Poly Triad new to forums, looking for a community

polywindsor

Hey there we are a poly triad (one male two females) my husband and I started poly 6 months ago when we added our third to our family. In the mean time we have moved in together and now she is expecting my husbands child (an oops but a good oops). So we are navigating the waters, and somewhat blindly I may add so my hopes are we can find likeminded people here who are or have delt with the things we are facing. Please feel free to send us messages as we will try to share what we have learned and hopefully meet some people. Thanks guys. Xoxo *Amy, Case,Jess

glad it is a good opps, congrats to you all. Hope all is going well for you and please keep us all updated on your progress. My wife and I have the opposite v with her having a "second husband" that lives with us. So far we are doing well although we are struggling with splitting time so it is fair for all involved. We are all old friends so that helps a lot. He and I are not involved sexually so that makes time splitting sometime a problem but we think we have it figured out....at least for the short term. How do you split time with him? Do you have any issues between the 3 of you?

Welcome

Welcome to the forum! It's a wealth of great resources, I've learned so much reading through the posts. Keep us updated....I'd love to hear your dynamics.

glad it is a good opps, congrats to you all. Hope all is going well for you and please keep us all updated on your progress. My wife and I have the opposite v with her having a "second husband" that lives with us. So far we are doing well although we are struggling with splitting time so it is fair for all involved. We are all old friends so that helps a lot. He and I are not involved sexually so that makes time splitting sometime a problem but we think we have it figured out....at least for the short term. How do you split time with him? Do you have any issues between the 3 of you?

Hey there; I'm so glad to see others have similar issues. Yes we have problems with time management as well. I agree it helps, Jess is my bff so I don't mind too much, but its usually the three of us together. We still fight the green eyed monster quite a bit, especially me, even though I don't want to I find myself sometimes jealous.... So that's what I'm working on. What I have found works well is setting time for you and her, him and her, him and him (even just the boys time) and all three of you that way ur nurturing all relationships.... I know easier said then done....

Welcome to the forum! It's a wealth of great resources, I've learned so much reading through the posts. Keep us updated....I'd love to hear your dynamics.

Hey there we have a different dynamic, its quite comical actually, but wee are still wading through some normal emotions. I'd love to blog if you guys have a section for that. I am kind of a computer dummy! Lol... (Hank you for any help u can send my way!!!

Thank u so much. I love our dynamic and crazy life, its quite comical, I'd love to blog /journal if there is a section for that. I am kind of a computer dummy :( lol... Any help would be great... I am enjoying the articles and learning quite a bit which is wonderful! Thank u for any guidance....

I'd love to blog /journal if there is a section for that.

There is! There are a few ways to get to it but you can use the "Forum Jump" feature in the bottom right of the screen to get there.

Glad to have you with us!:)

JaneQ

Hi and welcome.

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate! New gf, just moved in, with a baby on the way!

If you, Amy, are going to be posting and blogging on this account, good. It is highly recommended if your partner(s) are going to be posting, they create separate accounts. Posting as "we" is extremely confusing for the members to read or respond to.

I'll be interested to read your blog about your journey and especially how it all shakes out with the pregnancy and birth and "adding a fourth" to your triad!

Greetings Amy,
Welcome to our forum.

Just curious, do you have any kids already, or is this one with Jess going to be your first? If so, buckle up and hang on tight, a newborn is a tremendous challenge. It will help to have three adults pitching in.

The Life stories and blogs board can be found at:
http://www.polyamory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Your story will be well-read there.

If you have any questions or concerns that need addressed, try our Poly Relationships Corner or General Poly Discussions board.

It is good to have you aboard.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back