Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 04-24-2014, 02:24 AM

No, I have a very good idea of what poly is. Like I said, I've done my research. Like I said, I'm just kind of testing the waters here and trying to figure out what works right for me.

I honestly don't think the idea that I may or may not be sexually reserved even factors into what people would initially think of if I ever brought up the idea of me being poly. To use Schrodingers analogy, if a person comes out as homosexual but follows it up with "but I'm sexually reserved", how many people who would normally be squicked out by that would suddenly go "Oh hey, that makes a total difference on my fears that they might want to jump me or people I know!"? I'm going to say.....not many.

But yes, I joined because I wanted to read of other people's experiences and maybe gain a bit more introspection on my life and if poly truly is what I'm more oriented towards. So far so good!
Old 04-24-2014, 08:30 PM
Official Greeter

Yeah, people will have their tendencies to jump to inappropriate conclusions if they hear you're going to live polyamorously. They'll just have to find out by experience that you're still the same old you.