Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 03-13-2019, 06:43 PM

Unhappy Cast Away but NOT Trash

I've become familiar with the phrase "unicorn hunting" but only recently and too late… this been rattling around in my mind for too long…

this was a few years ago and is still plaguing me. WHY a bonifide couple would pretend she was just a roommate at the beginning. Then move me into their 3 bedroom home & get my hopes up just to crush them? At that time I was only interested in monogamy. Ultimately, he and I shared a room. She was in another - the master bedroom.*

Not only did they push to "help" me by moving me in, they were eager for me to get pregnant "…we've got a spare room…". Instead of get a surrogate on board, obtain donor eggs, etc - why deceive and defraud me? Okay she was older than he - older than both of us - but I figure she probably had not gone through menopause. He and I had been childhood friends - did that history mean absolutely nothing?

Before I ever showed up they had money for surrogacy / fertility.
WHY pretend she was just a roommate? why does evil do what it do?

I'm ready to move on & find someone new - just smh what a messed up way to live & drag others into it. Thankfully I did not make the grade and was cast aside.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:29 PM
Official Greeter

That sucks, I am sorry that happened to you. I do not know why people do stuff like that, it sounds like she was involved with him, but essentially they told you she was *not* involved with him! Creepy. And for a childhood friend to do that to you, that is just awful.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:33 PM

I'm sorry that happened to you. What an unkind thing to do.

Tags
friends, friendship, hunting, poly, unicorn