Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 10-27-2015, 12:45 PM

I checked in with Old Friend and they texted right back, all systems go for today, arriving around 10. Glad it's a little later, since Punk was here til 11 last night lol. I've gotta get some dishes done and take a shower.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 63)
Pixi (poly, F, 41) my nesting partner since January 2009
Master, (mono, M, 37), Pixi's bf since April 2013
BigGuy (poly, M, married, 43, dating me since late summer 2018)
Ravi (poly, M, married, 37, dating me since late summer 2018)
Old 10-27-2015, 01:07 PM

Woot woot! You go, girl!
Sorry things sort of dried up with Hippie (hopefully, things are okay on his end!), but I'm glad things are going well with Punk. Enjoy!
Spinner: 53/M, Friend I went on a couple dates with. Divorced, Mono, "just friends".
Xena: 48/F, Chops' partner of 7 years
Curls: 51/F, Chops' partner of 2 years

Supporting Characters:
Choplet: Chops' son
DanceGirl: My oldest daughter
Pokégirl: My youngest daughter
Old 10-27-2015, 01:48 PM

Sorry things didn't work out so well with Hippie, but I'm glad Punk shows such promise for you!
Old 10-28-2015, 11:46 AM

No word from Hippie yet... Weird.

But I did get to spend a nice 3 hours with Old Friend. It was a lovely connecting time, fun too. They got to finally meet miss pixi. We were physically intimate together, and she looked great in her lovely feminine outfits. She wanted me to take some photos, so I did, glamour shots. I hope she wants to start visiting regularly, as part of her growth towards some kind of transition. I personally am thinking they are gender fluid, like Eddie Izzard, more than completely on one side of the gender spectrum. miss pixi told me later, they are "cute, and easily passable."

I texted Punk to thank him for the road trip day, and he wrote back around 8pm, saying he had a great time too, and enjoys my knowledge and "ability to present it." (And he thought the sex was great too.) I am glad he enjoys my knowledge of Bible history in particular... many people are bored, or threatened by it when I talk about it!

I talked about the history of Satan, how this great demon was conflated from many different characters: The serpent in the Garden (was really the snake goddess Asherah), the shaytan (was a member of Yahweh's celestial court who appeared in the book of Job), Lucifer ("the light bringer" was an epithet for a historical Babylonian king, who was mocked by the exiled Judeans), Baalzebul was a god of Ekron (a neighboring enemy state to Judah-- Beelzubub was a disparaging nickname meaning Lord of the Flies), and the evil demon of the dualistic Persian religion, Angra Mainyu, also became a part of it. Later, in Roman times, the Horned God of the northern pagans was added to the mix!

So, he found all this interesting and impressive instead of boring. Big points for that. He seems to have a good deal of knowledge about various ancient religions as well, but not about Abrahamic ones, despite, or because of, being raised both Jewish and Catholic. We also had a difference of opinion about the moon! lol. He thinks it represents virginity and chastity, I think the phases of the moon represent the tripartate goddess of maiden, mother and crone. But we both found it romantic riding along beside us on our trip.

So, Darkwing couldn't make it here tonight as his wife signed them up to work on a Halloween thing at his kid's school. He seemed a little ticked she'd done that without consulting him. But family first! So we are meeting Thursday noon instead. When we talked yesterday morning he said he wanted to come over right then and there! I, personally, am glad for a sex break for a day! I never say that! But 2 days in a row with Punk, and the time with Old Friend yesterday have left me worn out.

I made plans to see Artist next Tuesday. We will see how that goes.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 63)

Last edited by Magdlyn; 10-28-2015 at 11:36 PM.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:35 PM

I texted with Punk for a couple hours this afternoon and we set up plans for our next 2 dates, this Sunday doing whatever, and the following Saturday, which will be a live music show.

Mags (poly, F, 63)
Old 10-29-2015, 03:56 PM

Darkwing just called me at 11:40 to say work was crazy and he wouldn't be able to make it at noon. Hmph, surely he could've let me know sooner. Well, truth be told, I wasn't really in the mood anyway. He's a swinger type, we haven't texted since the last time I saw him, except to schedule this aborted date. I thought there might be more interaction, since he'd said he'd like me to meet his wife and everything.

But right now, I feel kind of wrapped up in Punk, and the developing closeness with Old Friend, if she wants to keep visiting me on a regular basis. Also, I'm feeling a little disconnected with miss pixi what with all the fuss with new friends.

Plus, the disappointment, the complete blank of Hippie. We seemed all systems go, he didn't make the our date, and now he's just stopped talking, whereas we were texting happily and making all kinds of playtime plans almost daily before this. So annoying.

Then the up in the air nature of my thing with Artist, and her strange dating practices with men. I gotta take me-time and let all this social sexual energy become more organized in my brain and endocrine system.

And yet, today, another very interesting man just messaged me on OKC. If Artist and Hippie are out of the picture, maybe there is room for this guy. Gotta write back to him.

Mags (poly, F, 63)
Old 10-29-2015, 04:20 PM
Spaminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Darkwing just called me at 11:40 to say work was crazy and he wouldn't be able to make it at noon. Hmph, surely he could've let me know sooner. Well, truth be told, I wasn't really in the mood anyway. He's a swinger type, we haven't texted since the last time I saw him, except to schedule this aborted date. I thought there might be more interaction, since he'd said he'd like me to meet his wife and everything.

But right now, I feel kind of wrapped up in Punk, and the developing closeness with Old Friend, if she wants to keep visiting me on a regular basis. Also, I'm feeling a little disconnected with miss pixi what with all the fuss with new friends.

Plus, the disappointment, the complete blank of Hippie. We seemed all systems go, he didn't make the our date, and now he's just stopped talking, whereas we were texting happily and making all kinds of playtime plans almost daily before this. So annoying.

Then the up in the air nature of my thing with Artist, and her strange dating practices with men. I gotta take me-time and let all this social sexual energy become more organized in my brain and endocrine system.

And yet, today, another very interesting man just messaged me on OKC. If Artist and Hippie are out of the picture, maybe there is room for this guy. Gotta write back to him.
I love it, you're having ups and downs, and yet you're finding whose right for you. And half the fun is in the journey of finding connections. Enjoy your NRE of possibilities even if they don't all pan out. It's a fun moment for you Mags and I am excited for you. Have a virtual hug to help with rejection and getting right back up in that saddle.
Ariel- 1.5 years- BFF and FWB hinge in her polycule
Landon- Ariels husband (8 yr relationship)
Snow- Ariels BF (1 year)
Irishcoffee- 4 year comet/ FWB
Benson- Recent polynetwork friend/ occasional FWB 4 months
June- Benson's GF
M.K. - Recent poly fling, now poly friend. 4 months.

Old 10-29-2015, 06:17 PM

Thanks, star, hugs back!

I wrote back to the OKC guy, waiting for a reply... he does mixed martial arts, he is pagan and kinky and bi, he is 6'5", he is literate, he prefers older women, our musical tastes are similar, and he has lots of tattoos. He is 34. His profile also insists he wants to actually meet people, not text endlessly. And he seems to dislike shallow people.

check
check
check

Mags (poly, F, 63)

Last edited by Magdlyn; 10-29-2015 at 06:39 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:05 PM

I went and looked at my old blog, to see where I left off. I never finalized what happened with the 2 men I was seeing earlier this year.

I didn't even nickname one of them! He loves motorcycles so I will call him Biker. He is 69, youthful and fun and open minded. We dated on and off for about 5 months. He has some life issues so is taking an extended break from dating, but we chat sometimes. He says he thinks about me so much, and I reckon he'll come around again sooner or later. He's such a dear. He likes to hear about my dating adventures, and gets a little jealous in a cute way.

The other guy, Luka. Right after my last post, things got super weird and I broke up with him. Suffice to say, he seemed to be another Don Juan Narcissist. Ugh.

Right now, Punk is running late, but on his way to see me.

miss pixi and I had a great Halloween night. We decided against the party, it was an hour drive and we just werent feeling it. It was just going to be a low key thing, our friend lives in a communal type house, and they are all vegetarians and don't drink or smoke weed. So we had an evening at home, but we got dressed up anyway. We had lots of trick or treaters, they were super cute. I was a witch and miss p was Pebbles Flintstone. She looked great. Once our doorbell stopped ringing, we watched some scary TV with snacks. We were flirty and sexy together.

Mags (poly, F, 63)
Old 11-03-2015, 01:05 AM

Ahh, so my third date with Punk went just great. Excellent sex and kinky playtime. And then just hanging out with miss pixi, chatting about interests and planning projects.

I showed him my downstairs bathroom, which had flooded soon after we moved in. Our landlord did a crappy job of repairing it, leaving the damaged wall looking stupid, and he laid Pergo type flooring which is inappropriate for a bathroom!

Punk is a builder by trade and offered to tile the floor and add paneling over the damaged and badly repaired wall! All I have to do is pay for materials, and he will do the work for me for free. Wow, I am so thrilled at his offer. He has plenty of energy and seemed like he would enjoy the work. I just need to run the idea past the landlord.

I slept so well last night, better than I have in months, what with my sprained back this summer, and the stresses in my dating life with Artist, and Hippie ghosting, and the yearning I felt for the mostly absent busy Nick. I had 8 1/2 hours in the night and even napped later in the day for almost 3 hours. Whew! I am feeling much more human.

It gives me strength for the date tomorrow with Artist. She will come in the early evening. I have no idea how the conversation will go. I am fond of her, but her issues might be too much for me to handle. She is not truly poly, she is just getting out there and seeing what her options are for partners, and her communication skills do not seem to be what I need them to be to make this viable.

Then again I might just cave to her inner charm and kindness, and things might be fine. I am just keeping an open mind.

Mags (poly, F, 63)