Insert Witty Title Here - A Story by Kyle

Rymmare and I have had several heart-to-hearts recently. The best one was yesterday. She told me she felt like everyone else gets happy Kyle, and she gets sad panda Kyle. She feels like she doesn't make me happy and that I'm using poly as an excuse to go find happiness while staying in the relationship so I can support her and the kids.

UNFORTUNATELY, especially for your partner, it can be the support of your partner that allows you to be happy around everyone else.

I will strive to do a better job of showing her that.

Good for you!:D

UNFORTUNATELY, especially for your partner, it can be the support of your partner that allows you to be happy around everyone else.

Good for you!:D

Thanks! I did a pretty shitty job of it at first today but was able to save myself. I wish she saw it like you did. When she's sad it makes it impossible for me to get it off my mind and enjoy myself. So the very thing she worries about isn't happening.

Edit: to clarify, I worry about her so much I can't enjoy myself. It's not her fault.

I wish she saw it like you did. When she's sad it makes it impossible for me to get it off my mind and enjoy myself. So the very thing she worries about isn't happening.

Oh trust me, I don't always see it that way :eek:. Then again, I'm usually the one where you are. It's like we walk through the front door and all our defenses drop and the crap that's weighing on us hits like a ton of bricks and the depression sets in. This is a recent revelation for me and I've found that it does help when I remember that I do have someone supporting me and I'm not facing whatever it is alone. Give her credit for being your support when you feel like your crumbling.

Oh trust me, I don't always see it that way :eek:. Then again, I'm usually the one where you are. It's like we walk through the front door and all our defenses drop and the crap that's weighing on us hits like a ton of bricks and the depression sets in. This is a recent revelation for me and I've found that it does help when I remember that I do have someone supporting me and I'm not facing whatever it is alone. Give her credit for being your support when you feel like your crumbling.

This is it exactly! When I am out or when we are at a party or whatever and it's not just us sitting at home, I forget that I have a huge bill due or that I have to repair the sink or whatever. I'm not sad because I'm around her! Thank you.

You're right. I need to remember she's there for me. I'm going to tell her what you said and try to keep this in my head when it's just her and me and there's no distractions.

Sunday - Lost in Transit

It's 2 AM on a Sunday, and I'm beginning to wonder if I made a mistake by switching to these new hours. I recently decided to switch to a 4x10 schedule that was also 3rd shift. Upside: More time at home when my kids are awake. Downside: More time at home when my kids are awake. Haha, just kidding. The downside is that I. am. BORED! There is nothing going on at this hour. Nothing. No one to talk to (except from one of my friends that works at this time, but come on, him and I can only talk about so much stuff). This is my first day and it's already boring as hell (and I'm busy!). I can't imagine what a slow day is going to be like. Pretty brutal I imagine.

I've got 5 hours to go from this point, which means I've already been here for 5. Holy God...

So, what this blog is really all about. I've felt less inclined to post here lately. I don't know why. I imagine it's partly to do with my natural tendency to fall in and out of hobbies quickly. It's also probably got a lot to do with me needing constant feedback. It sounds needy, but if you guys don't respond, I feel like no one cares and so I don't post any more, which means you guys respond less. Ha. I've got issues.

DragonTattoo and I have been talking a lot more lately. BandGeek and Rymmare have hung out without DragonTattoo and I around to interfere, and things looked like they were improving quite a bit. Rymmare confided in me that she's still feeling very anxious about the whole situation. I understand, and this time I held my tongue with DragonTattoo. I feel dishonest by doing it, because I don't like hiding ANYTHING but Rymmare is right. I need to not do that. So I'm letting her handle it in her way.

Friday night the four of us went to see a movie. I happened to snag the seat right in between the two girls (not intentional, but I'm glad it worked out that way) and ended up holding both of their hands. I felt unlike I had ever felt, ever. I can't even express how wonderful it was.

Rymmare experienced an anxiety/panic attack due to one of the scenes in the movie (in hindsight, it wasn't a great choice of movie knowing that she had been having mini-attacks over the last week or so) so after the movie left we went home instead of hanging out with them longer, as we had originally planned.

After we got home, but before we went to sleep, I told Rymmare that it was important to me that BandGeek and DragonTattoo stay in our lives as friends. That it was more important to me than them being a relationship. So if she wasn't feeling things with BandGeek, it was important she tell him so that the friendships aren't risked. I want nothing more than to be with DragonTattoo (except for being with Rymmare obviously! she's my wife and I love her to death) but losing her entirely would seriously impact my ability to be happy, whereas losing her as a prospective girlfriend would probably hurt, but I'd be able to move on.

I hate this in-between crap. I hate not knowing which way to go, or worrying about Rymmare's relationship not working because it impacts mine. Downside to polyamory I guess! I just get along with both DragonTattoo and BandGeek so well that I wish it wouldn't need to be a "well, we're a package deal" situation. I totally get that, but I hate it. I'm pressing forward, and hoping that it works in my favor. Like the quote in my signature, if I don't, I'll regret it forever, but if I try and get shot down, well, I can live with that.

In other news, Rymmare and I attended a few BDSM events. We went more for the opportunity to meet new people as friends (and because she's into BDSM, well... more than I am anyway) but it turns out that there are a lot of poly people in our particular scene. We went from not knowing anyone to knowing tons of people! It was a pretty awesome time. I learned that I am infatuated with rope. I'm also damn good at tying knots apparently. I've learned about 6 in just a couple hours of watching videos online. Not only that, but they look fairly decent when tied, which surprised me considering some people take years to learn how to properly tie the knots. I'm still learning the logistics of getting the rope to stay where you put them on someone, but hey, I'm no master, and I'm enjoying practicing.

Rymmare has opened up greatly since the party. She's learned that she's definitely a sub, enjoys pain, and seeks my constant attention, affection, and protection. This is magnificant, because it's how I've always wanted to be with her, and she's spent so long trying to be someone she wasn't, that we missed out on this. We have years to spend with one another, though, so I'm not going to regret that lost time. I'm going to enjoy the future for what it is.

I guess the point of all of this is that I am SO happy being with Rymmare, and how far she's coming, and how far we've come. I know that for anyone reading this blog up to this point, it wouldn't seem as so, but literally so much has changed that I can't even begin to recount it all.

Rymmare, if you read this: I love you. All of you. <3

Back