Complete noob

Jacquielou

Hello, my name is Jacqueline, I am 35 and single. I’m really just here for information and to see if polyamory would be a good fit for me and my goals. I’m also kinda bew to forums, so please excuse any ignorance on that front.

Greetings Jacqueline,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I read your blog post, it sounds like you are ready to try poly if it's right for you. You can learn more about poly by reading on the various boards here, and posting any questions you might have. Also you may find Franklin Veaux's Poly FAQ helpful. Glad to have you with us!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Hi Jacqueline - and welcome to the Forum! We have a good number of experienced poly folks here who are generally helpful and friendly so please don't hesitate to post any specific questions or thoughts that you may have. The General Poly Discussion and Poly Relationships Corners sections are always quite active.

Here's a list of web sites that you might find helpful in your research:
http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108191

There are a number of good books on polyamory - the one I most recommend as an introduction to poly is: Opening Up: A Guide to Creating and Sustaining Open Relationships by Tristan Taormino. This book does an excellent job of presenting consensual non-monogamy as a whole, placing polyamory within that sphere, and then presenting a general overview of the practice of ethical polyamory.

Best of luck on your journey! Al

Back