Hiya

Lithandaz

Just wanted to say hi and introduce ourselves. We are new to poly.and we are excited to make this choice in our lives. It has always felt right. But we are also open to suggestions and feedback. A little advice on how I can make my posts approachable, I'm not good with wording that well lol. Thank you. And hi again lol

Much love
Jen

Greetings Jen,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Glad both of you's guys could join us. ;) I'll give you the first advice I'd give to any poly newbie: Learn all you can about doing lots and lots of quality communication! It can make all the difference in the world. No assumptions! That's my motto. Always get confirmation of what you "think" (assume) the other person thinks.

How to make your posts approachable? Heh heh heh. Lots and lots of practice. And hey bonus, you're getting practice at communication while you're at it. :D I think your style is just fine, though, it's conversational which sets your reader at ease. I hear that J.R.R. Tolkien wrote his epic novels by recording himself telling the story on tape first, then writing from the tape. Thus, he ensured that he'd make the reader comfortable by being conversational. So pretend we're all sitting together at a restaurant sharing drinks, and let your thoughts flow from there.

Of course lots of reading will help too, and there's no shortage of that to do on Polyamory.com ... So dig in, and post your thoughts and feelings whensoever the muse doth strike.

Warmly,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back