I'm pathetic

aussielover

*sigh*

My loves went away for the weekend for a trip with AB's employer. Looks like it will be great fun, but I miss them already. They've only been gone about an hour and a half.
I have the kids here, but I'm sad knowing I wont see them until Sunday night. I know they need this time away together and it was a great chance with his work. They haven't been away like that since their honeymoon and it's a free trip!
I just... miss them. And it's only the first morning.

The two older ones are at school for the day. This evening a friend is coming with her two girls to stay the weekend, but it's not the same.

no it's not the same. You are right-but I always find that keeping myself entertained and busy in a happy way helps alleviate some of the loneliness.
Good luck!

Good for you working on building friend relationships ... so important to have ones own life...

It's sad that you are lonely, but it will be a loving reunion and a chance for you to do things on your own. Remember when it was months without them! Come on girl, have some fun, it's temporary!

Well, the friend is a mutual friend of ours. And she's got a horrible headache and not coming tonight.

I've got the kids to take care of and I don't know my way around well enough to really go do much with them. So we'll pretty much be hanging around the house. Not even sure how to get to the gym... I've been paying attention but it's a bit of a drive away and a lot of turns I'm not sure I remember exactly where to go.

I do remember when it was months without them. Was horrible. I know they'll be back soon, I just miss them. I think that's part of it. Being apart for so long... you know...

I do hope they're having a good time. They had to take a boat to the island they went to, and SG gets seasick. I hope it didn't get too bad for her.

I have two suggestions....let the kids help find something to do and have them show you around, they probably know lots of fund places to go and they'll feel excited to be a guide.

Secondly, use this time of longing and missing to think about a special homewarming when they return. Sure it was only a couple days and they needed the time together but this will welcome them home with love and make the weekend more special.

Redirect the energy. From experience this is the one thign that keeps me sane!!

Almost there....

The kids are just a bit too young to actually pay attention to getting to and from many places.
Will try to redirect. hhmmm.

Back