Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 01-25-2019, 01:09 AM
Official Greeter

Default 5:09 p.m., Thursday the 24th

Yesterday BH and SB were gone for about four hours. After they got home, SB and I had leftover Mexican stew for dinner, and BH had a salad. We then watched two OItNB episodes, plus BH and I then watched a GoT episode. Today, BH has been painting the back room; SB took me to get a haircut, plus we stopped at the local paint store to get some advice. SB then had to do some work from home, something got messed up at work and the people there didn't know how to fix it.

I don't know whether BH/SB have tomorrow off. SB said that BH will work on Saturday. That's all I can think of to tell you today.
Old 01-25-2019, 09:10 PM
Official Greeter

Default 1:10 p.m., Friday the 25th

Luckily we ate out for dinner yesterday. At a place nearby, Mr. Doug's. Alas, we probably won't eat out tonight, we'll probably have leftovers. Or maybe I can eat a salad. Last night, we did not watch anything, as Snowbunny had to work today. Brother-Husband is off today, while tomorrow will be the reverse, SB will be off and BH will be at work. Which is typical for a Saturday.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:06 PM
Official Greeter

Default 2:06 p.m., Monday the 28th

So over the weekend, we three watched the final three episodes of Orange Is the New Black Season Six. There is supposed to be one more (final) season, but it is not out yet. Meanwhile, Snowbunny is thinking she will cancel our Netflix streaming account. Apparently there are other ways to get OItNB episodes without the Netflix account, and SB is bummed about the cost of Netflix.

It looks like we are going to get a dog. Snowbunny wants it for the barking, to deter would-be home invaders, and it seems hopeful that our more playful and snuggly cat would enjoy the dog's company. BH and SB are going to do an overnight road trip to Oregon to acquire a male Russell Terrier puppy, name to be decided. Not sure when that will happen, possibly this coming weekend, Brother-Husband has Saturday off. (Or is that next Saturday?) One hopeful thing is that this dog is trained to use the litter box. So maybe I won't have to take him out on walks?

Dinner last night was takeout from a fairly new Thai place in town, the Red Lantern. We've sat down there to eat before, but the service was really poor, so that's why we do takeout from there now. The food is good. I had (my usual) yellow curry with potatoes (sweet and white), carrots, onions, and tofu. Sounds pretty good, doesn't it. Don't know what we'll have for dinner tonight.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:40 PM
Official Greeter

Default 2:40 p.m., Tuesday the 29th

I'm pretty sure that this weekend is when BH and SB will go and get the puppy. I looked at BH's work schedule and he definitely has this Saturday off. (SB has just about all Saturdays off.) Our gray cat (Rainee) is like me in that change can be difficult for her. Things will be different once the puppy is here, I hope Rainee will adjust okay. I'm sure she will hiss at the puppy. She likes to sleep on my bed at night, I hope the puppy won't inadvertently chase her off.

Dinner last night was microwaved burritos (plus slices of avocado). After dinner, the three of us went to a couple of stores to buy stuff for the puppy. We did not watch anything. BH and SB both work today (and tomorrow thru Friday).
Old 01-30-2019, 09:52 PM
Official Greeter

Default 1:52 p.m., Wednesday the 30th

SB was somewhat late getting home, she had a dentist appointment after work. She picked up dinner at Subway, I got my usual, a tuna wrap. We did not watch anything on TV.

I could really use two bottles of Irish cream right now. Just sayin' ...
Old 01-31-2019, 10:46 PM
Official Greeter

Default 2:46 p.m., Thursday the 31st

A big box was delivered today, it was addressed to SB so I didn't open it, I just left it on the table. It was really heavy, it might be litter for the dog, or maybe it's dogfood.

Last night dinner was fish sticks and tater tots. We spent some time thinking of what name we'll call the dog around the house. (The dog will also have a big long formal name, as he is purebred.) Last I heard, we were leaning towards Chester. About a half an hour later, BH and I watched the final episode of GoT Season Two. We've borrowed the first two seasons from FNG, I assume now that we'll return them and borrow the next two seasons, but I don't know if that will happen today.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:37 PM
Official Greeter

Default 2:37 p.m., Friday the 1st

It was litter (for the dog). And tomorrow is when BH and SB will go to pick up the puppy. They will leave early tomorrow morning, and get back sometime tomorrow night. SB estimates they will do 13 hours of driving round trip. The owner lives in California and will meet them halfway, in Oregon. The puppy is three months old.

Dinner last night was salad, chicken (turkey?), potato salad, and coleslaw. And apple pie for dessert. All was made/prepared at the store, except the salad I think. Not sure what dinner tonight will be, probably leftovers and/or TV dinners. I can't remember, SB might have another dentist appointment today, and might get home late. We didn't watch anything last night, and probably won't tonight either.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:31 AM
Official Greeter

Default 5:31 p.m., Saturday the 2nd

SB called me a little before 4:30 p.m., and let me know, they have the puppy, and are on their way home. They will probably get here in a couple of hours, and will bring takeout from El Rey Burro for dinner. Good news so far, he is a very calm puppy, mostly sleeping while in the car. He is a handsome feller, SB is in love with him, I probably will be too (and I'm sure BH is). I guess my top concern is, I selfishly hope he'll successfully use his litter box all the time. If he has an accident while BH and SB are at work, I'll have to clean up the mess. Not much can be done about that. I kind of feel bad for him, he will be coming home to a totally foreign environment, hopefully he will adjust. We haven't quite picked out a name yet, possibly we're thinking Chip or Eddie.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:02 PM
Official Greeter

Default 3:02 p.m., Sunday the 3rd

Aaaand, the bad news. He is not going in his litter box. Instead, he is pissing and shitting all over the place. Sometimes if we're lucky he'll go when he's outside, but that's as good as it gets. I'm assuming we'll get him trained eventually, but I don't know how long that'll take. Snowbunny has the next two days off, and Brother-Husband has all the weekdays off this week for jury duty. But it's just a matter of time before the only person in the house who can clean up his messes will be me. Yeah, I'm selfish that way.

For me at least, the litter box issue is a BFD. But I'll grant you, in every other way he is an endearing puppy. Very cheerful and friendly. Energetic, but careful and considerate when approached by one of the cats. Lady has not worked up the nerve to approach him, but Rainee has approached him many times, and the two have gave each other many nose kisses. Lady is slowly getting braver, but she's not quite there yet.

As far as I can tell, he's had no problem adjusting to his new environment. He seems to love it here, he is excited to be here. We still haven't picked out a name for him. Being discussed are Dexter, Chester, Eddie, and Chip.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:46 PM

I know people used to keep the puppy in the kitchen until housebroken, with newspapers on the floor for ease of clean up. Sounds like you are going to be the one to follow Puppy around to train him!

Leetah

Last edited by Leetah; 02-04-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Tags
alzheimer's, asperger's, atheist, brainwashing, ex-mormon, experience, journal, living together, mormon, moving, personal stories, vanilla, vee, vee dynamics