Home purchase in triad..

calypsoblu

I have a question and I hope you gals n guys can help me out. I am in a triad, myself (f) and two guys. One of the men is my legal husband. We have been talking about finding a bigger home, so, my question is, how to go about financing in both guys names if possible. What are others experiences with this situation?

you just go apply for mortgages with whomever's income and credit profile makes the most sense. The bank doesn't care about what goes on between your legs. They care about getting their money.

No personal experience with owning a home with our Vee - our primary home is in my name only. I do own a second property with my two sisters - which wasn't a problem but no mortgage/loan was involved. You may want to look into forming a LLC...

JaneQ

Yeah, the bank doesn't care about the relationship among the people buying the house. Friends can buy property together, family members, business partners, whatever. What matters is how you decide to hold the title. I know in CA married folks tend to hold property in joint tenancy unless they make an effort to change it. I don't know about community property laws in AZ, but you should be able to stipulate how you all want to hold title on the house.

I would be careful with that because, as I recall, Arizona has laws against "fornication" and "adultery" that do technically include polyamory. I seriously doubt they're enforced with any degree of eagerness but it's still a potential problem that you should keep in mind.

I'd talk to a lawyer first before signing any legal paperwork.

The bigamy laws in some states are written such that it can be considered bigamy if you "act as though you are married" with more than one person. I'm not 100% sure with Arizona which is why I recommend seeking legal advice.

House title/bank paperwork/two names only

Believe it was in the book 'Opening Up' where it was mentioned that most banks' loan paperwork only has space/lines to sign of two owners.

As stated above they don't care where the money comes from but the legal ownership will on be under the two who signed the paperwork unless you three create an LLC or such.

Good advice above....

Back