are there lesbian polygamists??

ceejay

I am a lesbian and I have been very drawn to the idea of a polyamorus lifestyle. Where do I find a community like this? Am I one of very few??

There is a thread on the "general discussion" forum that might help. No you are not alone. There have been many come and gone here. I have a friend that is lesbain and poly. Not polygamist, but poly. Not sure I get your thread title.

hiya, idk how many communities there are really, you know us les-folk like to make searching for information as difficult as possible. ive been in a les poly relationship for the last year (long distance at that). i know we have all gotten alot of helpful info from the forums here that we have been able to apply to our lives. i guess see whats around your area, straight or gay, as far as poly groups even if you cant find one that is mainly lgbt you will still be able to find support. i know its not much but its always a place to start and of course search here :) sorry i cant be more helpful:)

Surely any group you find will have at least bisexual and pansexual women and men in it? The diversity abounds in poly groups as far as I have noticed. If you can't find a group near you, putting the word out and make your own. You could meet at a quiet and private coffee shop or something to see who shows up who's like minded. Really that's the most important part first and foremost no? That you meet poly people? Its usually then that the dating pool expands and friendships grow.

I've found my local poly group to be LGBTQ friendly - there are a number of bisexual or pansexual women involved in the group, including myself. However, there does not seem to be at least locally a lesbian poly communinity or group. It may be the numbers are too few to really coalesce as a separate community. Or I have not found them yet!

Geez, it would be really sad for me if the lesbain poly community here became an exclusive group. I identified as such for 10 years, married the whole bit. Part of why I love my community is the diversity and the mentality that gender differences, sexuality differences etc. are not as important as coming together because our loving styles (identity) are similar.

Back