Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 06-14-2020, 08:33 AM

Quote:
The object of the game is to see who can Google the most statistics on whether the Black Lives Matter problem is just all in my imagination.
When you argue with the prejudiced, you will always lose. They hold their beliefs too dear.

Wanna do Dry July with me? I'm seriously contemplating it this year, if nothing but to save money.

Well done on the night guard. I've been noticing I've been clenching my teeth even more this past week. Not fully grinding, but certainly enough to make my muscles sore. I already have one side of my face significantly bigger in the jaw muscle than the other, it sucks to be this asymmetrical.

Guest stars: Mike, Lance, Hermit, Magus, Shakespeare, Siege, Tech, Chalk and Cheese.

Last edited by Evie; 06-14-2020 at 08:42 AM.
Old 06-14-2020, 07:20 PM
Official Greeter

Default 12:20 p.m., Sunday the 14th

Hi Evie, whassup.

I've now made it four nights in a row ... going for five ...

Many years ago, I developed some extreme soreness in my jaw from all the clenching. The soreness has receded, but I still clench and grind. Particularly at night. It's a side effect of being stressed-out all the time.

My alcohol commitment is to only drink when someone gives me a drink and SB okays it. There are exceptions to that, particularly my birthday and Christmas. I wouldn't want to go a whole month without drinking, but I wish you well on your Dry July endeavors. We had drinks with dinner a couple of nights ago. It was mighty fine.

That prejudiced guy seems to have backed off a bit, although I haven't checked Facebook today so who knows if he's got his second wind. He's prejudiced and he's downright mean. He likes to smack talk, his way of challenging liberal bleeding hearts like me to a duel. Going by his avatar, he appears to be a Marine, of young age. I definitely couldn't change his opinions. But, for the benefit of other folks who may come across that thread, I make the sacrifice. My entries in it are getting lots of likes ...

BH and I watched the first two episodes of Better Call Saul Season Five last night. This concludes my riport.
Old 06-15-2020, 10:49 PM
Official Greeter

Default 3:49 p.m., Monday the 15th

Five ... going for six. I probably won't post about that going forward, I'm hoping I've established the habit.

I think the prejudiced guy is done fighting me. He hadn't posted anything new yesterday. Sigh, one less thing, right?

Dinner last night was (vegetarian) chili over a potato, with toppings (cheese, onions, jalapeņos). One of my favorites. We didn't watch anything. BH was feeling a bit ill after he and SB got back yesterday. (They went out for their anniversary.) They ate lunch at a place called Farm to Table and BH said it was really good, he wants me to try it in the future.

Tonight SB has a thing for Eddie at Argus Ranch, late-ish. She and I will eat dinner early (at 4:30 p.m.?) before she leaves (at 6:00 p.m.?), she'll get us takeout from El Rey Burro (yay!). BH will get takeout for himself on his way home. That's the plan anyway.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:15 PM
Official Greeter

Default 4:15 p.m., Tuesday the 16th

As it turned out, SB ordered something for BH too. He had tacos. I had my usual, their veggie burrito -- really good. SB had, what she called, something "like an open-face burrito." BH got home shortly before SB left. We didn't watch anything. As far as I know, BH isn't feeling ill anymore. This concludes my riport.
Old 06-19-2020, 12:23 AM
Official Greeter

Default 5:23 p.m., Thursday the 18th

So, BH is still working for Lowe's, but he no longer does deliveries. Now he is working in receiving. Which he doesn't seem to mind so far, the only bad thing is, he took a pay cut. He has a manager that wants to help him, so, maybe he'll get a raise?

SB went to see the oral surgeon today, not sure what he was going to do, but I'd say she's been gone longer than expected. Ope! She just got home.

That's all I have to tell you for today.
Old 06-19-2020, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
I had a dentist appointment yesterday. I did good as far as not having any cavities. Not so good as far as my grinding is concerned. I've got to do better about wearing my nightguard every night. That's one thing I hate about starting up with a new dentist; I always have to deal with their shock when they see how ground down my back teeth are. The crowns I once had back there are now gone.

On our way back from the dentist, we stopped at Subway to pick up dinner. Tonight we are having a tuna casserole. After dinner I am going to brush and put my nightguard in. I've got to, I've just got to.
Feeling you on the teeth grinding/nightguard thing - I an terrible at wearing my nightguard and my dentist has a fit every visit at how much I have lost (I never had crowns but big fillings in my back molars). I've tried a couple of night guards that fit on my top teeth but, something away that I breath at night (I have sleep apnea and don't wear my CPAP either!) means that my mouth gets super dry when I wear them. This time I got one that molds to my LOWER teeth and this seems to work better - but I am still bad at it.

I should have an incentive - my teeth are now more sensitive when I chew, but Dude found me a toothpaste (Sensodyne Repair and Restore - which isn't, apparently, sold in stores here in the states) that seems to help. (Weird thing is that you are not supposed to rinse it out - which is hard to remember!)

PS. Tuna Casserole is my FAVORITE comfort food - too bad the boys don't like it!
SLeW: platonic hetero girlfriend and BFF
+ "others" = FBs, FWBs, lover-friends, platonic G/BFs, boytoys, etc.

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe
Old 06-19-2020, 05:32 PM
Official Greeter

Default 10:32 a.m., Friday the 19th

The tuna casserole we have is okay, but not a favorite for me. It's mostly tuna and rice, with green beans, and what I think are fried breaded onion pieces on top.

I'm still doing much better about brushing and putting my bite guard in. It goes on my top teeth, I don't think I would like one to go on my bottom teeth. I don't mind wearing the one I have, I just don't like brushing.

I have slight apnea, but not enough to wear a CPAP, thank gods. They did a sleep test on me to determine that. Like, over seven years ago.

I have a special restoring mouthwash for when I brush. I rinse with it at the very end, and leave it without rinsing with water. I do get good reviews when I'm at the dentist, about how clean they say my teeth are.

This concludes my riport.
Old 06-20-2020, 08:50 PM
Official Greeter

Default 1:50 p.m., Saturday the 20th

Happy summer solstice everyone.

BH and SB left earlier today, I think to go to the beach, where SB is doing some crabbing. I was not invited, so I'm stuck in the house, and I don't get to drink the bottle of vodka that's in the fridge.

Last night, BH and I watched the third and fourth episodes of Better Call Saul Season Five.
Old 06-20-2020, 09:47 PM

Happy Winter solstice, Kevin! From the cold and dark antipodes xx

Guest stars: Mike, Lance, Hermit, Magus, Shakespeare, Siege, Tech, Chalk and Cheese.
Old 06-21-2020, 07:21 PM
Official Greeter

Default 12:21 p.m., Sunday the 21st

Oh crap, I forgot to take the Southern Hemisphere into account. Sorry about that. Happy winter solstice to you too Evie!

Last night, BH and I watched S5E5.

Tags
alzheimer's, asperger's, atheist, brainwashing, ex-mormon, experience, journal, living together, mormon, moving, personal stories, vanilla, vee, vee dynamics