Passive aggressive sabotage

LOLOL, oh you have a sick mind SmileTexas ...

"I'm sorry, I'm having trouble finding the unicorn aisle?"

"Oh, yes well you see, it's now labeled the HBB aisle."

"Oh there they are! Wow, so many to choose from ... How come they didn't tell me how easy this was on Polyamory.com?"

"Because Polyamory.com is a bunch of nasty greedy jealous trolls who want to have all the unicorns to themselves."

Has anyone else encountered passive aggressive sabotage of relationships?

Yes, and I've seen plenty of this sort of thing.

I was seeing XBF for two years. First year was fine, but around the beginning of the second, when his relationship with me began to affect her life, when he was no longer at her beck and call, when she realized he was in love, she started pressuring him to break his promises to me, even signing him up without his knowledge for parties he'd chosen on his own not to attend, for my sake, and suddenly 'got sick' every single time he and I planned on spending the evening in his home.

I got tired of it--not only her games, but his denial of a long-lasting, 100% pattern on her part.

FWIW, in deciding what you're going to do about it...It's been a year and 9 days since I sent him the e-mail telling him this has to end. (But who's counting?) He has not wanted to let go. (Admittedly, neither have I.) He has looked for any way to reconnect. Because he loved me and had something with me he's had with no one else.

His wife continues to see her boyfriend, unhindered by him. He has returned to orgies and sex parties, vowing he'll never have another real relationship. He doesn't seem really happy to me, especially given that he's spent more than a year trying to keep anything he can with me (except by actually insisting his wife stop her games).

And history tells me that if he ever falls in love with someone again, she'll make sure it falls apart again, because he continues to insist on seeing what he wants to.

Back