The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

Eager for my birthday! Keith has vacation that week, going to see Hugh Laurie in concert, camping, Rose Festival parade, and all kinds of other goodies... The last week of May/1st of June can't come fast enough...

I made a decision about the couple. After a few more exchanged messages they had yet to ask anything about my interests or hobbies or make any real effort towards common interests or conversation. Which I found a little grating as we had been chatting for about a week with nearly daily messages. Too many little red lights were going off with my own feelings and their behavior. I'm not against ever trying the triad thing just not with this couple.
We're working on Photoshop this week in school and so far so good. I'm really looking forward to learning more about this program. It has so much potential.
Gamerboy created an account of OK, which I'm good with and even helped here and there.
On another note, spring here sucks. It ranges from 65 to 45 with freezing rain and brief blinding spots of sun and it lasts until the middle of June. ugh

Had a fun weekend camping and boffer fighting with Runic Wolf and Wendigo but came home with bronchitis. Feeling like crap and really wanting to get better for Runic Wolf's birthday weekend next week.

Today, I am great! While not everything in my life is worry free right now, I've got all my "ducks in a row" and am currently on everyone's "good" list.

Except for one co-worker, but I'm never on her good list, so who cares.

Personal life is going well and while I miss having all the friends to do things with that I used to have ... I will have them again and not be bored.

I'm honored to have the blessings that I have in my life and my only wish is to make it to the weekend.

In a weird funk..

On the outside, most things seem okay...but I feel really awkward and out of sorts today, for no real reason. Little things that should mean nothing are bothering me and causing me to re-evaluate some relationship stuff. I wish the doom and gloom feeling in the pit of my stomach would go away... :( And somehow, neither of my mates seem to even register that something is off.

Last edited:
Been really down this past week. Seems like just about everything at home is annoying me/coming apart. Work has been a very needed stable element in my life.

Also, LoveLeigh and I split a few days ago. It was no ones fault, and we're still friends, but it still is a little shocking and hurts. The only thing I'm thankful for is that I had not fallen in love with her yet. That would of torn me up but good. I might be a bit of a hopeless romantic at heart.

Bronchitis has been kicking my butt this week, but I did manage to get the bulbs and seeds planted we got for Easter. Wendigo has it too, so we're trying to figure out a day/ time when we're well enough to take Runic Wolf out to see the new Avengers movie for his birthday.

Other than that, I'm wishing I knew what went wrong between him and Loveliegh, we all seemed to click so well. I'm respecting his wishes not to talk about it and letting him process. Wish I wasn't so sick so that I could be of more of a comfort.

Coming down with a cold so feeling physically drained. BUT...got a lovely double-spooning snuggle with both of my boys (I LOVE being in the middle) so feeling pretty cherished right now...(then we all fell asleep for various lengths of time - I am just thrilled that we can be so comfortable with each other).

Had a fun time at the movies with Runic Wolf and Wendigo then came back to the house to talk about what we enjoyed. Wendigo is a very quiet movie watcher, he just leans back and takes it all in while Runic Wolf was whispering in my ear from time to time.

The rest of the night was not so great. Wendigo told me that he thinks we need to take a break, possibly a permanent break. He thinks he's being noble, taking a step back from our physical relationship because he thinks he's being unfair to Runic Wolf. Whether or not we'll be able to convince him otherwise remains to be seen, but for now I have to accept that our relationship is changing.

Right now I'm just sitting with my feelings. It hurts, but we're still best friends and taking the physical part of our relationship away won't change a whole lot. Still, it really sucks because it was completely out of the blue. :(

The rest of the night was not so great. Wendigo told me that he thinks we need to take a break, possibly a permanent break. He thinks he's being noble, taking a step back from our physical relationship because he thinks he's being unfair to Runic Wolf. Whether or not we'll be able to convince him otherwise remains to be seen, but for now I have to accept that our relationship is changing.

Right now I'm just sitting with my feelings. It hurts, but we're still best friends and taking the physical part of our relationship away won't change a whole lot. Still, it really sucks because it was completely out of the blue. :(

Hugs!

That this was completely out of the blue, tells me that there may be more going on with him than what he was willing or able to verbalize.

Going in for a hysterectomy tomorrow. Oddly enough, I'm excited about getting it done and over with. I've had moments of sadness, but considering the damn thing tried to kill me last month (after my blood work came back, the ER staff was checking on me every 15 min or more), I'm ready to be rid of it.

And I'm off on the road again. I get to spend all next week in Ottawa. We'll see if there's any poly's there that are game for random coffee or something...I think the timing is off for the organized events.

Doing pretty good actually, if a bit sunburned from the day battle yesterday. Spent Friday and Saturday with my guys. We had a few drinks to relax and played video games on Friday night, then yesterday me up with the rest of our unit for a day battle.

Today is going good was well. Wendigo and I had spent a few weeks searching the internet for the perfect birthday present for Runic Wolf. We finally found it a couple months ago; a Thor's hammer pendant with our unit insignia (the iron cross) stamped into it. I've been waiting impatiently to give it to him and today I finally did. :D Wendigo and I are both very pleased with ourselves that he likes it.

Tonight we're celebrating mother's day and Runic Wolf's birthday with pizza and cake at his mom's house and possibly renting a movie. :D

Wishing we were fully poly right now, as I'm out of commission sex wise for about 6 weeks(not to mention the prior 4 weeks of feeling crappy) I'm feeling sorry for my husband. I guess I'm going to have to learn some new techniques :D. It was husband's BFF that sat with me in the hospital for 2 days and with my husband during the procedure. Due to complications, a 4 hour wait turned into 10.

SN ....How are you feeling? are you doing ok now??? Is that the normal recovery time?

Sourgirl has always said never underestimate the power of a sloppy blow job :D
I pretty sure she knows what she talking about.....:eek:

Take care of yourself D

SN ....How are you feeling? are you doing ok now??? Is that the normal recovery time?

I'm doing OK, patience is not my strong suit. I over did it yesterday and paid for it last night, not going to do that again. While I think the 6 week time frame is overly cautious, I'm not going to argue or question. It seems to be a standard recovery time.

Sourgirl has always said never underestimate the power of a sloppy blow job :D

Yeah, I've just gotten complacent over the years and need to get way more creative. I think I've been "resting" too much, although it may do wonders for my sex life down the road.

Last edited:
Back