Long-term Polys Looking to Learn More

ZeroDrakken

Hey, everybody, I've been reading around here for a little while but figure I might as well introduce myself, and what better place than "Introductions", right?

My wife and I started dating when we were in our teens (we're late 20's/early 30's now), and are now married with a 2 year old. We've always been open minded and poly-inclined, but never really have done anything proactive with it - we've generally had "permission" to do whatever we want as long as we're open and honest about everything, and we did (briefly) have another person that we shared (it helps that my wife and our mutual friend are both bi), but we've never really... bothered with labels, researched things online, or sought out people.

Until now.

I recently had a bit of a revelation about my own personal unhappiness - mainly that I'm tired of being a spectator in my own life. Up until now, I've mostly put myself into situations where things *could* happen, but not actually doing anything to initiate things with anybody, and then been upset afterwards because nothing did happen. I attribute it in part to the fact that I am really, really out of practice flirting and dating, but also to the fact that I have gotten into the habit of not doing anything that I actually "want" to do, up to and including pursuing some additional relationship fun.

Part of breaking that habit has been seeking out websites - like this one - and learning about other people and their journeys and experiences so my wife and I can do this even better... and maybe meet some people in the process.

So... hi! Any recommendations on where we should start?

Back