Longevity of relationships

I've been with R. for six and a half years now, but other folks - both full-fledged partners and more casual "bedmates" - have come and gone for her in that time. (She's been the only partner I've been with in these years... simply because it's exceedingly rare that anyone is compatible with me. I'm not monogamous by any stretch of the imagination, I just face a dating pool of the "slim to none" size. But that's okay by me. :D)

The longest time of another relationship of hers being stably involved in our structure was around a year and a half.

There seems to be a de-facto state where I'm R.'s "emotional primary", even though I never asked for that position. I'm glad to have *a* place in her life, it really doesn't have to be a specially privileged one. And I'm actually curious to see how things are going to work out in the long run between her and the gal she's all up in NRE about at the moment. As far as I can tell, they fit each other nicely. ;)

Survey: length of triad/quad/ pod relationships

I'm wondering for those of you who have been in triads/pods/quads, how long did they/have they lasted? And how does that compare with other relationships on yor life?

Mine was 1 year; my relationships generally last longer, but I haven't dated a whole lot.

I'm wondering for those of you who have been in triads/pods/quads, how long did they/have they lasted? And how does that compare with other relationships on yor life?

Mine was 1 year; my relationships generally last longer, but I haven't dated a whole lot.
What do you mean by "pods?"
A Polygroup including more than 4. Better word available?

Oh, configurations of 4 or more are usually called a tribe, tangle, network, or a letter of the alphabet that resembles the connections, like "M" or "W." Never heard it called a pod.

Oh, configurations of 4 or more are usually called a tribe, tangle, network, or a letter of the alphabet that resembles the connections, like "M" or "W." Never heard it called a pod.

I think it makes sense, presuming the pod has no specific structure. Maybe it's like a melting pot... a melting pod!

Google tells me that one of the tribe/tangle/networks on that 'married and dating' show call themselves a pod.

Triads, pods, and quads ... does that include V's (and N's and M's)? The V I'm in got started in March of 2006, so, nine years so far (and I think it'll continue to last until death do us part).

I have been in my V for 3 years...

I have been with my first partner (chronolgically) for over 12 years, and we have been in our closed triad for just over 18 months. We live together, go to family counseling together, and share our lives as an equal family. I hope the 18 months stretches to the rest of my life, or at least through our lease since we just renewed. Optimistic? Sure. But then I frequently try to look on the bright side of things.

We lasted for almost 40 years and would still be together if it were not for unforeseen circumstances. We were supposed to grow old together but life did not cooperate.

Her is what we had. My wife and I were both in love with her girlfriend who was married to a doctor who was not part of our relationship. Our gf got married halfway into our triad afterwhich she split her time between the two relationships. She only told us that she found her husband online and he was OK with her relationship with us. We know that he was because he would fly out with our gf, his wife, and then leave her in our care while he went off on his own. Sex was kept among us once AIDS appeared. Prior to that our GF used to date guys and my wife and I wife swapped.

Back