Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 02-08-2019, 12:25 AM

Squee! I was able to pick up the 3 new shelving units from Home Depot tonight - my overflow room is going to be incredible! I cleared off my diaper storage shelves and vacuumed where they used to be, and got the old unit outside. PunKRock put together the new station and it looks AMAZING. Itís like 2 feet taller than the old set - instead of 3 fixed wide-apart shelves, I have 6 adjustable shelves that are now set up PERFECTLY. They need to be leveled off, but DarkKnight made homemade mac and cheese, so we abandoned the work for yumminess. Also, my daughter came over. Lol

I hope to get the other two sets put together tomorrow.

Oh! I didnít post here about what happened - I had a dude from DC message me and tell me he wanted to sponsor the $200 I needed for the shelves in full! I was so amazed, but asked him if he wouldnít mind me just purchasing the one diaper station and then having me use the remaining $100 on special request items that people needed - a microwave, underwear for an elderly woman, sippy cups - you know, odds and ends. He said sure and so was super happy. Then not 5 minutes later, I got an alert on my phone that my amazon order was delivered, so I went to get it on my porch. And wouldnít you know, there was a second box there, addressed to me from a stranger in Alabama. She sent my cats a huge bag of toys, and a check for $100 to pay for half of the shelving!

I cried so hard. It was a real shock! I am still overwhelmed by it. Then today, someone in town brought me 180 jars of brand new spaghetti sauce - I need to get these shelves assembled! Itís really an incredible thing - How funding just falls into place. I am exhausted but oh my goodness, it seems like people all over the US are rooting for my Blessing Box.

PunKRock bought a bunch of the Godzilla DVDs recently and we have been watching some together. Weíre still working through the AFIís updated top 100 movies list but thereís a shocking lack of giant monsters. Sometimes it is nice to take a break and see something we both like a lot!

Me, center of a MFM V-shaped polycule (41F)
Wife to DarkKnight (43M)
Wife to PunkRockAwesomesauce (45M)
Old 02-09-2019, 05:03 PM

I got my period this morning and ugh, I’m terribly crampy. I just had a knock on my door and a Blessing Box visitor gave me a Chick-fil-A breakfast! I was in shock but she said she wanted to say thank you for everything I do to help the community! It helped my crankiness disappear a great deal, though I still feel bloated. It’s amazing what people do for me - and this was 100% unprompted by anything, that’s for sure!

Yesterday I got PunkRock’s taxes done, and paid all of my bills for the week. DarkKnight and I went and saw a local performance of Wait Until Dark, put on by a theater group we hadn’t experienced yet. We had dinner at the Greene Turtle beforehand since I had a $10 coupon. It was great fun and he was looking super sexy. I really enjoyed going out with him, and it was nice to have HIM be recognized for once - the people sitting behind us were in his choral group! We were both amused, because when I was out yesterday afternoon, 3 people said hi to me in different stores. I only knew one of them. Lol I am internet famous in town, for sure!

This afternoon PunkRock is at work and DarkKnight will be leaving to head over to hang out with my son. I am going to be stocking the diaper station - OMG I am so excited to get it set up!

Wife to DarkKnight (43M)
Old 02-15-2019, 02:20 AM

Happy Valentine’s Day!

PunkRock and I celebrated yesterday because he had the entire day off. We spent it in DC - we saw the Pulse exhibit at the Hirshhorn Art Museum, lunch at PotBelly and then took in some Asian Art at the Sackler Gallery. We were trying to fit in time to see the Freer, but it closed two minutes after we arrived! We went to Bethesda and had some Cheesecake Factory for dinner, taking the dessert home to eat in bed together. It was a good day!

Tonight my polycule shared steaks on the grill, with baked potatoes and fresh green beans. I bought cupcakes for a treat, and gave my guys little boxes of chocolate.

Tomorrow DarkKnight and I are going to see Grease at the dinner theater. I love seeing shows with him - it’s kinda our thing.

I am hoping to be able to color my hair tomorrow - omg I hate it so much! My gray is seriously white now and it won’t keep color in it at all. I honestly have been thinking about shaving everything off and then letting it grow in all white and see how it goes. Maybe I will talk to my stylist the next time I got to get it cut - I need to have that happen now as well! Hmmmm.

Wife to DarkKnight (43M)
Old 02-15-2019, 11:35 AM

I tired of the maintenance of coloring my hair. It got to the point the grey would not hold color.

I cut my hair into an short angled bob with an undercut 15 months ago and helped fade my dye out using Prell shampoo. Found out quickly I am was not as grey as I thought. The silver does come more across as highlights. And I have a kick ass silver strak in the front.

Now I still rock a chin length angled bob with the high undercut. I have thick thick hair so the undercut helps with volume and makes it only 20 minutes to dry my hair.

Murf was shocked to find out my hair was a dark dirty blonde that is now ash blond
In a V relationship with an average 50/50 split of time between my two husbands.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:36 AM

I tired of the maintenance of coloring my hair. It got to the point the grey would not hold color.

I cut my hair into an short angled bob with an undercut 15 months ago and helped fade my dye out using Prell shampoo. Found out quickly I am was not as grey as I thought. The silver does come more across as highlights. And I have a kick ass silver strak in the front.

Now I still rock a chin length angled bob with the high undercut. I have thick thick hair so the undercut helps with volume and makes it only 20 minutes to dry my hair.

Murf was shocked to find out my hair was a dark dirty blonde that is now dark ash blond. He had only known me with dark red hair.

There were some rough points but now wonder why I ever started coloring my hair.
In a V relationship with an average 50/50 split of time between my two husbands.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:10 PM

I have been all over gray since I was 18. In the last few years itís been turning white. I didnít end up coloring it today, because I have a message in to my hair stylist about cropping it super short. I think I have like 2Ē roots right now? I think I am going to have her hack it down crazy short to get rid of most of the red. I probably will hate it, but my hair grows super fast and I can always color it back. Itís just hair, and itís not like I am out dating anyone new. PunkRock has been urging me to go super short since I met him, so this will make him happy for a little bit!

I am leaving shortly to go get the oil changed on my car. I feel gross with my hair grown out like this but I guess I will have to get over it and wait to hear back from the chick that does my hair. Bleh.

Wife to DarkKnight (43M)
Old 02-22-2019, 01:48 AM

I did chop off all my hair but I stuck with red.

Shit has hit the fan here.

PunkRock hurt himself somehow - tore a major muscle in his back. I took him to Urgent Care on Monday, and they gave him a shot and offered him a couple of days off of work. He said to give him a letter for one day off. Tuesday came and I ended taking him back, and he is now on medical leave until Saturday. Heís on muscle relaxers, jumbo dosages of ibuprophen and ice packs. He has made some gains since then but I dunno how it will look on Saturday.

DarkKnight got called into a meeting today and his work offered him the option to either resign or be put on a 60 day personal improvement plan. Itís complete and total bullshit. Heís had nothing but absolutely stellar reviews and the last two years heís been promoted. His boss left last year and we think they donít want to pay him the big bucks anymore. Plus, he is now the only member on their team working from home, and the new guy is a total micro-manager. He told DarkKnight that he has had ďmany discussionsĒ with him about where he is falling short of goals but there has only been one that DarkKnight can come up with, and the reason it didnít get done is because his boss didnít schedule it. So yeah, we believe they are doing the PIP so they can say they tried. Whatever. He didnít suddenly go from 100% awesomesauce to complete shit. If he resigns, theyíre giving him a severance package. If he fails the PIP then he wonít be eligible for it. However, he would be able to get unemployment. He is off of work now until Monday, at which point he needs to tell them what he is doing.

Heís pretty devastated. Human Resources sent him an email about the PIP but no written info on the severance, so he is waiting on that. I made him request it because he couldnít remember anything they said over the phone to him. Heís been with this company for 6 years and he loved his job so much. He thinks they were offering 6 months medical and 6 weeks pay? He is confused so I hope they send it tomorrow. He has always hit the ground running when looking for a new job but I am nervous because heís used to working from home and suddenly having to commute will suck. That is, of course, if he can find something in his pay bracket. We will have to share a car for a while - we were talking about trading it in and downsizing to a cheaper vehicle but now we canít do that until he gets another job. Fuck.

PunkRock hasnít been doing the greatest at his job either, even before he got hurt. (He didnít get hurt at work.) He started this new warehouse job and he has been having issues with hitting the numbers they want to see. He likes it okay but itís really hard on his body. Now that he has an injury - I could be looking at having two unemployed husbands at the same time!

We had a quick meeting tonight to discuss things and ultimately thereís not much I personally can do. Even me running out and getting a part time job is stupid, because DarkKnight and I are sharing a car and that means my schedule would interfere with him trying to find something amazing for him. I am going to have to sit tight. Actually thatís not true - I am going to work even harder at remodeling and organizing and getting our house up to snuff. If DarkKnight canít find anything in the area we may have to uproot and sell our house. Itís in no shape at all for that right now, and even if it were perfect, we will still be fucked because it hasnít appreciated THAT much in two years!

Dating is definitely on hold. Too much uncertainty right now, for sure!

Wife to DarkKnight (43M)
Old 02-22-2019, 02:54 AM

I'm so sorry, Bluebird Sending pp&t that Punkrock heals quickly and Dark Knight finds an awesome new job. ((Hugs))
Old 02-22-2019, 04:42 AM

Wow! Hang tough Bluebird! I'm crossing my fingers that they both find better jobs. Dark Knight wouldn't have loved his job for too much longer with management being jerks. Hugs for All! (oh! except Punkrockawsomesauce as I bet hugs hurt)

Leetah
Old 02-23-2019, 10:52 AM

DarkKnight got more info on what his company is offering.

Basically, HR sent him a brief email saying if he resigns like they want, he *may* be eligible for 6 weeks of continued pay, eligibility for unemployment, 6 months of Cobra subsidy where he will just be paying his current contribution for medical insurance, and 6 months of outplacement service (we have no idea what this is).

Right now I think he is going to take this.

We had a funeral to attend yesterday (his momís brother passed) and afterward we went and got him a cell phone on my plan. His work has been paying for his current phone and he will have to mail that back to them when he leaves on Monday. So we started out his pre-unemployment by spending money. Sigh. I had just actually gotten our cell phone bill JUST below $200 a month and now I am going to be back up. They were running a buy 1 get 1 free special for iPhones - which he was getting anyway, so our youngest came over and we got her a new one as well. Basically we pay the $33 or whatever on the phone for 3 months, and then they credit us those payments and from then on they pay the monthly cost on it. They both just got XRs but they are happy. Hopefully my daughter will actually be able to pay her portion. She hasnít so far previously because she is broke. Iíve been lending her money to even live. Itís okay though - it is what it is. My oldest daughter borrowed a little over $100 last week and failed to pay it back and has dropped off the face of the earth again. I am going to try and get ahold of her today about paying it back.

PunkRock went to work this morning. He was moving and feeing much better but I am afraid he may overextend himself. I guess we will see. We havenít really talked about where he will apply if things arenít working out at this warehouse. He does like it for the most part but it is really physically taxing on his body.

Wife to DarkKnight (43M)

Tags
cohabitation, finances, financial decisions, house, living situations, living together, married and polyamorous, married and polyandrous, multiple husbands, multiple partners, multiple primaries, need vs. want, negotiating boundaries, out as poly, polyandry, polygamy, shared space, shared values, sharing information, sharing resources, vee dynamics