Poly music

Thought I'd throw these two in...

Fashionable People Questionable Things Joel Plaskett

Man of Two Minds The Trews

trews

oh how the heck could i have forgotten the Trews?!! such a good song..and it upsets me every time i hear it. Maybe if the singer was more open about his feelings.....he wouldn't have to be a man of two minds.....the trio could be three people of one mind. *sigh*

I think the idealist in me will never be satisfied

May I suggest "Your Song," originally recorded by Elton John? It's old-fashioned I admit, but super romantic.

So I am attending a wedding this summer and it had me thinking, if I were planning a ceremony that had some polyamory theme...what songs should be part of the playlist for the celebration? Have fun with this.:D

How about Og's Song, from Finian's Rainbow? Not expressly poly, yet it has a certain poly oeuvre:

"When I'm not near the girl I love,
I love the girl I'm near!"

You know Finian's Rainbow? There's a person left alive that watches musicals?? OMG. I don't suppose you're female, are you? That would be too much to ask.

You know Finian's Rainbow? There's a person left alive that watches musicals?? OMG. I don't suppose you're female, are you? That would be too much to ask.

My wife and her entire family love musicals. They break into song randomly. and start dancing. Very odd stuff. haha...Our best friend watches musicals as well.

There are a few out there :p...as someone who doesn't watch musicals I seem to attract them.

Aaah, sooo........Ariakas, is Autumnal Tone your wife? If the question is out of line just say so, and please excuse me if I accidentally crossed a line. :)

Aaah, sooo........Ariakas, is Autumnal Tone your wife? If the question is out of line just say so, and please excuse me if I accidentally crossed a line. :)

haha...no I was simply making a point...there are more women out there (my wife and ex gf)...might be hard to find but they are there...

Autumnal is not my wife...to be honest I don't even think I know the gender of autumnal :)

so there is no line to cross :p...

Well, in that case, Autumnal Tone, come fly away wiz me to zee Kasbah. I weel pate your de foie gras, I weel crepe your suzette, I weel vichy in your soisse, I weel cause your cherries to sing zee jubilee.........:):D

Unless you're a guy, :eek: 'cause I'm really straight and needs must bow out, :eek: fade into zee darkness, hiccuping all zee way, alas it is not to be, heavy sigh....:(

Well, in that case, Autumnal Tone, come fly away wiz me to zee Kasbah. I weel pate your de foie gras, I weel crepe your suzette, I weel vichy in your soisse, I weel cause your cherries to sing zee jubilee.........:):D

hahaha...thats awesome :)

Unless you're a guy, :eek: 'cause I'm really straight and needs must bow out, :eek:

What the heck is REALLY straight?...hahaha

not quite, but in the interview he said none of his songs "have any real meaning, really". He writes phonetics not lyrics. and I think it's pretty obvious..."my polyamorous friend has got me in a heap of trouble again". "don't go towards the lime light" ""I never hurt anyone", I never listen at all"" Pretty much says it all right there. The music video shows large amounts of images where friends are getting intimate with each other after doing seemingly mundane things because they have sexual tension for each other. It all makes sense really.

you really like that song huH? hahaha, i love it too! My view is cynical, but it's possible he was in a poly relationship and just wrote some silly lyrics about it, haha

Back