He accidentally called me by his other girlfriend's name...

... Actually, the level of embarrassment is only equal to calling a teacher "mom" or "dad" at school, I would say. All the rest can be brushed off more easily, but these mistakes can have implications that are not always comfortable to contemplate.

How about saying "'K, Bye, luv ya.." to a colleague when they page you on call on the middle of the night and you half-asleep and trying to get off the damn phone? Whoops.

JaneQ

A few months back, Wendigo and I were chatting over Skype late at night (before we were employed full time). He was drunk and horny and I was just horny, so I started teasing him, forgetting that he was also trying to run an RP scene on an online game he moderates. I ended up getting called by his RP partner at the time's name. (who is pretty hot). He realized his mistake almost immediately and apologized for days. My response was that he was lucky enough to have a girlfriend who doesn't get mad over drunken slips. Besides, it was half my fault for starting something when I knew he was drunk AND talking to multiple other people. (I can only imagine the mistells he sent to other people instead of me, lol)

How about saying "'K, Bye, luv ya.." to a colleague when they page you on call on the middle of the night and you half-asleep and trying to get off the damn phone? Whoops.

JaneQ

I meant as far as saying the wrong name goes. Saying "I love you" to a friend or coworker is definitely embarrassing. I've caught myself typing it before pressing "send" but never actually said it.

EDIT: reminds me, once on skype, Seamus was typing to both me and a coworker. His coworker has a name that starts with the same two letters and is about the same length, and so he typed in the wrong windows saying he wanted to [perform a sex act] with him. He immediately deleted the message as he noticed (since Skype allowed you to do that).
Then the colleague typed "Too late." and proceeded in making fun of him over it.

That would definitely have been embarrassing as well.

Last edited:
Back