Hi, I'm Austin (hi, Austin!)

fastlymagic

Stumbled on the page just googling "polyamory." The spellchecker for this thing is telling me polyamory isn't a word, by the way, which is very ironic.

I'm 25, 26 next month (birthday presents should be made out to cash, ty), and sorta new to the poly thing. I'm in the more-or-less rural south, so I'm really pleased to be able to meet some people, virtual or otherwise, who can understand this thing that's tearing me up lately.

I didn't hear the word "polyarmory" until about 6 months ago, and when I did, and figured the meaning to be what it is, it suddenly clicked for me. I've been poly my whole life, and until I knew it was a thing, I didn't know it. All the relationships I've been in in which I felt myself falling in love with someone else and feeling strange and guilty and weird were suddenly okay. My heart suddenly wasn't strange, it was just poly. I love the word, and I love to casually call myself 'poly.' I still can't tell a lot of my friends and family, but I'm getting there.

So what I'm saying, ya know, is hi =)

Hey austin, nice to meet you! my heart has always done the same thing and i am definitely in that place as well.
my info is on my intro post if you feel like looking. have fun on the forum!

Hi Austin,

I can relate, I've always "crushed" easily on women I like, and I also love the word poly. I admire the casual use, something in me keeps being shy about saying it and I'm trying to break that habit. Welcome!

Yea, I'm the same, but with the people I'm comfortable talking to it about I use it so freely. It's liberating to use. I got it from this article I read on the topic, in which this woman said she wished it was better accepted to walk up to someone and say "Hi, I'm <whoever>. I'm poly." But with Polly being a name, youd probably have to explain anyhow.

Yea, I'm the same, but with the people I'm comfortable talking to it about I use it so freely. It's liberating to use. I got it from this article I read on the topic, in which this woman said she wished it was better accepted to walk up to someone and say "Hi, I'm <whoever>. I'm poly." But with Polly being a name, youd probably have to explain anyhow.

:D

know how you feel

I have grown up around plural marriage and also feel the same alienation that you are talking about. Take it from an older lady who can tell you that being like them will lead to more problems and bad feeling than being like us. Be yourself and others will flock to you.

hi Austin

Hey Austin!

I too found the word for the first time within the past several . It has changed my life to say the least! It is so much better to not feel like a freak or just a bad person for loving more than one, eh? I have not told any friends either... but that will come.

Anyway, hi and welcome!

Its been hard for me to identify with yet another label, but maybe I don't need to focus on that.

I am enchanted with your name. Can't wait to find out more about you.

Welcome to the boards!

"...it suddenly clicked for me." Well, to use a phrase we use in the Burner community: "Welcome home!" That feeling we get when we can put to words what we've had floating around inside us for years is quite uplifting.

Back