Myers Briggs and polyamory.

I took the quiz twice. The first time I got INFP, the second time I got ISTJ.

Is there such a thing as a WTFF?

I suspect the difference between the two means you're fairly balanced, registering near the middle of N/S, F/T, and P/J. Of course, without a good description of the ratings and how a couple of different answers can make for changes in descriptions, then the "WTF?" response is warranted!

The official test forces one letter or another. The one test I took allowed for equal ratings in a pair and the "X" designation for that. I think the latter approach is the better of the two. It would allow for me to be XXXP and you to be IXXX on any given rendition of the test and make the swing between letters on other takings to be wholly understandable.

I suspect the difference between the two means you're fairly balanced, registering near the middle of N/S, F/T, and P/J. Of course, without a good description of the ratings and how a couple of different answers can make for changes in descriptions, then the "WTF?" response is warranted!

Funny; when I was in my 20's, I was all about being flexible, compromising, and showing the world how "not-uptight" I am. I also wasted a lot of energy doing that (not to turn the conversation to sex AGAIN, but the one thing that comes to mind as an example has to do with my experiences with anal sex, but there ARE other examples, I SWEAR!). At some point, I gave up being concerned about how I "come across to others" and I don't care if my preferences and eccentricities make me seem "uptight" or "closed off". I like my comfort zone and don't feel compelled to transcend it just for the hell of it. The way I look at it is, if someone has a problem with my comfort zone, go find your own.

I think I feel a poem coming on.

The way I look at it is, if someone has a problem with my comfort zone, go find your own.

I like that.

how about this for a t-shirt:

"If you don't like how I live my life,
how about getting one of your own?"

I lived that way (slightly hermit-like) for a bunch of years in the last decade. Now I need to be more socially involved. The pendulum has swung back and forth a few times over my four+ decades of life. Slow-swinging pendulum.

I lived that way (slightly hermit-like) for a bunch of years in the last decade. Now I need to be more socially involved. The pendulum has swung back and forth a few times over my four+ decades of life. Slow-swinging pendulum.

This is getting a bit OT, but I just love my cats so much, and they are at home, so that is where I need to be if I want to be with my cats (all 30-something of them, mostly ferals, but some are friendly). So, it's not really about avoiding people PER SE, but there aren't many humans who want to be around cats as much as I do, and the ones who do are busy with THEIR cats (i do rescue/fostering, and a lot of the "quality time" I speak of is spent cleaning up after them).

(i do rescue/fostering)

That's a great service you're providing! I also love cats, but the cat Kevin & I kept (I don't like to call them 'mine,' as if they were property), now deceased, peed on Kevin's meditation pillow, and that was his last day as an indoor kitty! -- and probably the last time we keep a cat indoors ... largely also due to the fact that we're both midly alergic to them.

I also love cats -- but when we have land enough for her, our next "pet" will be a labrador retriever! -- also outdoors, though with a proper doghouse for those colder nights.

Well, technically they are property... Learned this the hard way when during my divorce, my ex wanted MY cat. It is a little wierd that living things can be property, i know.

The law regards dogs, cats, etc., as property, but that doesn't mean that I must or do. I think of them as friends or potential friends -- cross-species friends.

Legally in the US at least, pets ARE property... But I don't value them as such.

If anything, THEY own ME.

And FYI, when they pee on something they know is special or important to you, it usually means they are trying to communicate a health problem. Not always though. Some of my cats are just jerks. But EVERY one that has peed on the bed (I have a waterproof mattress cover now) has subsequently been diagnosed with some sort of kidney or bladder pathology.

good to know.

And FYI, when they pee on something they know is special or important to you, it usually means they are trying to communicate a health problem. Not always though. Some of my cats are just jerks. But EVERY one that has peed on the bed (I have a waterproof mattress cover now) has subsequently been diagnosed with some sort of kidney or bladder pathology.

Not trying to stay OT here, but it also can happen if they are mad at you for something. When my mom would go out of town her cat would pee on our (hubby and my) stuff! Nothing wrong with her physically, but emotionally she was, well pissed.

As for the actual topic, The FB quiz that I took came up with was "INFJ:You seek meaning and connection in ideas, relationships, and material possessions. You want to understand what motivates people and are insightful about others. You are conscientious and committed to your firm values. You develop a clear vision about how best to serve the common good. You are organized and decisive in implementing your vision." Although I think for J/P I've gotten both as I do tend to be very "perceiving" over "judging" usually.

Did the Facebook quiz too and came out ENFP... although, having done it before I was right on the edge of everything but the Extrovert one.

This really stood out as a poly trait!
"ENFPs who have not learned to follow through may have a difficult time remaining happy in marital relationships. Always seeing the possibilities of what could be, they may become bored with what actually is. The strong sense of values will keep many ENFPs dedicated to their relationships. However, ENFPs like a little excitement in their lives, and are best matched with individuals who are comfortable with change and new experiences."
http://www.personalitypage.com/ENFP.html

So anyone know what the most common ones are?

Mono, you come off as ISTJ sometimes. The whole "we have always done it this way" is more flexible than one might imagine. It is true, i have never met a more punctual person in my life! I love that as I come from a family that drives me crazy with their lack of punctuality. I have always found it very rude... to them it is perfectly okay to show up for a dinner party an hour late! It drives me crazy!!!
Wow, just read it again for the fourth time! You are so like that! Uncanny!

perfectly okay to show up for a dinner party an hour late! It drives me crazy!!!
Wow, just read it again for the fourth time! You are so like that! Uncanny!

Don't read it too many times...you may change your mind :eek:!!!

But at least I'll be on time when you dump me

:D

I've tested three times with licensed evaluators and came out as ENXP almost always scoring exactly between thinking and feeling, sometimes being a point towards feeling.

All I know is that I'm a people person and love people and find any people that cross my path to be amazing because they're people.

All I know is that I'm a people person and love people and find any people that cross my path to be amazing because they're people.

Hmm... I'm the opposite way. Human individuals usually at some point end up disgusting and/or disappointing me for some reason, usually having something to do with the way animals are being treated.

But I still keep coming back for more...

This is sort of along the lines of the "enigmatic" post I made in that other thread that RedPepper started.

PS -

I wasn't always like this. I used to think I was a people-person but doing cat-rescue will cure someone of that... Although we need people-people in animal rescue too.... it just ain't me babe.

Last edited:
Hmm... I'm the opposite way. Human individuals usually at some point end up disgusting and/or disappointing me for some reason

My dear, HOW are you poly? You sound like my ex gf to some extent. And I often wondered the same about her for all I loved her and still do.

Wait....you're not her in disguise are you? *looking around paranoid* :eek:

MUAH!

My dear, HOW are you poly?

I don't you have to love all of mankind to be poly, you just have to be able to love more than one. Technically if you can love two people and hate the rest of the world..you're still poly :D

Psstt...Mono...I was teasing. ;) I'm in a weird mood today. Caught between a low and a high. So playful, but ripe with sarcasm. YGirl-I hope I didn't offend. You really do sound alot like my ex. And dammit if I don't still pine over her most days. She's an amazing woman.

Back