The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

A little less tired, but still a little sore in the right leg from a week of camping, drinking, and fighting. I'm sporting a few new bruises as well.

Upside is that I've got new projects to work on in the workshop, some new construction tech to try, and a few things to work on for the field.

So over all I'm doing pretty darn good over all.

Make me a happy Karma - tell me you killed a lot of Romans and Gestigueist :)

Looking forward to tonight when Possibility comes over for a couple of hours.

Breathes & I are looking for a 3rd, or more, to play Munchkin! lol

Munchkin is amazing!

Spent the day building new, pretty weapons for darkon/dag. I'm a firm believer that your garb should be awesome, and so should the things your swinging at people. I've actually been studying Tsukamaki, the traditional method for wrapping a katana handle, and the results when applied to foam swords are stunning :) Also helping my friends and my brother back home get a new Dag unit off the ground. I'm coaching/advising from three states away, which has been interesting... I'm limited to phone calls and posting vids of training drills on our facebook group page, but I think I'm helping anyway.

Other than that, still putting my head back together slowly but surely. I'm better than I was a few months ago to be sure, but I still have things to work through. But, I'm getting there. Patching up relationships with friends that I didn't realize I had strained seems to be the recent theme, and I'm having a wide variety of results in that endeavor.

Make me a happy Karma - tell me you killed a lot of Romans and Gestigueist :)

I'm going to make you a sad Karma and tell you I fought with them and Narnia all week.

If it makes you feel any better we held our ground better then Rome did with much fewer people. We gained a bit of a rep for being able to hold our ground against much larger numbers and make any attackers pay for any ground in "blood". Go Undead! ;)

I am wonderful! Great night lastnight the rain was amazing like a waterfall , great grad party this past weekend- eldest daughter made a photo collage video and hubs got all teary-eyed. Surprise visit from a cousin who lives in FLA, awesome. Kids leaving for university this week. So life is going well. Happy.

It's crazy how one little thing can set your mind into thinking the worst. Last evening, I was nearly in tears as my mind immediately went to "worst case senario" instead of the most logical and likely. I had to talk myself down before approaching my husband. While I was "processing", he noticed something was wrong and asked about it. I made the decission to make NO assumptions in my approach and just made a simple request. He immediately appologized and I knew I made the right move in my approach. :D

This started me to thinking about a bunch of random thoughts as I read through some posts here:

**Cheating is extremely hard to overcome and will take much longer than either party expects. Even when we think we have moved on, it can come back and bite us in the ass when we are feeling insecure.

**OPP (or any "one sided" set of rules) makes me immediately think "controling abusive jackass", as it resembles behavior my SIL(who is in an abusive relationship) has been describing of her husband.

**Society as a whole has gotten extremely lazy when it comes to interpersonal relationships, that are children are paying the price. By the time we are adults very few of us have the tools to keep a long term relationship healthy.

**Overcoming the instinct to be judgemental takes practice.

**Bad news seems to come in waves. Does good new come in waves also and we just don't pay attention?

I remain very, very happy. Every day, happy! This is weird! Now, if only I can remember how to sleep through pre-dawn.

**Bad news seems to come in waves. Does good new come in waves also and we just don't pay attention?

I think its more a degree of perception. We view and sometimes focus on negatives..

There is usually way more good in our lives than bad, so the bad stands out. Then we end up taking advantage of the good..

Spent the day building new, pretty weapons for darkon/dag. I'm a firm believer that your garb should be awesome, and so should the things your swinging at people. I've actually been studying Tsukamaki, the traditional method for wrapping a katana handle, and the results when applied to foam swords are stunning :) Also helping my friends and my brother back home get a new Dag unit off the ground. I'm coaching/advising from three states away, which has been interesting... I'm limited to phone calls and posting vids of training drills on our facebook group page, but I think I'm helping anyway.

Other than that, still putting my head back together slowly but surely. I'm better than I was a few months ago to be sure, but I still have things to work through. But, I'm getting there. Patching up relationships with friends that I didn't realize I had strained seems to be the recent theme, and I'm having a wide variety of results in that endeavor.

We fought beside the Romans so we could outshine them. :)

Munchkin is amazing!

So we've heard. Unfortunately Possibility isn't interested. I'm hoping to get the kids into it tomorrow night but I won't hold my breath. It's summer break! What are the odds that two 16 year olds will actually want to spend time *gasp of horror* at home?!

Believe it or not I put "looking for a third for Munchkin" on my OKC profile, lmao. If I can't grab 'em one way I'll grab 'em another!

Why, hon?

Today was just one of those days :( I will talk to TL when he is done with training & hope to get something worked out.

Still processing the experience of spending almost two whole days with Burnsy. He arrived in my city on Monday at around midday and he left yesterday evening. I'm letting it all sink in before I write more about it. But I feel good today.

Last edited:
Feeling kind of disappointed this afternoon. Last night Wendigo and I went up and helped set the tent back up at KoN. We ended up being the first ones there and decided to practice with my bow since another friend was supposed to bring his scale to see if the new string would pass. In trying to avoid getting stung, I managed to thwack myself with the bow string. I was kind of in shock when Wendigo kissed it better and pulled me in for a quick kiss, before anyone else arrived. Sometimes I think we try too hard to keep up appearances.... and those barriers seem to come down quickly at KoN; we're best friends to everyone there and we spent over a year playing characters who were courting; we learned to speak in gestures and looks. Almost all of our Rag friends are also our KoN friends, but it's like they are different people in different situations. It's okay for us to joke and mock flirt at KoN, but not at Rag or at least that is how it feels right now. Even our friends who were "pulling rank" and looking down on us for being lower rank at Dag were back to their old friendly selves at KoN. Unfortunately, Wendigo threw his back out setting up the tent, so he was uncomfortable on the way home, but looking forward to today.

We had planned today as a hangout/ clean the workshop day with the expectation that we'd fool around for a bit if there was time before Yoda got home from school (boo for half days). It would have been the first time we've had alone time since January. He reminded Pretty Lady that he needed to get up early before they went to bed, but she swears it didn't sink in because when I arrived to pick him up; he was still asleep.

Pretty Lady and I had a good time chatting over coffee while we waited for him to get up, shower, and get ready. We ended up leaving his house an hour after we were supposed to get to ours, so any play time would have had to be quick, but he was pretty much a zombie and/or in pain the whole time he was here, while I cleaned up around him and he kept apologizing for wasting my time. :( I still don't know how to show him that anytime I get to spend with him isn't a waste. Would I have enjoyed some sexy time, hell, yes, but what I really needed was to spend some quality time not having to pretend I'm not his girlfriend. It takes alot of mental energy to act "natural" in group settings. I think I'm more disappointed that he couldn't even hold a conversation; couldn't flirt; and I barely got a half hug; than I am about anything else.

And now I have to make dinner and entertain our friends, who I want to see, but don't; if that makes any sense.

Last edited:
busy,.. yep again.

Sitting in dallas, enjoying the hotel room as I work away. Its nice to have some time alone...

My head is just swimming with stuff, work, love, etc. So much going on I feel like my head is unscrewing sometimes.. and I wouldn't have it any other way.

busy,.. yep again.

Sitting in dallas, enjoying the hotel room as I work away. Its nice to have some time alone...

My head is just swimming with stuff, work, love, etc. So much going on I feel like my head is unscrewing sometimes.. and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I was just wondering how you were doing! Cool.

Looking for a workout I can do to strengthen my derby muscles. Don't want to order the derby workout dvd right now - but thinking my Jillian Michaels Yoga might do the trick... :p

Actually.. the honest truth. The best way to build sports muscles is to play the sport.

When I used to coach and train teenagers, that truth really does work. You can have an incredible and powerful squat, and not jump worth beans.

The best way to build strength for sprinting is to sprint a lot,... and supplement that with working out :)...

If you goal is athletic.. play the sport as much as you can and supplement the athletics with the workout :D..

Back