unfortunately E...I am absolutely terrified to let E hurt me with what she has possession of. All I mean by this, you might be taking his withdrawal to directly personal...

Bingo! Im not a " open book " I dont let many people in past acquaintance. Im learning to be more open to people but I slam the door shut fast if they hurt me, LR or my kids.

Yes, Im a guys guy he is not. Im a take charge guy , he is a wait and see guy. Im a protector he is the one that gets protected. We are very different.
This is true-you are a take charge, protective guys guy. GG is a wait and see guy that all the girls are comfortable hanging out with and confiding in and we do all tend to be protective of him, because he's really really good at being our FRIEND.

BUT-you are both interested in the same types of music,

enjoy the same types of movies,

like to drink the same types of beer,

hang out around the campfire,

play a game of pool (you tend towards being more competitive, but you both enjoy the break),

dancing (not together obviously haha),

you are both fiercely devoted to the love of your life (me) though you show it different ways,

you both are fiercely devoted to your children (again, you show it different ways),

you both feel that it's your job to provide for the family,

you both are emotional men who don't see any weakness in giving another man you care deeply for a hug and even a kiss on the cheek,

you both have a great respect for the same people,

you both believe in God,

you both feel unsure of yourselves often,

you both doubt your worthiness in relationships often,

you both are distrustful of others with your own self,

you both have ONE other person besides me that you TRULY trust with yourself (you trust your father, GG trusts whatever the fuck he nicknamed his other best friend)

you both get along famously with my sister, finishing sentences and laughing and loving her with abandon,

you both are held back by fear of the unknown

you both are held back by fear of failure

you both are struggling to improve not so great communication skills

you both are trying to find the answer to this problem and then giving up over and over again because you are afraid the other one isn't trying

you both love me

I love both of you

Our kids love both of you

and you are both breaking my heart and the kids hearts because you keep panicking and running from this family instead of grasping hold with both hands and holding on for dear life when the panick hits....
which is something YOU taught me Maca....

I have to addmit that I do feel a competitive streak in regards to LR's attention. For 10 1/2 years I thought I had her full attention and in the last 7 months I have had to learn how to share it.

You have made admirable strides in this. Just remember, just because you thought you had my full attention and you thought it was your right, doesn't mean it was. It was never fair for ALL of my attention to be on you and even when you chose to pretend it was, it wasn't anyway. EVEN in a mono relationship-each partners attention isn't always on each other. We have 4 children together and I have Z as well. Then there is my little sister, Em and GG. There are others who have earned the right to my attention.
ALSO-they have earned the right for YOUR attention AND you have earned the right to THEIR attention. If you just open your heart-like you did with Blaidwyns wife (can't remember her login to save my life) you will find that there is PLENTY of attention for us all to share and keep ourselves so busy you'll never have to feel as though you are missing out! xo

The biggest thing holding me back is fear.
Always has been. Generally speaking that's true for most people I would guess. But that doesn't mean you have to let it win.

LR and he hurt me more than anyone else ever has( with the affair) I loved LR then and I love her now so I have forgave her and I have let her back in close to my heart( knowing full well that she could hurt me again) I did not and do not "love" GG so letting him in close to my heart by forming a friendship more then just "buddies" scares the shit out of me and Im ( as I stated above) a protector. I even protect myself.
Love isn't the major difference. Even if you don't love someone you can choose to forgive them. BUT you ALWAYS have to choose to, even if you do love someone. FEAR is what is holding you back. FEAR of what people will think of you. FEAR that you will look weak, like less of a man.

IF we are ever going to REALLY set sail in this beautiful boat (to borrow from Kat's analogy) we're going to have to be REAL with each other. You BOTH need to be REAL with each other-not just with me in hidden moments. Do you gotta measure cock size etc? HELL NO. But you do need to be honest and upfront and open about what it is that is holding you back in this relationship.

In pieces of your posts on here you both were, and then there are spots like this-where you both did not.

The truth is that it's scary to contemplate having an alternative relationship and even if GG and I hadn't had an affair-there would still be fear of what people would think about you "letting your wife fuck another man". The truth is that most won't give a damn-cause they don't REALLY give a damn about you.
Others will be offended because their minds are too small and shallow to handle such a complicated idea as compersion is.
OTHERS will think "huh" and move on curiously.
The ones who REALLY matter have already told YOU that they love you-PERIOD.

So there is no reason for YOU to fear people thinking you are weak. You are NOT weak. You are very strong-somtimes TOO strong. But you are sure as hell not weak. Kinky-yes, weak, NO.

She is telling me that without GG and I being "friends" then she cant be happy with either of us. She has put a stop to a specific part of our relationship, she has not put a stop to our marriage. She has said she is "pulling back" As far as one of us hurting... I cant speak for anyone else but I can say that there has been no need or desire by GG or myself to push for more of a relationship between him and I. What happens is LR gets pissed because we are not friends, then he writes me an email saying how he wants to be friends, then I call a meeting and we talk about wanting to be friends, but nothing continues beyond that ( till the next time LR blows up).
Actually-what I am saying is that there are levels of intimacy-and they correspond with the level of acceptance and trust in a relationship (if you want more in depth details, please feel free to get the book "The Seven Levels of Intimacy"-best relationship book I've ever read).
In order for OUR relationship (or mine and GG's) to continue to deepen into deeper levels of intimacy-YOU BOTH have to learn to ACCEPT me completely for who I am-and that means accepting that I am in love with BOTH OF YOU.

It IS possible that you could each do that without being friends-living as a family makes it a little harder to have a comfortable family dynamic that way-but it is possible.

BUT it is NOT possible for me to feel accepted and loved completely for who I am, with all of my faults, if you (either of you) is attacking the other one. BECAUSE in attacking one another whether aggressively or passive-aggressively, you are making it clear that you do not believe that the other is worthy of my love, affection and relationship-therefore you don't approve and accept ALL of me-because I HAVE decided that BOTH of you are worthy of my love, affection and relationship.....

I (and most people) NEED to be accepted for who they are in order to move to deeper levels of intimacy.

Known each other yes.Our living dynamic as it stands now is only 7 months old and over the last 7 months things change almost daily. So I cant pin point somthing that has changed because everything has been changing.
We've lived together for 7 years. We've been poly for 7 months. You have known each other for 12 years. Things are changing quickly right now-all three of us are growing and maturing a LOT right now.
BUT-the truth is that nothing significant has happened recently to RE-engage the fear caused by us having an affair.

Every single time that either of you encounter a "new" situation, every single time that either of you encounter a "learning point" in your lives-you both freak the hell out. You (Maca) tend to lash out with "this is b.s. I am who I am, I don't want that" etc. GG tends to go limp as a noodle and "play dead".
Either way-you both require someone to drag you kicking and screaming through the experience THEN you both acknowledge that you are happier and better off for having gotten through it-BUT I don't have an interest in continuing to drag either of you, much less BOTH of you through your own learning experiences and new situations. It's EXHAUSTING.

I was using the switch analogy in regards to the fact that I find it.........disappointing.... that anyone thinks that I can just turn off my feelings and turn off my role in there life.
I'm not sure what makes you think anyone was expecting that you could or would turn off your feelings. BUT you only HAVE a role in someone's life in so much as they allow it. That's just a fact for all of us-we only have a role in any other person's life in so much as THEY allow us to.
You can't be my DOM if I can't trust you with my soul. I can't trust you with my soul if I can't trust you with my heart. I can't trust you with my heart if I can't trust that you accept ME for who I am.
IF having that role is important to you (and I know it is, just as it is to me) then it's IMPERATIVE that WE work to ensure that you DO accept me for who I am, so that I CAN trust you with my heart AND my soul.
I NEVER said I want to lose what we've gained. God forbid. I am THRILLED at how far we've come. But it's not far enough to get what WE want.

It's not about what I want Maca. It's about what WE want. WE want a deeper relationship. Therefore YOU have to solve some issues and I have to solve some issues. My issues are just as much a struggle for me as yours are for you.
As I said on our walk-the only difference is that I'm not fighting it. I know I need to make those steps-so I am just DOING it. You can do the same. You ARE a strong man at heart. You are afraid you might not be, but I KNOW you are. You survived T. You survived your mom's b.s. You've survived me having an affair. You've survived me (hell most people can't do that!). You can make these steps-WE can make these steps. We can make them together.

I guess we (women) forget how fragile even the tough guys are. But really what makes you happiest is being part of if not the sole reason LR is happy. Nothing would make her happier than having a haven of love security with you. That means accepting GG but more importantly standing in his shoes for a moment, being sensitive to the guilt that may be prohibiting him from really reaching out to you, and being brave enough to accept that GG has his own proprietary stake of LR's heart because of their very long and intimate connection.
Very well put MG. It's not easy-but it is do-able.
My bf tells me this all the time: he is soooo unhappy (distraught) when KT and I are at eachother's throats. It makes him physically ill, and he is a guy's guy too. And although KT and I may not see eye to eye on everything (ok-most things), we need to remember we aren't hurting eachother as much as we are hurting our relationship with P.
Exactly! They are destroying me with their b.s. I DO understand their fears. BUT it's IMPOSSIBLE to prove that their fears are unfounded if they won't take the proverbial leap. They have to take the chance. The truth is-if they would take the chance they both would find out that they are WELL matched to be friends, roommates, family. Everyone in our family can see it-except the two of them.

You seem to be such a great guy, very supportive and generous, keep working on the GG relationship because it will bring you and LR that much closer.
He is a great guy. He's very supportive. He's busted his ass to be there for me through every step of my surgeries and healing process. He's very generous now. He didn't used to be. Watched his dad get burned SO many times. But he is very much so now. As I said to him-a little faith and he will find that bringing a peace between himself and GG will help our relationship so very much it will thrill his shoes right off of his feet.

Maca and I tend to "tolerate" each other, however (and please don't mistake this for me trying to be the "better man" because again, this is BOTH of us, not one or the other) I have attempted numerous times to really try and be friends with Maca. There are a few reasons it fails. One is that I don't "chase him down". I'm not an aggressive person, LR can attest to that. I show myself or my intentions or desires, even needs, and if no one ( or said person) responds to it, I drop it.
In order to "try" to have a relationship with ANYONE there are steps that have to be taken-The first is you have to make yourself TRULY and HONESTLY vulnerable to them (which you DO NOT do). THEN you have to make an effort to fulfil THEIR needs (which you have done).
You are right, you have a TERRIBLE habit of starting things...
But not finishing them. There is no "trying" to be friends with someone if you don't follow through....

The truth is that it's never been important enough to you TO THROW YOURSELF into it. You devoted EVERYTHING in your life-to our relationship. EVERYONE who knows you knows that you CAN and WILL devote yourself 100% to something that matters to you, because you HAVE with me.
SO if you don't put that much effort in-they also know that it does NOT matter to you.
THEREFORE-your actions have PROVEN to everyone around you that you DO NOT want to make a friendship with Maca-because if you did, you would stick to your guns NO MATTER WHAT-like you did with me... for 17 years.

I've done what I can to show Maca that I want a closer relationship with him. I'm sure could do more, and will keep trying.
REALLY?? REALLY?? You've done for him what you did for me to show that you want a closer relationship? I don't fucking thing so.

Actually-I KNOW you haven't.

But it's obvious to me that he doesn't WANT it. And I don't want to "force" myself on him to be friends. I wouldn't want that either if it were the other way around.
That's true and honest. You don't want to put forth the effort-and neither does he. BUT him not wanting to isn't why you don't do it. Because I didn't want a "closer relationship" for YEARS and that didn't stop you from continuing to be there at my side every moment. How many hours did you spend sitting on the curb waiting for me? Waiting in the car? At a bus stop? etc..
And it's not like we avoid eachother like the plague. We DO do things together, and with the kids.
Very true. AND when you do-you both do VERY well together. You get along great. You enjoy your time together. You enjoy the activities you do together. Ironically-when you both stop trying so damn hard to prove you are totally different, you get along great as though you.... WERE PERFECTLY FUCKING COMPATIBLE!!
There seems to be this big "we're so different" thing going on-well WHO THE FUCK CARES??? Emmy and I POLAR FUCKING OPPOSITES! BUT WE ARE COMPATIBLE. We're not ALIKE-we're COMPATIBLE.

SO ARE BOTH OF YOU!!!!!

But we're just not typically the type of people we'd hang out with if it were not for our situation or our devotion to LR.
You are both SO FULL OF SHIT! Two highschool age potheads... Uh huh.
YOUR BEST FRIEND IS A GOD DAMN IBEW ELECTRICIAN... so is Maca.
HOLY SHIT-you two are SO FUCKING OBSTINATELY DETERMINED TO PROVE THAT YOU HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON.

GET THE FUCK OVER YOURSELVES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!

That's why we're a V. It's LR that connects us. It's not a triad or a triangle.
No M'ebe, that's not true.
The reason we are a V and not a triad is because you are both STRAIGHT!
:eek:
I do respect him enough to not step up to certian responsibilities because he's her husband, and I'm also the type of person to allow others to "go first in line" if you will.
Be careful with that-the underlined part. It REALLY pisses him AND ME off when one of the men I am devoted to-"does not step up to" THEIR responsibility to me..... I don't give a SHIT what the reason it-if you are MY man-you owe it to me to BE my MAN.

But I don't trust him. I don't trust him to have the family as a whole's best interest in mind. I don't trust him when he says he wants to do things that involve me either with the kids or the family, or the three of us. His attitude says differently....
Did I mention that you have this in common as well?

Hopefully both you and GG will be here in the summer Maca. Bonfires and beer have a way of bonding people...if all else fails I'm seriously gonna get Redpepper to go Mistress on both your asses :mad:

Mono, if they don't make it I'll personally fly RP up here for an "attitude adjustment" session of epic proportion! Lol!! But only if I get to watch! :rolleyes:

Maca: I'm glad you caught your negative thought pattern and stopped to consider whether or not it's valid. As with *any* relationship, it's easy to get caught up in the hurts (real and/or perceived) of the past and to keep dredging it up in your mind... "keeping that person imprisoned in your mind" as Pastor Tim put it.

I hear both of you expressing a lot of anger, frustration & resentment over how you've hurt LR, have or haven't been there for LR, have or haven't cared for LR up to the other one's standards... I understand that you both love her to the ends of the earth... but why are you beating each other up in your minds over the OTHER person's relationship with LR?

Yes, it's both of your jobs to love, care for and protect LR... but not from EACH OTHER. I have known LR long enough to know this much... THAT girl can *hold her own!!* GG's relationship w/LR is *his* relationship. If he's not there for her when she needs him, that's up to HER to deal with w/him. Maca, I hear you being resentful because he wasn't there... well, if u were in a "mono" relationship it would've been just you anyway... right? It's up to LR to hold him accountable for acting as if you & her are in a mono relationship and he's just a roommate.

I've gotten the impression from over & over again that you feel like you're in a poly relationship "against your will" to a certain extent. You've repeatedly stated that you'd prefer to be in a mono relationship w/LR. Yet, when GG gives you what you ask for and acts like a roommate... you are resentful of him. And when he gives LR what she needs/wants and acts like a boyfriend, you're resentful of him as well. Shame on him for trying to please you both instead of figuring out what *he* wants... but even so, I can see why the heck he's confused about how to act. He's a people-pleaser to the core of his soul, and he's trying to please you both... which at the moment (since you & LR both want different things) is a lose-lose proposition for him.

You say you don't want to be his friend, aren't interested in a relationship with him, but yet you expect him to be there for you & back you up when you're caring for LR. I'm sorry, but it seems like you're trying have it both ways?? If you want him to ACT like a friend to you then you need to BE a friend TO him as well. As far as whether he's there for her or not... that's between him & her unless you choose to change the dynamic.

If you want to be able to hold him accountable for not being there for LR, then I see two things that need to happen... #1. You need to *commit* to the poly FAMILY between the three of you. #2. You need to have a REAL relationship w/GG. Because you're trying to hold him accountable as if those two things are facts when they aren't. If you're not even his friend, and you won't fully & completely COMMIT to being in a poly family w/him & LR, then you have no right to hold HIM accountable for not being fully committed to it or to her according to your standards. If you're not a poly FAMILY, then he's just her boyfriend and it's her business how she handles the relationship with him. If you want to expect more out of him, then you need to be willing to commit to more yourself.

GG... I'm not letting you off the hook either. Kudos for opening up about how you feel and speaking your mind. That's a major step for you, especially given your people-pleasing nature, good job! However, I see you doing the same as Maca in several instances... focusing on his transgressions against LR in the past and letting it affect your attitude towards him. There appears to be a lack of respect, trust and forgiveness between BOTH of you for the other one. *You* (GG) have used it as an excuse to sit on the fence as far as YOUR commitment to LR... trying to please him and her alternately instead of standing up for what YOU want and living up to the choice/commitment you decide to make.

If you fail to step up & make a commitment to being a FULLY responsible & equal member of your poly family, then you have no right to complain that someone else isn't making enough of an effort to have a relationship with you or that he's not meeting LR or the family's needs. If you're just going to act like a roommate, it's not your place to complain about that. That's between him & LR. So, if you want to have a say in it and you want to BE more than a roommate in that family, then you must needs ACT like a full fledged member of that poly family.

That's my advice to you both. Put up or shut up. It appears to me as if there is a lot of finger pointing at the moment and a lot of using the other person's actions to excuse/justify your own actions/position. (I could be wrong... that has been known to happen!) Justification is the road to self destruction (in my experience anyway.) It seems to me like whenever someone's main concern is to defend & justify their position, it's usually because they aren't interested in seeing things from the other person's point of view.

So... before either of you can get *anywhere* in a relationship w/LR, each other (or anyone else for that matter) you BOTH first need to figure out what you truly want out of the relationship(s) and then COMMIT 100% to it. Then work on eliminating the justifications, the negative thought loops, forgiving one another, and then beginning to build some trust & respect between all 3 of you. And all of THAT has to happen first... in order for you to have something to build a friendship ON. It's no wonder you're not friends with all the other crap blocking the way.

I love all three of you. I hope you both recognize I'm saying all of this out of love & a sincere desire to see you grow as individuals AND succeed as a family.

This is where I put my disclaimer... "The opinions & viewpoint expressed in this post are solely the author's are not intended to represent the viewpoint of Polyamory.com or other uninvolved parties." Please don't get mad at me for butting in. ;)

Last edited:
No M'ebe, that's not true.
The reason we are a V and not a triad is because you are both STRAIGHT!
:eek:

Damn shame too. *giggle* *giggle*

(Sorry... I read this 5 minutes ago and I'm STILL giggling!!)

Thanks for the laugh LR! :p

But I also believe that somewhere deep down, he really does want this to work. We've had some monments that were... pretty deep moments, heartfelt. I'm talking about the REAL stuff. So I know it's there in him. That's the real him. But he doesn't want me to hurt him again, so he refuses to let it out continuously with me.
You both have this in common too. You neither one are willing to be vulnerable "continuously" with one another-or anyone else but me.

I WANT so bad to give him the benefit of the doubt, but honestly, I don't think he even knows what he really wants, or else he just won't admit it to himself. And I can't break through that.
And you do??????????
REALLY????? You and I have been going ROUNDS for a couple months now (as shown on my thread) because you can't decide WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT FROM OUR RELATIONSHIP-a relationship that has existed in one form or another for 17 fucking years M'ebe! So how can you even comment about the "splinter in his eye"?!?! YOU don't know what the fuck you want either!!!

Will we ever be best friends? Maybe but not likely. Will we ever be able to trust eachother? I think so, as long as we both decide to stop letting fear control us. Can we function as a whole unit? Yes, I believe so, but not unless it's what we each want. I want it, LR wants it, Maca does not. (or refuses to admit to himself that he does)
Be careful how far you step in saying what he wants/needs/feels-neither of you has taken the time to be vulnerable with one another-so neither of you KNOWS the other.

Are you sure it is that black and white. Could it simply be an expectation of reciprocation?...maybe its a I love you...you love me?...
It is VERY MUCH a "if you want me to love you-you better fucking love me, situation for Maca. He's very much a "I'll believe it IF and WHEN I see it for some undefined amount of time."
More than anything it's an issue that BOTH of them are really good at tracking each others failures-great self-defense mechanism for each of them feeling like they are failing in one manner or another. But they both SUCK at tracking each others strengths and positive qualities and most especially the steps they have each taken to grow and learn and improve upon themselves. It might mean facing that the other is better at SOMETHING and that would hurt to much, by reinforcing their own belief that they aren't good enough.

Ironically-they are both amazingly strong in OPPOSITE areas and if they did get over their high horses they could totally have each other's back SO perfectly! Like a right handed and a left handed friend sword fighting at each others sides. They are very compatible, just not IDENTICAL.

but for me...lets use redpeppers fish tank analogy...if its full...and you have your own tank...and its full too...if you suddenly find it a little empty...I am more than willing to fill it, but it leaves me a little empty...if I have no one there to help keep mine full but I am always giving to other people...I end up feeling empty...
THAT my friend is the REAL reason why I have been throwing a fit. Because I feel empty. HOW THE HELL DOES A HINGE BECOME EMPTY??? Let me tell ya! The hinge becomes empty when both ends of the fucking arms are so busy SUCKING THEM DRY and not busy enough REFILLING.
Seriously-It's like people think, well she/he has two partners so I can give less... um NO-I have two partners, I have to give the same amount to both-and both of them need to be giving me the same amount as they would if they were the ONLY person I was in a relationship with.
It's not Maca (or GG's) job to fill up where the other does not. They are each fully responsible for the relationship between themself and I.
Except-they aren't upholding it.

There may always be something he is holding back, protecting for himself...just in case...just in case he needs to be there to hold himself up and hold LR up when you aren't there or you break that trust.
That is exactly what he does-to a fault. And GG gives himself away completely-to a fault, to the point of being unable to be there for me.

I wonder if he is protecting this peace from more than just with you, protecting that piece from everyone except LR...
YEP. He (maca) gives himself to his dad 100%, but not even to me. Never has, hopefully someday he will-but he hasn't yet. I am NOT faulting him on this. I don't give myself 100% either, though VERY few people know it.
I opened up to Maca and GG about the deepest part of myself that I had ever shared-and it blew up in my face in such a HUGE explosion that I pulled back again...

I think LR recovering might take a small part in the frustration. Another log on the fire, if you will. But it goes deeper than that. He's still battling with a lyric I refer to regarding him quite often "...it's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..." -Sheryl Crow
You two have that in common as well. Lets get the dirt out on the table guys. YOU M'ebe can't figure out how to accept poly. BUT-poly is what you HAVE.... how about YOU work on wanting what you got, and he should too. THen if you both do-we can all enjoy this LIFE and FAMILY THAT WE ALREADY HAVE!!!! Instead of continuing to wish for some theoretically "perfect" thing that we think we want. :rolleyes:

I do not exist in his perfect world, but neither does LR AS LR is. He does love who she is, but I am part of the reason for that, and he can't deny that.
This is a HUGE issue. In that book I noted earlier he addresses this. The person we love-they became that person through their experiences. I would NOT be the person ANYONE in my life likes today if it weren't for GG. BUT I also would not be the person that GG fell in love with if Maca hadn't walked through my life 5 years before GG. That moment had a HUGE impact on who I was when GG walked into my life.

Im sure we both would admitt that the only time that an attempt is made to be " friends" is when LR has a shit fit about the fact that we are not friends.I havent allowed myself to trust your intentions. Ive known from the time of the affair that you want to be " with LR " enough so that you were willing to risk breaking up our marriage. So when you extend an invitation to be friends and it happens when LR is throughing a fit about us not being friends, is it really you wanting to be frineds or our you jus trying to keep her happy?
You both do it to shut me up. Which is one of the MOST annoying things that you each do. I absolutely HATE when ANYONE does something JUST to shut me up. I'd prefer NO effort over FAKE effort.

We have just spent the last few months dealing with the fact that you dont do anything for you. You do it because someone else wants you to do it. SO why would I believe that you want to be friends? You dont make it easy to believe that it is "YOU" thats wants a friendship. At least I have the balls to say that Im not sure that I want a deep friendship with you. I dont even know who you are , YOU dont even know who you are.
This is a VERY valid point. One that we've discussed in all of the different relationships in this family. It's IMPERATIVE for BOTH of you to figure out WHAT you want in life, WHO you are and WHERE you are going. Nothing else can happen in our family until you BOTH do those steps.
Im a protector I dont trust those that dont protect LR or my kids from there friends or family.
Also very true-but you need to strengthen yourself by also acknowledging that if you expect others to protect us in order to be trusted-YOU must also. That means not being the one who is doing us harm.
It's GOOD to expect people to not do your family harm-ALL of your family. BUT first you have to expect YOURSELF to "do no harm".

Seriously??? I was caring enough for LR and my family and for your feelings when I said I would stay and work on understanding Poly and understanding why/ how LR can love more then one. SO I could get what? Laid? Money?Security? What did I get? I can get laid. I make enough money. Im less secure being in a new dynamic ( that I swore I would never be in). I knew the night I said I would try that you were not going to leave. So what the hell was I trying to get out of the biggest and hardest decision I have ever made?
Honestly? You did all of it for the kids. Not for me or GG and not because you wanted it.
GG did it for me. Not because he wanted it and not for you or the kids.
I know what I want GG. My issue is not in knowing what I want but in knowing how to get it. I still have to build a trust in you, I still have insecurities and jealousy that I have to deal with.
You have to FACE jealousy and insecurity in order to deal with them. You can't avoid them. Avoiding giving GG a chance to fuck up means avoiding solving these issues that plague you. YOU need this M. YOU need this peace, this forgiveness, this friendship for YOURSELF M. It's true that it WILL benefit me. It's true that it will benefit GG. But it will benefit YOU my love and you NEED the benefit.

I have asked you several times in the last month what it is you want in this dynamic. What it is that you see as the goal. What your needs are. Have you given me anything to work with?
Nope-he hasn't. GG-you need to get your ass in gear on this. Its IMPERATIVE for any of us to move forward AS A FAMILY that you define WHO YOU ARE, WHAT YOU WANT/NEED, WHERE YOU ARE GOING with your life. Or we can't move this boat.

GG- If I didnt WANT us to function as a unit why would I promote movie cuddle time? Why would I buy a ring and a card for LR and then offer you a chance to put your name on it and give it to her WITH me for V-Day?Why would I stand up to the nurse at the hosp when she wasnt going to let you go back to see LR with me after her surgery?Why would I offer going to YOUR siblings house( who hate LR) with you to back you up? Those things may mean nothing to you but they are major to me.
There are a number of possible answers. It's difficult for ME to know why-because you can't tell me why. You told me that you didn't want the ring to be from both of you-so WHY DID YOU offer for him to give it to me with you? :confused:
You are tense, uncomfortable, cold, distant when we cuddle, so why DO you promote it?
You give a double message-asking someone who you refuse to be vulnerable with why you do these things is a waste of time, he can't POSSIBLY know the answer. You are vulnerable with me more often than anyone but your dad, and I DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER!
Quitting is not an option for me. Never will be.If we can all take care of each other and protect each other then we have a chance of promoting each other to be the best person that we can be.
Me either. I love you-and I'm not leaving. I love GG and I'm not leaving him either. We CAN do this-it's just going to take some faith. Faith in ourselves and faith in each other too.

I completly put myself into "healing LR" I didnt take any breaks I didnt miss an appointment, I didnt put myself ahead of her. I didnt do it alone, I had people that helped but the one guy that mattered the most ( besides myself) was there part time.
:( Heartbreakingly true. I can't really say much to this-because it's still a painful topic for me too.
BUT-we all make mistakes Maca. You, Me, GG. We all do. The reality is that while you KICKED ASS through pregnancy, labor/delivery and surgery/recovery, you sucked at being there for me during YOUR custody battle (that I was fighting for you) or with my heartache over the attacks your ex wages against me and my daughter.
We all fuck up. We have to forgive and move on. Either they step up and learn from their mistakes, or they don't. In this case-he will, you both will step up and learn from your mistakes-and so will I. I have faith in all three of us.
As I was responding to this quote I realised I was keep account of all the times that GG let LR or I down. What I wasnt doing was taking into account all the times he was there for her when I wasnt. So I deleted my first response and wrote this instead. I do hold back a " reserve " it has been nessecary as of late. But that is not an excuse. Your post has given me food or thought. Ill give this thought some time to sink in .
XO-good job M. I'm proud of you for ADMITTING that. Its great that you did it-but it's even better that you admitted it. Good job M.

Ok, I JUST realised that someone else was writing too.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD WOMAN!!

;)

Actually I think it's impressive how similar what you posted (much more succinctly then I) and what I posted are (so damn wordy huh?)

NITE ALL!!

GET OUT OF MY HEAD WOMAN!!

But it's so damn *entertaining*!! There's so many pretty colors... most of them shades of lavender. However, I must say it needs a good cleaning... it's VERY dirty in here! :rolleyes:

LMFAO!!!

Maca: I'm glad you caught your negative thought pattern and stopped to consider whether or not it's valid. As with *any* relationship, it's easy to get caught up in the hurts (real and/or perceived) of the past and to keep dredging it up in your mind... "keeping that person imprisoned in your mind"

I've gotten the impression from you over & over again that you feel like you're in a poly relationship "against your will" to a certain extent. You've repeatedly stated that you'd prefer to be in a mono relationship w/LR. Yet, when GG gives you what you ask for and acts like a roommate... you are resentful of him. And when he gives LR what she needs/wants and acts like a boyfriend, you're resentful of him as well. Shame on him for trying to please you both instead of figuring out what *he* wants... but even so, I can see why the heck he's confused about how to act. He's a people-pleaser to the core of his soul, and he's trying to please you both... which at the moment (since you & LR both want different things) is a lose-lose proposition for him.

If you want to be able to hold him accountable for not being there for LR, then I see two things that need to happen... #1. You need to *commit* to the poly FAMILY between the three of you. #2. You need to have a REAL relationship w/GG. Because you're trying to hold him accountable as if those two things are facts when they aren't. If you're not even his friend, and you won't fully & completely COMMIT to being in a poly family w/him & LR, then you have no right to hold HIM accountable for not being fully committed to it or to her according to your standards. If you're not a poly FAMILY, then he's just her boyfriend and it's her business how she handles the relationship with him. If you want to expect more out of him, then you need to be willing to commit to more yourself.
GG... I'm not letting you off the hook either. Kudos for opening up about how you feel and speaking your mind. That's a major step for you, especially given your people-pleasing nature, good job! However, I see you doing the same as Maca in several instances... focusing on his transgressions against LR in the past and letting it affect your attitude towards him. There appears to be a lack of respect, trust and forgiveness between BOTH of you for the other one. *You* (GG) have used it as an excuse to sit on the fence as far as YOUR commitment to LR... trying to please him and her alternately instead of standing up for what YOU want and living up to the choice/commitment you decide to make.

If you fail to step up & make a commitment to being a FULLY responsible & equal member of your poly family, then you have no right to complain that someone else isn't making enough of an effort to have a relationship with you or that he's not meeting LR or the family's needs. If you're just going to act like a roommate, it's not your place to complain about that. That's between him & LR. So, if you want to have a say in it and you want to BE more than a roommate in that family, then you must needs ACT like a full fledged member of that poly family.

That's my advice to you both. Put up or shut up. It appears to me as if there is a lot of finger pointing at the moment and a lot of using the other person's actions to excuse/justify your own actions/position. (I could be wrong... that has been known to happen!) Justification is the road to self destruction (in my experience anyway.) It seems to me like whenever someone's main concern is to defend & justify their position, it's usually because they aren't interested in seeing things from the other person's point of view.

QUOTE]

WOW! Gulp! I felt that smack of reality! Again...so guilty of being part of the same patterns. Why is it that we can intellectually see the bad behaviors in others but emotionally we cannot control our own negative output in our relationships? YIKES! I got some work to do too! Thanks MidSun!:eek:

Last edited:
Thanks for all your open honesty. I admire that. I have been unable to trust enough to really open up on here about things that go on. It all gets discussed off line (there doesn't seem to be anything major worth talking about actually)

Anyway, thank you....

Ya, and if you don't sort it out by the time you leave here the bull whip will come out, I'll line you all up ;)

Back