Makeup Sex

TeJoKo

I've never understood the idea of makeup sex. Usually when I have had a fight there are still some hurt feelings upon making up that I need to sleep on to resolve. I can't have sex with someone I am still upset at.

How does makeup set work for you? Are you still hurt from the fight when you begin? Have you gotten over the fight? Does the sex get you completely over it?

I had the best sex with my boyfriend the other day. I am wondering if this is akin to makeup sex. We have been having problems since he got a new girl and I am having trouble coping. One night he really soothed my hurt feelings and made me feel confident and so much better. We had the most amazing sex that night. I was already thinking it was the best when he told me he thought it was. ... That was days ago, it's still stuck in my head. :p

It's something I've only done a few times... for me it's a release of pent-up emotional energy which makes the actual making up afterwards run much smoother (I'm very good at bottling up emotions and then letting them out at exactly the wrong time, it's almost like a super power).

It's short, intense and oddly unmemorable sex... and certainly no substitute for relaxed, happy sex.

It's something I've only done a few times... for me it's a release of pent-up emotional energy which makes the actual making up afterwards run much smoother (I'm very good at bottling up emotions and then letting them out at exactly the wrong time, it's almost like a super power).

It's short, intense and oddly unmemorable sex... and certainly no substitute for relaxed, happy sex.

Do you find it similarly easy for your partner to have sex before things are resolved?

Do you find it similarly easy for your partner to have sex before things are resolved?

Not really, no... that's most likely why it's only happened a few times in the ten years we've been together. Sometimes she gets the same intense rush of emotional energy that ends up leading to the not-quite-makeup sex but it's quite rare, and because I quite like not being an asshole I don't push it.

As for other partners... we'll, I'll get back to you when I find one! :p

For me, make up sex is AFTER everything has been resolved -- it's a good thing - to help heal the bond between us - to make us whole again!

Back