Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 04-24-2014, 11:03 PM

Smile New To The Poly Lifestyle...saying hello

Hi I'm Jen, 27 and in a relationship with someone amazing. He and I have been discussing the idea of the Poly lifestyle for a while, and this is something I definitely think would be good to explore. I've always had an open mind when it comes to relationships, but for a long time I thought monogamy was the only option. I married at a very young age, and ultimately one of the reasons my marriage failed was because we both needed something...else. But because of the way we were raised being anything but monogamous was not an option, we never discussed it. I was single for almost 3 years after I divorced my ex, when I met my current boyfriend. He is everything I want in a man, but I also like women, and am a very sexually curious person, which makes it hard sometimes. I feel like I have a lot of love to both give and receive, and I feel there are many people out there who I would love to share that intimacy with. After doing some research I found this site, I'm hoping to better educate myself on this lifestyle, and I think this is the missing piece to my happiness puzzle

Last edited by MissJen; 04-24-2014 at 11:07 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:34 PM
Official Greeter

Greetings Jen,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I'm happy you found us, I think we can help you get a better idea what to expect from polyamory and how to go about it if you decide it's the right thing for you. It's wonderful that your partner is being so supportive and perhaps he'd even consider joining in on this site as well.

I'll be following this thread so you can always ping me if you have any questions for me or whatever. But I think you'll find that just about anywhere on the site you'll be able to get helpful feedback from many people. Just do some reading here and see which threads/boards call to you.

Polyamory is a wonderful option one can choose in one's life. I hope it's as much a blessing for you as it has been for me.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter"

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!
Old 04-24-2014, 11:40 PM

Thank you! I will definitely talk with my boyfriend and see if he is open to joining the site. I have already found quite a few articles that are quite interesting, I can't wait to see where this journey takes me
Old 04-25-2014, 12:05 AM
Official Greeter

Cool beans.