GreenMom's Blog

Well, the Monday date got rescheduled because I got a nasty fall cold and completely lost my voice! We are having coffee Saturday morning. I am trying really hard not to be excited. But I am anyway. And hell, why shouldn't I be excited about a promising first date? If nothing else, I should get a new friend out of it.

I'm feeling remarkably "meh" about the break up, even though it's only been two weeks. I find myself mostly sad that I have now lost out on a lot of social things and I feel like I cannot contact friends who are a part of that poly group. I have heard a couple rumors about me floating around that are both not true and not complimentary. That makes me hesitate to contact folks from my former poly group because if they believe those rumors they have no reason to want to be my friend.

I do find myself enjoying the hermit time. I've been off of social media (except this board and one other board) for two weeks. No facebook notifications going off on my phone every five seconds! I've been catching up on reading and spending more time with family. It's nice to slow down a bit this time of year.

The date went well. There's decent chemistry, but I am uncertain if there is romantic potential. He's a bit socially awkward and a bit immature - but then, he is 7 years younger than me and not as experienced with relationships. I dunno - we shall see.

Got contacted by a random on OKC whose entire profile (including the Q&A) was all about casual sex. His email wasn't crude but just directly asked me out. I sent back a response to clarify if all he was looking for was hookups, cause that's not my thing. He sent back he was open to dating as well. Literally five minutes after that email, before I'd even seen it let alone responded to it, he sent back something along the lines of "okay well you're clearly not interested so nevermind". Do people really expect responses that fast? I had to chuckle.

Still enjoying being a hermit, but thinking today's coffee might at least be a fun fwb if not romantic interest.

Back