Article: Why Therapists are Down on "Alternative" Sex

Thanks for the article! Insightful and funny!

I went to therapy for 3 yrs w a pro-poly counselor, who was also non judgmental of us home-schooling our older kids and co-sleeping w infants/toddlers/kindergartners. And ok w me being bisexual. (god I am weird lol) She helped me a lot.

It's nice they provide a link there to open-minded therapists.

' (god I am weird lol) '

HaHa,...Welcome to the club. Luckily, in this club, weird is GOOD. :cool:

I once had a therapist ( not for me, some random one at a party I attended),..look at me and say, " What do you MEAN you are bisexual ? "

..I thought it was self explanatory...but I digress.

So I used that old line ;

" I snatch kisses ......and vice versa. "

He got it, then. :D

THANK YOU!!!!! this article is great!!!!!

Two things... One is Thank you ! It took me a year to tell my therapist and she is the best one I've ever met.... thats saying a lot because I have had counselling and therapy for around fifteen years (long story) I was also afraid that because of my lifestyle and beliefs she might report me and try to have my kids taken from me (yes it happens)

Two... what is polyandry?

holy shit, you mean there's a name for that? oh wait, isn't that the title of another thread. LOL
one woman multiple men, the opposite of polygamy....
neat.
again, thanks fer the link this thread is awesum!

Nitpicking

Polygamy is gender neutral.
Polyandry is multiple men with one woman.
Polygyny is multiple women with one man.

Polygamy is gender neutral.
Polyandry is multiple men with one woman.
Polygyny is multiple women with one man.

well..I have been poly schooled. I didn't actually know that, thanks :D (I have always been bad at paying attention in school haha)

<3

I love his article, and I love how he made it a reply to a very judgemental article where the therapists generally were saying "monogamy is right because it works for us, so everyone else should do it to". Their article was written to be very "GroupThink" (meaning 'everyone think like us, and don't question why') The biggest thing about the original article that irked me is that it kept relating poly to cheating, essentially saying even though we're completely honest with our partners about our lovers, we're still lying (yeah, that TOTALLY makes sense o_O)
People who are against nonmonogamous relationships just have such weak arguments.

All in all, I applaud his article, not only for it destroying their argument, but because it just genuinely made sense :)

Back