Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Spirituality & Polyamory

Notices

Old 10-24-2018, 04:26 PM

Default Biblical Sexuality

As I mentioned in my Introduction I have been married for 41 years , 24 years open.

As a person who has a living faith and is highly sexual Iv'e struggled to understand the Biblical dynamics on sexuality. In the past 10 years I have read many great books on the subject, the best being "Sexual Liberation & the scandal of christendom.

Although the above book was a real eye opener, a lot of it was hard work to wade through. In my opinion what was needed was a small simple easy to ready book that would help those with a living faith understand what the Bible actually says about sexuality.

For a free PDF copy of my new book: Biblical Sexuality, PM me your email and I will be pleased to send you a FREE copy.

Terry

Last edited by apexcone; 10-24-2018 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:47 PM
Official Greeter

Hi Terry,
Biblical Sexuality sounds like a good book, I hope you'll get quite a few readers.

Regards,
Kevin T.
Old 10-24-2018, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
Hi Terry,
Biblical Sexuality sounds like a good book, I hope you'll get quite a few readers.

Regards,
Kevin T.
apexcone: Banned.

Woops! That didn't last long! Hmm....
Old 10-24-2018, 11:01 PM

apexcone:

Okay, I guess one of the mods hit the wrong button by mistake? hmm....
Old 10-24-2018, 11:08 PM

"Biblical Sexuality" is an interesting phrase. I suppose what it ultimately refers to depend upon what folks take the Bible to be, to begin with. For some, the Bible is the unerring "word of god". For others, it's an intriguing historical artifact that had an immense influence on history but which is no more "the word of god" than any novel or poem.

What is the Bible, anyway?
Old 10-25-2018, 02:15 AM

Biblical sexuality... so much euphemism. Pretty sure Naomi didn't instruct Ruth to make a beeline for Boaz' actual feet.

Guest stars: Mike, Lance, Hermit, Magus, Shakespeare, Siege, Tech, Chalk and Cheese.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexcone View Post
those with a living faith
I'm guessing that you're referring specifically to Christians since you also reference The Bible, although Judaism is based on the Old Testament, which is also The Bible. There are quite a few faiths in the world, both organized and individual - presumably, all of them living. "Those with a living faith" might apply to every person who has a spiritual experience of life, not just people who have a Christian perspective. Wondering what this means.

Last edited by FallenAngelina; 10-25-2018 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-28-2018, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenAngelina View Post
I'm guessing that you're referring specifically to Christians since you also reference The Bible, although Judaism is based on the Old Testament, which is also The Bible. There are quite a few faiths in the world, both organized and individual - presumably, all of them living. "Those with a living faith" might apply to every person who has a spiritual experience of life, not just people who have a Christian perspective. Wondering what this means.
Bazinga!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 65)
Pixi (poly, F, 43) my partner since January 2009, cohabiting
"Maestro" (mono, M, 39), Pixi's bf since April 2013, co-primary
Old 10-29-2018, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Bazinga!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u85u2ymDl8M
Old 12-23-2018, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
What is the Bible, anyway?
The question I ended up focusing on was who wrote the Bible.

There's some outstanding work on who wrote the Hebrew Bible, I would separate that from who wrote the Christian Bible. The so-called Old and New Testament, as Christians refer to them.

Beginning in 325 CE with the Council of Nicea called by Emperor Constantine, Rome's purpose was to impose a state religion on the people.

The reason for this was to divide the Empire, every square inch, into Catholic Parishes where all people had to register in the Parish Registry: their names, where they lived, occupations, ages, sexes, etc. That way you could organize tax collection, raise armies, spread propaganda, and you have the Priest doing confessionals as a means of collecting the best kind of information for extortion and political espionage.

Constantine didn't give a shit what the people believed. He just told all the Bishops they must have one Bible, one belief, uniform across the Empire. So a series of Ecumenical Councils were held between 325 and the 370's or so when the final Canon as we know it was ossified.

Prior to that Christianity was run amok with everyone making up their own Gospels and Books. Gospels of Thomas, Mary, Judas, etc. With Jesus living to old age having five children, riding a Phoenix, banging Mary Magdeline, and all manner of fun stuff.

So they banned all of those, burned the books, and killed people who mentioned them. Nevertheless we've discovered them in archeaological digs like Nag Hammadi and can read them again.

The Bible of today is not Christianity. It is the dictatorship imposed by the Romans upon pain of death, and their purpose was not spirituality but administrative control and espionage upon the people of the Empire.

The Hebrew Bible, that is fascinating as a merger of Northern and Southern Kingdom traditions. One was polytheist. One monotheist. You see their creation stories appearing one right after the other in Genesis. Two sets of Ten Commandments. Christians are so ignorant of their own Bible they don't know about all these "doublets" that radically contradict one another.

That's why they outlawed anything but Latin for Bibles. So that only the clergy could read them. So nobody knew.

Once the printing press was invented, you could not control production of Bibles as you could with scribes and such limited copies in circulation. It shattered Christianity with the Protestant Reformation. Confession was found to be nowhere in the Bible, so this was eliminated from Protestant practices for example.

In either case though, the Hebrew and Christian Bibles, it was the victors politically that produced the "Canon". The most savage conquerer, wow that Hebrew fellow really hated polytheism and smashed incredible numbers of idols, raised churches, etc. Forgot his name.

But in the Christian case, it was Rome. And the arch-villain in that whole story is the Bishop Eusebius, who sat at Constantines right hand at that first great Council of Nicea in 325. He forged the most important passage Christians use as "proof" there was contemporary evidence for Jesus existing. There is none, but that forgery, known as the Testimonium Flavianum, forged by the Bishop Eusebius.

So these are not only war criminals by Nuremburg standards but forgers and weavers of tales that are internally inconsistent. It explains why you can quote the Bible for just about any purpose you want including incest, war, or Victorian Era neuroticism and peace.

Thus, however the so-called Bible covers any topic is immediatly suspect as the writing is merged traditions under political compromise and control. In that first Council of 325, one of the more important matters was voting that if you cut your own nuts off to be a Eunuch, then you could not be a Christian. Someone else had to cut your nuts off.

So I don't put much stock into the notion of Biblical Sexuality.

Last edited by MayDecember; 12-23-2018 at 07:02 AM.