Survey on Polyamory, Social Attitudes and LGBTQ+ Identity

Research502

Hey! I'm doing research as part of a project for my school to collect information on polyamorous relationships, perceived social attitudes towards them, and how many people that embrace non-monogamy also identify as LGBTQ+ in some way(s), as opposed to not. If this isn't allowed in the subreddit I apologize, and if anyone has any questions after/during/before the survey feel free to message me! No personal data is collected should you choose to take the survey. Thanks for your time!

https://qtrial2019q1az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_abIV5hbg644Q8gB

I have just now taken the survey. I found it very easy to take, it took less than 15 minutes. There were a few questions without answers that fit me, in those cases I just picked the answer that came the closest.

I would say there is significant crossover between poly and LGBTQ+, but perhaps not as much crossover as one might expect. One reason being, if one is already carrying the burden of one stigma, one may be reluctant to carry a second burden of stigma. For instance, people already tend to condemn LGBTQ+ even if it's monogamous, imagine how much they'll condemn it if it's nonmonogamous!

Just did this, nice little survey that took about 5/10 minutes to do :)

Agreed - nice, easy survey.

One goal of the survey seems to be to survey people's understanding of the difference between polyamory and non-monogamy. My only real suggestion would be that "consensual non-monogamy" should have been used instead of just "non-monogamy" - as it is not only more accurate and descriptive, but it has become the default terminology in the literature (to describe the larger sphere that encompasses poly, swinging, open, etc).

When asked open ended questions, I have a tendency to want to answer more than what was directly asked. I would have had something to say about the similarities/differences between the stigma associated with LGBTQ-etc. and with CNM.

Agree that it was quick and easy.

I filled out your survey. Good luck with your project. Will you be sharing the final results here? I'd sure be interested in taking a look at them.

Back