Sociology Dissertation - An Exploration into Attitudes towards Nonmonogamy

PARTICIPANTS NEEDED FOR RESEARCH.

An Exploration of attitudes towards Non-Monogamy

Hello, my name is Stephanie Champaneri; I am a sociology student at Nottingham Trent University conducting research for my third year dissertation report.

I am exploring attitudes towards non-monogamous relationships and I am looking for people to participate in an online interview with myself in order to get an in-depth and realistic understanding of your experiences of non-monogamy.
I will be investigating into what non-monogamy means to you, what interests you about the lifestyle and your experiences with it, whether non-monogamy differs from traditional relationships in regards to limitations and restrictions, and also how widespread is the acceptability of non-monogamous relationships.
For this purpose, you are being asked to participate in my online interview, via an instant messaging service, which consists of several topics concerning non-monogamy. The interview may last between 30 minutes and an hour.
I would greatly appreciate if anyone would consider taking part in one of my online interviews.

Your participation will remain entirely anonymous and confidential; I will not ask for or disclose any personal details about yourself. Participation is completely voluntary and you have no obligation to take part, also if at any stage you change your mind about participating, you have the right to withdraw any information that you provide me with, before, during and after the interview up until the 15th April 2011.

You will also be provided with further information and consent forms about my research if you express interest in taking part.

The criteria of people that I am looking for to take part in my research are people, who are over 18 years of age and fluent in English language, who are currently in or have experienced a non-monogamous relationship, more specifically, a non-monogamous relationship that has been openly negotiated and openly discussed and is consenting between all partners involved.

If you fit this specification and wish to support me in my research; or if have any questions, or queries then please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Thank You,
Stephanie
Email: [email protected]

[To ensure anonymity, please email me from an appropriate email address and do not disclose any personal information about yourself i.e. name, address, workplace, occupational status, contact telephone numbers you do not wish to.]

Ah. Nottingham. Cool stuff. I wish you luck. I would love to help out myself, but not yet been in a poly relationship. I could, however, give you my thoughts on it, if that were to be helpful at all.

Done for you. =]

I found some of the questions difficult to answer from a poly-positive perspective, as a married person. I'd have to go over it again to give more specific feedback.

Some of the questions are worded in a very difficult way. In light of the fact that I am in a committed relationship with two people... and I find both of them to be special and to treat me special.

Some of the terminology assumes traditional understanding of what words mean instead of strict definition. That's frustrating.

Back