Staving Off Heartache

solmoon

I am in need of advice and would like to ask people who can be compassionate and open minded about an issue I am having of being a typically monogomous person who has become involved with someone who thinks they may be polyamorous.

I would prefer to ask my question in Private Message to protect my partner, so please feel free to email me.

I understand that this is a poly community and that there are strong feelings on both sides of the issue, but I am currently in a tender situation and would like to speak with women or men who can be supportive of me as the monogomous partner and to help me because I am falling in love with the person who is considering polyamory and it is unlikely that I am going to leave the situation, so I am going to need to gain some insight and strength to be able to come to terms with the reality of my situation.

Thanks to whomever writes.

Sounds like me....

Hi, just wanted to say that I'm kind of in the same boat. I met someone that I can't imagine living the rest of my life without and I so want to make this work.

If you need to vent a little, feel free.

Hugs.

Hullo and welcome!

There are a lot of resources and understanding available for people in your situation, solmoon. On the top of my head I can think of at least members like Sage and Mono who are monogamous people involved in mono/poly relationships. Looking through their posts and maybe PMing could prove very helpful.

Hope you will come to a place of clarity!

Welcome. Keep reading here and doing tag searches for specific things that you might feel are helpful. Chances are by reading you will find members that resonate with you and who are here regularly... if you do, then PM them and ask if they can answer their questions.

Please note that no one knows who you are and thousands of people read here and participate. Chances are that no one will be able to pin point who you are unless you are overly specific. The chances that your situation is that unique are also low... so, if you find you are not getting to the root of your question, then please know that we are all here to help. :)

Back