Personal Summaries

HI everyone!

I am relatively new to the poly scene. Me and my wife have been married to each other for more than 7 years. We dabbled around in a couple of threesomes (both ffm and mfm) till we decided to explore a poly lifestyle. My wife has a boyfriend as of now and we have started living together. It has been a bit daunting but so far so good! I thought I'd give an intro!

Welcome, medic1

I bet it's daunting moving a relative stranger into your home! Was it a pandemic decision?

When we opened up again after a longish period of monogamy, my husband made it quite clear that he needs to have an unshared home. Be the king of his own castle so to speak. We both host other people, but no-one would live with us in a relationship configuration. Which is kind of a pity, financially, as three incomes would certainly afford a better lifestyle in this day and age.

But of course there really are as many ways of doing poly as there are people to do it. Nuances abound. All the best with uncovering your nuances 🙂

Welcome, medic1

I bet it's daunting moving a relative stranger into your home! Was it a pandemic decision?

When we opened up again after a longish period of monogamy, my husband made it quite clear that he needs to have an unshared home. Be the king of his own castle so to speak. We both host other people, but no-one would live with us in a relationship configuration. Which is kind of a pity, financially, as three incomes would certainly afford a better lifestyle in this day and age.

But of course there really are as many ways of doing poly as there are people to do it. Nuances abound. All the best with uncovering your nuances 🙂

Thank you for your kinds words Evie! We are both doctors so thought it'd make sense that we'd lower the risk of any travel as wouldn't be fair otherwise for anyone at our workplace if we are frolicking about! :D And like you cost wise it makes a bit of sense too. Its been quite daunting I won't lie and have had to make a lot of adjustments so I am trying to adapt as best as I can!

Hello!
I'm Ellen, bisexual, 40 years old, from Canada and in my first poly relationship. My family does not know we are anything more than friends and they will likely remain in the dark about it (I've got reasons, will be asking questions in some of these forums!)
I don't consider myself poly but, am in a relationship with someone (GF) who is. She's married and her husband (GFH) is also involved with another man (BF). I never expected to be in this kind of relationship but, since becoming involved with her I've learned so much about myself and what I thought happiness was.
GF and GFH are expecting their first child and while I'm nervous about the future dynamics of this, I already know I love the hell outta that kid!
I'm glad I found this forum, as I feel like I ALWAYS have questions and can never find information where people have the same questions as me. Looking forward to engaging discussions. Its a brave new world!
:)

Reactions: tdh
You can call me Morgan here. I recently posted an Introduction as well.

33 years old, cis female, bisexual, gender fluid, kink positive. I range from presenting as high femme, to tom boy, to Dorito gremlin, to masc. Honestly, I have not had much energy to devote to understanding gender fluidity due to keeping up with other aspects of life, so I am still learning 1) what it there? 2) what is it like? and 3) how do I identify with it?

As I mentioned in my introduction, I am new to dating in a non-traditional structure, though I have known that monogamous, escalator-type relationships do not fit me for quite some time. I am on this forum to educate myself so that I can find fulfilling and equitable relationships.

I am very independent and have been mostly single my whole life. My mission is to find my niche so that I can maintain my independence, but also create deep and meaningful relationships, hopefully with longevity. I have been struggling with finding other people who understand and accept solo poly as valid, and further, who understand that I have a lot of love and care to give. Being solo poly does NOT mean that I am incapable of commitment or only desire relationships of convenience.

I am the type to take off for 2 weeks on a motorcycle road trip or get lost on purpose in the woods with my cat for a hike.

I live in the Pacific Northwest, USA and work as an ultrasound technologist and massage therapist. This year, I have a goal to apply for a visa to work abroad in ultrasound. This process could take quite some time, especially because of the pandemic. I have temporarily put dating on hold so that I can learn how to communicate more effectively about what type of dating and relationships I am looking for...my plan to work abroad is a confounding variable, but I would like to believe that there is/are someone(s), somewhere in the ENM world who would not see that as a reason to make me undatable.

I love lifting weights and it keeps my head screwed on straight. Eclectic pastimes like fire dancing and aerial silks are fun...I'd love to train in medieval weaponry (preferably pole arms). I currently play the French Horn (passably), and I would love to learn drums and metal vocals.

I look forward to chatting!

Hi everyone!

I accidentally made a new thread to introduce myself, but I'm gonna try again in the right place lol. You can refer to me by my username or by B, I'm not quite ready to give my name out yet. I'm 21 and a monogamous (mono-amorous?), demiromantic, and demisexual.

So why am I here?

I've been in a relationship with an incredibly strong connection for two years now. My boyfriend and I only recently found out/accepted that he is polyamorous. We went through a looooong journey that involved my boyfriend feeling awful about his crushes, and me feeling like his having other romantic and sexual desires was my fault for being on the asexual spectrum and not providing the attention/care he needed, but we finally made it here. We hadn't heard of polyamory before doing research on relationships, and it very closely matched how he felt.

It took us a moment to understand what polyamory was, that it fit, and what it was going to look like for our relationship, but we decided that we love each other and we want to give opening up our relationship to ethical polyamory a try. He's not looking for girlfriends yet because of the pandemic, but it's definitely something we want to do.

I myself don't want more partners, though I don't mind if he has more partners. A lot of this was a culture shock to me -- I had to do a lot of reading and research to understand why people would want to be polyamorous, and that a person could be polyamorous. I like the idea; to me it sounds like my boyfriend loves other people so much that he wants to love me and other people at the same time, and give his love to people who want to love him. It's not my thing but I think it sounds great! Ideally, if they want it too, I want to be friends with his girlfriends, and then I have friends who love the same person I do...it sounds like it could be really really nice.

I'm here I guess because I'm still nervous and scared and insecure. No amount of love and research can make up for the fact that I really don't know what I'm doing. We know one open couple who looks mainly for triad relationships but that's not what we want to do...I don't have any examples of what we want to do looks like. I'm hoping to find that here, to see people who are in different kinds of polyamorous relationships, ask questions, and hopefully I get to be a part of a community where I can find support and gain some understanding.

Thanks for having me!

Hello folks. 55 YO bi male looking for a couple for a ltr. Last poly was 14 years ago for 5 years. I am missing the poly life. I am outgoing and love life. Hobbies: Metal detecting, anything with the beach, scuba diving(rescue certified) cooking its better with friends. I hope everyone has a great day.
IMG_4855small.jpg

Hi Im PeacockRose, you can call me Peacock.
Ive been living openly as polyamorous for about 13 years now. I currently have an amazing Poly nesting partner who is a cis-het male. I am bisexual and have two other male partners and two other female partners as well as an 8 year old daughter.

Hello, I am "L". (44, male, straight) I kind of accidentally fell into poly and never really thought about putting that label on me until somebody who is pointed out that I basically am. After breaking up with a girlfriend because she had to move and I didn't want a long-distance relationship. I used to co-own a bar and once I was free to mingle people from "Before Time" started approaching and I had some fun. The first person "P" was an old crush that I didn't even know was crushing on me. We never said we were anything of an item. But we had fun, hung out, did things outside of just sex. Then a lady "J" that started patronizing my bar a year prior started showing interest but she was clear about just wanting to go to her house to do the deed and then I had to be out. She was poly. I told her before anything happened about my first partner. Then before I did anything more with "P" I told her about my second partner. She was down. Then I caught up with an old high school friend when she started hanging around and pretty much the same thing. I found a fourth that I never met before and somehow I got so into her that we became monogamous and I ended up moving to Texas. That didn't work out so I moved to Denton and I'm searching for partners here. For hanging out, going to see live shows, going to museums, camping, etc. when things get to normal or just flings if that's the thing.

I don't know much about all the different types. I have somewhat of a good idea. I read up about kitchen table, which I'm not too sure if it's a thing I could get into because of my social anxiety. And hierarchal? Which doesn't seem ideal to me either. I'm not even sure if that's its own thing or part of kitchen table or both.

Heirarchical and kitchen table can coexist. Or not. Basically, do what works for everyone in your polycule.

Head on over to introductions if you want a little more engagement from people 😊

Hello. I've been out as poly since 2003. I have a husband who is my financial and family partner. We still have a child at home. Husband aka J is mono sexually, but has platonic relationships and interests he puts alot of time into. We have been open since day 1 of our relationship in 2004 and still in love and happy living together.
Current situation is I have a submissive boy friend aka S who I was with for a year then we had to break up for two and now we are back together and more stable than ever. We share friends in the local kink community primarily and get people together for sexual exploration and also spend time alone. I started my kinky journey in the last 90's and have never found someone like him that I feel so bonded and committed to till now.
More recently I got involved with a friend and colleague who I know professionally but do not work with. We have been friends for 4 years, but I have liked him as more than friends since we first met. He is also married and poly but lives a 6 hour drive away on a good day. I admitted to him I had more feelings for him 6 weeks ago when we rented a house together for a class we took in Arizona. Turns out he also has feelings for me. Things have gotten a bit complicated since then as they can and I am having big feelings and miscommunications I would like some help on. So I turn to you guys as I have in the past and probably will again.

Hello. I've been out as poly since 2003. I have a husband who is my financial and family partner. We still have a child at home. Husband aka J is mono sexually, but has platonic relationships and interests he puts alot of time into. We have been open since day 1 of our relationship in 2004 and still in love and happy living together.
Current situation is I have a submissive boy friend aka S who I was with for a year then we had to break up for two and now we are back together and more stable than ever. We share friends in the local kink community primarily and get people together for sexual exploration and also spend time alone. I started my kinky journey in the last 90's and have never found someone like him that I feel so bonded and committed to till now.
More recently I got involved with a friend and colleague who I know professionally but do not work with. We have been friends for 4 years, but I have liked him as more than friends since we first met. He is also married and poly but lives a 6 hour drive away on a good day. I admitted to him I had more feelings for him 6 weeks ago when we rented a house together for a class we took in Arizona. Turns out he also has feelings for me. Things have gotten a bit complicated since then as they can and I am having big feelings and miscommunications I would like some help on. So I turn to you guys as I have in the past and probably will again.
Hi Seasiren

Head on over to Poly Relationships Corner to start a thread that people will be able to give advice on. If you need a hand doing this, feel free to flick me a pm.

Evie

I'm John soon to be 47 years of age.

My profession is coffee roaster at home. I used to have a commercial kitchen in LA to roast coffee over a gas range. I've been roasting coffee since 2014. I have a few websites where I sell a couple of clothing lines and a shoe store(My own design from Italy).

I have very long hair. I love EDM music, top 40, a little bit of every genre of music I used to have dreadlocks. I worked for Amazon before Covid just to keep busy.

I've been to WA, OK, MA, NH, TX, CA, NV,AZ, NM. I love to travel when possible.

I practiced yoga for 5 years. I study Vedic wisdom. I have a spiritual name under 3HO in New Mexico(Kundalini Yoga).

I am usually very lazy until covid forced me to learn how to cook and bake food thanks to YouTube. I am usually a homebody. I walk more now than I drive.

Been in CA for about 30 years and wanna get out! I love AZ and WA. I lived in Boston in the 80's.

Learning Russian is a challenge for me but in someway very helpful towards expanding my coffee business.

I really like younger women. I can be annoying to most people depends on repeating the same thing over and over again.

I am also a gamer playing Game of Sultans and Star Trek Fleet Command(Klingon Faction my favorite).

I am big on going off the tangent at times. You can talk to me about ghosts, time travel, yoga related, the matrix not the movie but the actual idea of people going through a simulation program. I am a big believer in Flat Earth Theory and Extra Terrestrials.

If you are into non mainstream ideas about conspiracy theories and all that jazz, I'm the guy that might be able to shed light into things. You may not want to accept the knowledge that I have but that's okay. Free to believe what you want. I only share things that could explain certain theories.

My ideal Polyamorous Situation: Having one/two primary women and the rest secondary women in different parts of the world since in the near future I will be traveling.

If I keep doing this might turn into a 500 page resume. Haha.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
I'm Em. I'm 28, I've been a free relationship-ist for about 10 years now. I've mostly done solo polyam, or monogamous relationships until recently. Currently I am in a polyamorous relationship with my primary partner, we've been together just over a year. I'm recently divorced, no kids, and I'm from the Augusta area. Practicing Pagan for about 10 years now, not really out about my relationship styles to many friends or family. I'm demisexual, pansexual, and gender fluid. Most days you'll find me reading, watching TV, or daydreaming about my future.

I'm absolutely terrible about taking about myself 😅
I look forward to seeing where this takes me.

Hi, you can call me M. I'm 30, bi, poly, and married. We've been polyam for about 5 years. No kids, just pets. I'm basically just a nerd. I love D&D/tabletop games, video games, horror movies, and I'm an avid reader. I love sushi. Did I mention I'm terrible at talking about myself?

I love most music. I've really been into hyperpop and symphonic metal. I can't cook but I am great at ordering takeout. I can't sing or dance but I love to do both anyway. I love plants but they never love me back. I am attempting to learn Spanish.

My name is Julie. Just here to talk with like-minded people. Not really interested in finding a partner or partners at this time.

I am newly widowed - my wife of 10 years recently passed away. We had 12 children between us, all now adults. Things have not been easy, but I'm getting through it day to day.

Hey everyone!

Male 43, and been in a mono-ish relationship with Female 44 for 20 years. Married for 8 years, and we have three young ones: 7, 5, and 3. She had a son from a previous relationship before we met, whom I have raised as his father: he's autistic, currently lives in a group home, and is now 25.

I am very open to different relationship styles, and truly believe people should live their best lives. The whole rainbow of acronyms. A hundred years from now, I'd be fine with people forming intimate relationships with robots, ephemeral AI, aliens, or clones of themselves. I also recognize my own heteronormative conditioning, as well as my own personal unhealthy mental habits, and I am trying to figure out what I actually want in life. Lots of work to do.

My wife decided she wants to be polyamorous, and I have always been monogamous. I am here to navigate our complex situation.

Hello,

I'm Dennis. I'm an actor and voiceover artist in Texas. My wife and I have been married and faithfully monogamous for 27 years. We have 3 kids, all grown. We're recent empty nesters.

I am just accepting my interest in an open marriage or polyamory and my wife is trying to understand that interest. I have no experience and have taken no action.

I'll put further details and questions elsewhere in the forum. Happy to be here.

Best,
Dennis

Back