very new

I am new to the concept myself. My bf is a bit more experienced but we are still both very new to how this all works for us. :)

did you have any direct questions? I would READ READ READ! I bought several books on Polyamory and devoured them. I still re-read them sometimes.

If confused reading is definitely a good place to start (threads on here, Opening Up, etc.).

Also even though you don't have direct questions about specific things if there's parts that you feel you need more clarification on even asking those to try and work through some of your confusion can help.

Are you wanting info on polyamory or polyandry?

Are you wanting info on polyamory (2 females and 1 male) or polyandry (2 males and you)? What is your preference....that is a good place to start?

Are you wanting info on polyamory (2 females and 1 male) or polyandry (2 males and you)? What is your preference....that is a good place to start?
Polyamory are any number of multiple people. Polyandry is multiple men (can be more than 2) and one female. Multiple females with one man is polygny.

Titles

*THANKS CATT - I now know all 3 words and you beat me to it! -A*

Good heavens, never heard these distinctions before. Have to say, I don't like them, either.

Not to get all defensive, but "polyamory" sounds pretty general and nice to me. Is there some reason it's not considered "amory" once there's more than one guy involved? Too much testosterone?

Why wouldn't 2 females and 1 male have some special term (to parallel poly-andry and be specific), and polyamory be left for all of us to share?

Wiki has this: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/polyandry#English

Fwiw I'm in a scenario with 3 (or maybe 4) gay guys...fairly long term now...I've always called it polyamory and intend to continue as I like "owning" that word!...but is there something else you'd call it?

Namaste,
-A

Last edited:
@Octovus, I don't think in general people call it anything other than polyamory here or elsewhere - CattivaGattina was just defining. Generally when I see people use the other words they are referring to a married to multiple people set up. Though sometimes I see that or polygamy used when people first learn about poly and and are misunderstanding that there is a difference between multiple marriage and polyamory in general.

Back