Compersion: Merged Threads, General Discussion

I guess one can feel compersion for one's metamour, but mostly I think compersion is about how one feels for one's partner.
When my partner pixi is trying to decide on her schedule for the week, splitting her time between me and Malachi, I often have empathy for him and remind her to think about his needs, as well as her own and mine. I like everything to be in balance and everyone's needs to be met as well as possible. Sharing your time between 2 people you love can be pretty hard sometimes, for the hinge as well as for the legs of the V!

When my partner pixi is trying to decide on her schedule for the week, splitting her time between me and Malachi, I often have empathy for him and remind her to think about his needs, as well as her own and mine. I like everything to be in balance and everyone's needs to be met as well as possible. Sharing your time between 2 people you love can be pretty hard sometimes, for the hinge as well as for the legs of the V!

I do this too. I wouldn't call it compersion per se, but since my metamour is male and has less experience with poly than I do (as does my partner), I sometimes tell her things that I felt when I was in his situation. He may or may not feel the same way, but just knowing what's possible can often help her when those feelings DO show up (and they often do, since men are socially trained to believe certain things that can interfere with good poly).

Back