Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 02-22-2019, 05:09 AM

Galagirl

Everything you said definitely makes sense he is a poor communicator that I know and I guess my friend was telling me what the guy meant because he really liked me and I guess didnít want things to end but he should have told me that he wanted something more than friends with benefits thatís what Iím calling it no offense to anyone on here that is intimate with their poly partners and it isnít my friends job or responsibility to try and get me to go back to him he should have been vocal about it especially since he knows where I stood being monogamous.
Old 02-22-2019, 06:47 AM

Quote:
And after I ended things he would still be touchy feely with me and when he was still doing that for more than a year and I had eventually started dating someone and I didn’t want this guy to make advances towards me to begin with because I was looking for something serious but me being in a relationship that had to come to an end with him being handsy so I had to unfriend him from social media and I had stopped attending any get togethers that my other friends would go to because he never got it when I said please don’t flirt with me because I was in a relationship.
Jeez. He sounds FRESH. You break up and he's still trying to cop a feel? Does not respect your limit! Or your "No."

Quote:
And now I’m single and he is back to his old ways
You mean he keeps ON pawing you even when you tell him to STOP?

He is starting to sound like a creeper. Stay away. Let be it ended.

Quote:
I’m not ready for anything with anyone right now after my prior relationship because I have a lot of healing to do...

So do your healing.

Quote:
but on the other token he has made more of an effort to communication via social media which he never did before so I’m not sure where he stands
What matters is where YOU stand. He's a poor communicator, not compatible since he's poly, he doesn't respect your "no" AND he's handsy/fresh.

None of that sounds like "awesome to date" to me.

Quote:
I need to heal so I don’t know if getting into something is good for me.
Well, if you need to heal? Do what YOU need.

Do not date at this time and when you are ready to date? Def not dating this dude.

Quote:
it isn’t my friends job or responsibility to try and get me to go back to him
That's right. It is NOT your friend's job.

Keep away from this guy and keep things a lot simpler on yourself.

Galagirl

Last edited by GalaGirl; 02-22-2019 at 06:50 AM.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:51 PM

You are absolutely right thank you
Old 02-22-2019, 03:08 PM

You are welcome.

I hope you feel a bit better for airing out here.

You don't have to get involved with that again just because you used to be FWB in the past.

He sounds all kinds of FRESH! Ugh.

Galagirl
Old 02-23-2019, 03:45 AM

I wasnít really thinking about he didnít respect me until I started talking about how he acts. I just wanted to get some insight about if he was able to be more devoted but now talking with you I got a better insight that he isnít someone I need to spend anytime on trying to see if he can be different so yeah Iím feeling better thank you