This was a little awkward

Centauress

My husband and I just started talking seriously about opening our marriage to other partners, although we haven't done more than talk about it (yet). We have three kids and are close to our extended family and have talked a little about the logistics and complications that may arise with bringing others into our lives for (hopefully) long term relationships.

The other morning we took the kids out to breakfast and were talking about how your view on love and relationships changes over time and how nice it is when you meet someone who shares that view. Even though we were just talking in the sense of just two my son (age 11) pipes up and says, "I don't see how you can love more than one woman." *facepalm* We talked to him a little about how love isn't finite (using kids as an example) and talked to him about how he will, most likely, love several different women throughout his life and he should be more open to the idea that love is a good thing and doesn't run out just because someone is added to the family.

I guess what I'm after is links on how to approach this should there ever be a need to. I did a search of "Poly and Kids" here and didn't come up with exactly what I was looking for. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Try a "Tag Search" on Children. There's a lot of discussion on the subject. It sounds like you handled it well so far.

Back