Group / Thread for UK Members?

Alberta???! What on earth for? Not where Brits usually move to... (no offence to Albertans, just kinda surprised!)

I will certainly look you up! I want to hear that music collection you've been telling me about :D

(is this all still relevant to connecting the world or whatever that was about earlier in the thread?)

RedPepper, you have another fan here.
I am near London, 45Mins from there by train. If theres any chance you could spare a morn/aft, would love to have a cuppa tea with you guys!
:D

Alberta???! What on earth for? Not where Brits usually move to... (no offence to Albertans, just kinda surprised!)

I will certainly look you up! I want to hear that music collection you've been telling me about :D

(is this all still relevant to connecting the world or whatever that was about earlier in the thread?)
They are both Canadians at heart it seems. They can't wait to go. I'm not sure exactly where they want to be though. They have looked pretty much everywhere and I think they are just wanting to go the best place for cheap housing and work that's easy to get to.

I believe we are still on the point of talking about British type things. =P
Much better than just a thread full of English people. That would go nowhere!

*wave to the British types* :D

Cheap housing in Alberta!? Nope.... they will need to move east my friend. It kinda goes from expensive to cheap as you head east from BC. Do they like snow and cold cold cold???? If not, then Vancouver and the islands is the only respite for 8-10 months of the year.

A cuppa tea would be nice right now. :) many cups for many poly's and associates (I'd bring Mono along ;)).

Pish posh! All kinds of brits end up in wild rose country!

Cheap housing in Alberta!? Nope.... they will need to move east my friend. It kinda goes from expensive to cheap as you head east from BC. Do they like snow and cold cold cold???? If not, then Vancouver and the islands is the only respite for 8-10 months of the year.

Housing prices in most of Alberta isn't too bad...just depends on how close you need to be to the major downtown cores...

Besides, compared to London, even Calgary real estate is cheap as borscht.

Surprisingly, they like the snow. Mainly cos it;s ACTUAL snow. Not the slushy grey crap we get over here! =P and all house prices are cheap over there. Especially considering the sizes of them. A house the size of this one, fairly close to a major area, can be had for about half the price.

I prefer a cuppa coffee myself. But tea is quite lovely when I'm in the mood.

I just asked Dave earlier where they are wanting to go and indeed he said Alberta. Calgary specifically. He mentioned that tax is one of the top reasons. Apparently it's really low in that area. I just can't wait to get rid of them. :p

Back